Purging from OCM - Page 25
Page 25 of 25 First 15 24 25

Thread: Purging from OCM

I'm very prone to breakouts (hormonal/dietary, I've found). I've tried OCM in two bouts; first pure hemp seed oil (said to be even closer to natural sebum than jojoba), and second was hemp + castor oil (about 70/30% hemp/castor); both high quality, organic products.

I've never really liked it, though. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe I just did it too often (daily), maybe something else. I may try it again when my CeraVe cleanser runs out (I have to order from overseas), less frequently.

Reading everyone's great results and experiences tempts me to try it again, but I felt like it was breaking me out or at least not super awesome. I also found it left me dry - but that could be caused by sealing out moisture. I don't really know. I just know that since beginning using CeraVe (with hyaluronic acid etc), my skin stays way better hydrated.

I'm waiting for ingredients for the famous vit C serum (with HA) so maybe it could work. No other way to know than to experiment!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I think if you try it, the right formulation is key. I did it with jojoba and another with olive oil mixed with castor and had major breakouts with huge boils on my face and I am NOT acne prone. Since I have very dry skin, I use about 10-20% castor oil with 80-90% sunflower seed oil. It works for me, and I love it; but everyone reacts differently as I've learned the hard way. Good luck. Hopefully your next attempt works as well for you as it does for me!

(Oops! Just saw the note above was from February!! lol!!!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements