Skin Care Talk banner

iv glutathione injection to make your skin lighter

85K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  brown2light 
#1 ·
Hello all,,

I am so happy that finally I can post in here...

I'd like to ask seniors here about IV gluthathione.. for those who doesn't know, you can read the notes below that I copied from the website.......

Intravenous glutathione for Skin Whitening

Most people who buy oral glutathione get frustrated with the results. Most likely, they do not know that oral glutathione is useless since it is poorly absorbed by the body.

The most effective way of raising glutatahione levels naturally is by taking in n-acetylcysteine along with other antioxidants such as Vit. C.

While the oral route is perfectly OK, other people still use the intravenous method.(I can't understand why they prefer needles over capsules!)

Intravenous glutathione is usually prepared by mixing the powder form of glutathione mixed in water. The powder form is usually lyophilized or freeze-dried glutathione sodium.

The usual single dose used in skin whitening is 500mg-600mg glutathione to 4 ml water. The IV vial containing the glutathione powder and the 4ml saline water is usually sold in tandem by pharmaceutical companies.

Only doctors and nurses who are trained to do intravenous injection are qualified to ingect IV glutathione to patients.

Not surprisingly in the Philippines, people who want to have a fairer skin, take IV glutathione injections from various beauty and medical clinics. Some even buy their own injectables through agents and have a doctor or nurse administer them, to save on cost.

In some websites, IV glutathione sell around $125- $150 per box of 10 vials. According to sellers of these GSH injectables, IV injections whould be done twice a week or every three days.

So if you do the math,one injection costs around $15 plus doctor's free. Plus shipping costs, if applicable. If you do IV GSH twice a week for a month then you would likely spend around $150-$200 per month.

There is a danger of buying fake glutathione injectables, though, especially if you buy it from a non-doctor.

If you prefer to go to the beauty clinics or doctors, a single IV glutathione session costs around P 2,500 or approx $50. So, if you have 2 sessions per week for a month, you will spend around PhP 20,000 (approx $400). Just to have a fairer complexion.

In these clinics, aestheticians will likely sell you some oral glutathione pills too! They probably want to make sure you do get whiter skin. And it won't hurt to increase their sales!

I am just wondering if any of you ever tried this treatment? and hows the results?

because I am going to Manila on January 2012 to get some iv injections.. I booked the flight and accommodation already.. so I am really hoping that I could get the result that I wanted...

See less See more
#2 ·
I was very interested in glutathione injections myself until I thoroughly researched side efects and unless I'm mistaken found that it could possibly leave you with jerking parkinson type movements. Please check properly before proceeding, as much as I want uniformed even light skin I wouldn't seriously undermine my health to achieve this, so Please check well.

#3 ·
I think Kassysix knows a lot about them...maybe she will chime in here...

#4 ·
what's up layla! The treatment do works but it depends on you original skin color. and I had the IV injection treatment it's rather costly and for the result that I wanted I needed to do the treatment for 3 months straight without any break. There is already threads on glutathione and it's benefits on the forum. But it's something that I would definitely revisit again.

#8 ·
hello...

thanks all for the suggestion...
endt91, i am asian but not filipino lol
have you been there?

i heard that you have to do at least 15 treatment to get your desired results... well i might try for a couple session with dr.belo while i am there....
if you search online you can find some iv gluthathione deals in some filipino website...

here i copied from medicalling website

Quote: Originally Posted by

Glutathione injections have been out in the cosmetic market for quite sometime now. Interestingly, the demands are in an all-time high despite of its costly value.”If you crave for a not-just-white-but-glowing skin, then go grab these injections and you’ll never regret”- this is one of the promises of Glutathione…But the question is, can it also promise us safety?

glutathione-complications-whitening

A few days back, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that Glutathione injections were not safe for the sole purpose of skin whitening. Additionally, FDA Director Suzette Lazo emphasized that the use of Glutathione was never approved as a skin whitener.

glutathione-skin-whitening-side-effects

A huge number of Filipinos are using Glutathione injections as one of their beauty secrets. I even personally know some people who use the drug and never did I encounter a single complaint from any of them. And by the way, they were using the authentic ones…

So what really is the issue? Well, i can spot two…It’s either you get a genuine glutathione injection and enjoy its benefits or be fooled and take the fake ones then end up getting all the fatal effects…

Anyhow, the bottom line is ”It’s always better to be safe than sorry”.So think twice! Here are some of the mentioned side effects and complications of Glutathione injections
Side effects of Glutathione Injections

iv-glutathione-side-effects-belo-medical

Skin whitening ( the most famous side effect!)
Hair loss
White spots on the nails
Numbness of extremities
Shivers and shakes
Depression and anxiety

Complications of Glutathione Injections :
Stevens-Johnsons Syndrome , Allergy or Anaphylaxis ( manifested by difficulty of breathing,tightness of chest, rashes, hives,and swollen skin), Systemic Infection, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis or Lyell’s Syndrome, Kidney Failure, Thyroid Dysfucntion, Severe abdominal pain

Contraindications of Glutathione Injections:
flawless-iv-glutathione-side-effects

Stevens-Johnsons Syndrome

Never use for people under chemotherapy. It may decrease the potency of anti-cancer drugs.
Not advised for people with chronic kidney failure and liver problem because it may cause digestive complications such as sever pain and persistent diarrhea.
Do not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding,
May worsen asthmatic episodes, thus it is not recommend for asthmatic individuals.

The use of this drug should always be closely monitored by a medical professional. Do not self administer, always consult an expert for a proper assessment and accurate advice. This substance does not promise absolute results for everyone. Remember, our body is uniquely created, what’s effective to others may not be effective to you. Always seek medical advice.

i am guessing if the treatments are closely monitored by professionals, it should be fine? finger cross..........

#9 ·
yes i've been to philippines, but not in manila. it's a great place. bring your sunblock though...and sweat rag. it's super super hot and humid.

if you go to dra. belo (or just a regular Belo clinic since meeting with dra. belo is probs pretty expensive) you should try a couple services and let us know how they go. ahaha i might book a couple appointments for myself next time i go.

#10 ·
Any Updates? I was a member of another skin lightening forum and on there, there was a women who was a model and knew alot of celebrities. She claimed most of them achieved a natural lighter tone through Glut injections. I would definitely consider this option if I have solid evidence the injections are safe, actually work and give permanent results.

#11 ·
Hi RoseGoldBarbie thank you for your reply. I have decided I know longer want to get Glutathione Injections there is to much risk associated with it from what I've read in threads. I was contemplating taking either NAC/Glutathione/MSM along with Vitimin C but I have read that to much NAC can be toxic, glutathione doesn't work and I have experienced side effects from MSM such as Bloating, constipation and headaches. However I am now thinking that could have been down to the fact I needed a good detox,as I eat alot of crap. I am considering taking MSM and VITIMIN C again in powder form but to be honest I am really really intrested in trying Glutathione. For those who would like to know apart from the negative side effects I did indeed notice lightening not so much on the skin but more on my iris, my sister even asked if I was wearing contacts at one point. I did notice skin lighting but it was very very minimal. My nails grew long and thick, skin felt super soft and my joint stupidness disappeared. (I took this supplements for 1-2 months, if I can remember correctly, I definitely was not on it for long nor was I consistent. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.