AA2G is the stable C form which allows for a great deal of flexibility when formulating. It is proven in clinical trials to be effective antioxidant as well as up regulate collagen production. Proline is included as it has been shown to be an effective quencher of photoexcited states ( QPES.) L carnosine, is self explanatory. Anti glycation active. The serum is elegant, light and silky.
- AA2G 2%
- ALA 1%
- EPO oil 15% [ or whatever you prefer]
- Proline 1%
- Carnosine 1%
- Scooter Gum 2%
- Vit E 1%
- Glycerin 2%
- H20 71.5 %
- Ferulic Acid 0.5%
- 1N NaOH 2%
- Phenoxy 0.5%
- Adjustment 1%
- pH 5.5
- AA2G into solution
- Ferulic acid into solution using 1N NaOH add to AA2G adjust pH to @ 5.5
- Proline, Carnosine, Vit E acetate. Blend.
- Sclerotium gum, blend. Will thicken.
- While blending slowly add ALA to oil at room temp.
- Combine oil and water phase + phenoxy.
- Leave over night, next day will be a thick gel and spreads like silk.
*n.b. AA2G is not a little acidic, it is very acidic in solution. You will find that dropping little bits of Solid NaOH into the solution and testing is more effective or you will be using a great deal too much NaOH in solution.