dermal melasma
Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 Last

Thread: dermal melasma

dermal melasma

I have been battleing dermal melasma for about 3 years. Originaly I tried all the over the counter creams with hydroqnone (spelling?) but they did nothing. My doctor also had me try some chemical peels which only made my skin red. She used a special lamp and told me that the pigment in my skin is dermal which means deep in the skin.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with dermal melasma? Is there any hope?

Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    I have been battleing dermal melasma for about 3 years. Originaly I tried all the over the counter creams with hydroqnone (spelling?) but they did nothing. My doctor also had me try some chemical peels which only made my skin red. She used a special lamp and told me that the pigment in my skin is dermal which means deep in the skin.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with dermal melasma? Is there any hope?
    hello marther i to have melasma on my upper lip area and chin area very embarrasing looks like iv got a mistash lol iv tryed lots of diff creams and stuff over the years and nothing has worked so far .just make shure you wear plenty of sun cream to stop it getting any darker ..iv also just started using bio oil it doesnt claim to get rid of it but hopfully fade it some ...il keep ya posted on my progress and chin up hun

Thanks for your help. Can I ask you what products have you tried? Hvae you tried anything from the doctor?

no iv not tryed anything from docs just fade cream and lemon and iv just bought some bio oil wich says helps reduce the apperence of dark pigmentation .but iv read up a lot on many websites and ppl say thers not really alot you can do for it and im not to keen to try peels exct appart from making shure you were plenty of sun cream which i do and i have noticed by doing this... it hasnt got any darker this summer which is good as i hate having it .it just looks like i have a moustach i try cover up with makeup but you can still see it .il try get sum pics done so you can see what mine looks like xx

You might want to look into a prescription product called TriLuma.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanRL View Post
    You might want to look into a prescription product called TriLuma.
    hi susan is this product triluma for melsam or dark pigmentaion ??have you tryed it if so what results did you get ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicky12 View Post
    hi susan is this product triluma for melsam or dark pigmentaion ??have you tryed it if so what results did you get ?
    You can get some information at their website Tri-Luma. Or you can ask your doctor about it.

I have not tried it yet, but I am thinking about it. It uses a chemical called hydroquinone to bleach the skin. If you have dark skin, hydroquinone is not recommended.

many thanks susan will have a good look now xx

Quote Originally Posted by SusanRL View Post
    You can get some information at their website Tri-Luma. Or you can ask your doctor about it.

I have not tried it yet, but I am thinking about it. It uses a chemical called hydroquinone to bleach the skin. If you have dark skin, hydroquinone is not recommended.
    why is it not recommended for dark skin? By dark skin, how dark do you mean? is it because it won't lighten or something? I'm using it and it works but i intend to stop bcuz of so many bad things i have read about it.

On dark skin hydroquinone can actually make the skin darker.