Skin Care Talk banner

Devita sunscreen--A+++

6K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Okay, I LOVE mine! Who has this brand and is it in a jar? Because mine is a pump bottle. I LOVE the ingredients and how it feels on my face! EWG gives it a 1, IIRC. Seems I remember somebody saying they didn't like that it was in a jar, thus risking contamination, but I got a pump. Shrug... It doesn't burn my eyes, or make me greasy at all, even over moisturizer.

Zinc: 19%
Aloe Barbadensis (aloe vera gel) Purified Water, Capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil) Glycerin (vegetable) Hyaluronic acid (vegan source) Glyceryl stearate SE (derived from veg. oil) Stearic acid, Lecithin phospholipid, Tocoherol (vit e) Allantoin, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract.

And it doesn't burn my eyes AT ALL when I sweat-which has been a LOT today!

#9 ·
Looks good now that they upped the Zinc, because I remember some members saying they still got pink when using it. If only it had sunflower lecithin instead of soy. I might give it a try to use on my body!

#14 ·
I wear Devita or PP on days I go w/o makeup. On days when I just want to wear my B.E. or Halo foundation I don't use MVO- I use PP or Devita.
MV + BE or Halo AS my foundation is just too much! I haven't given up on MV at ALL!

#19 ·
Hi all! Newbie here...

Thanx for all your wonderful tips and advice. I've heard lots of great reviews on devita, so i'm real keen on trying it out. I'm jus having a hard time finding it for some reason. So for those of you who are in the UK, where do you buy it from?

Thanx in advance!
Sonya

#22 ·
I'll order directly from devita then, hope shipping isn't too expensive though. I didn't know about the short shelf life, but then again it's quite a small bottle so would probably finish in time. It'll have to do, my skin is just too sensitive for anything else.

Thanx krystal..

#21 ·
Im still waiting for mine to arrive,

Hmmm, so some people have been burned and turned pink with devita?
and it has a short shelf life? so is this the only up stake on this
is that its a physical lotion? and it go's on well?

So this would be no good for the beach?? i need somthing hard hitting.

#27 ·
I loved the consistancy on this and have not found another like it in that regards, but it was aweful for my skin. My eye area got terribly crepey and I was afraid the skin would not repair itself it was so damaged (thankfully, after many months and lots of TLC, it is almost back to where it was). I would NOT recommend this product for this reason, especially not around the eye area.

#31 ·
I to find it drying if I do not put a moisturizer on before hand, I do have dry skin to began with. The other thing I notice is it feels a little gritty on the nose around the pores later in the day not sure if its Devita and the zinc...

I am trying to find a replacement like Devita, because it can leave my face looking overly oily.

#36 ·
I never found Devita to be drying; on the contrary, I found it very moisturizing on my dry skin and used it with my moisturizers and loved it. I just didn't *trust* it to protect my skin from UV rays for some reason. <shrug>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.