Skin Care Talk banner

What is your favorite foundation?

178K views 781 replies 224 participants last post by  CocoMonday 
#1 ·
My favorite products are from MAC. I especially like the Studiofix foundation.

#746 ·
I need to try revlon color stay Too many ppl been listing it.. I stayed away from revlon because most of whom I saw wearing it had this greasy muddy look but I guess it's the make up lines that makes a dif... I'll be watching this thread for shopping tips cuz I go loco when I stand infront of a make up case... I can't choose cuz I don't know jack... Has anyone used sephora?

#747 ·
Gymmie I'm a make up rookie ... I'm just getting into the business.... Still watching vids on YouTube.. I like iman because it's smooth n it doesn't have those weird tints or leaves a white cast or gives u a dark dull look... My friend is a MUA and I consulted her on one of her looks and she suggested iman.. I haven't tried high end make ups as yet (because of my lightening journey ) wanna set my tone right.. Bobbi brown .. Looks really promising .. I defo have my eyes on it... Wud really like to hear reviews!
I need to try revlon color stay Too many ppl been listing it.. I stayed away from revlon because most of whom I saw wearing it had this greasy muddy look but I guess it's the make up lines that makes a dif... I'll be watching this thread for shopping tips cuz I go loco when I stand infront of a make up case... I can't choose cuz I don't know jack... Has anyone used sephora?
LOVE Sephora!! Great place to get samples. Become a sample junkie there. I will admit I am a makeup junkie but when I have something special going on I will pop into Sephora pretend I am shopping for a new foundation. What I am really doing is just looking for samples of the latest foundation out ;) I pop in probably 1-2 a month. I purchase most of my brushes, mascara, lip glosses, fragrance, etc from them, but tend to go to the actual beauty counter for my foundation purchases. I don't know why, but that's just usually how I roll. But.......I do use Sephora for samples, its a great way to try new things to see if they will work for you. Last week the SA gave me 3 fragrance samples, and not small ones, like these I could seriously use for months!! I only like 2 out of 3 but hey, they were free ;) Bobbi Brown, great range of color in her products. Priced not bad for higher end makeup. I have several shadows, lippies, but my favorite product of hers is the foundation stick. Super quick and easy to apply, easy to throw in your bag if you need too, goes on light, very natural looking, but still provides great coverage, holds up really well with heat/humidity. http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/14017/29723/Makeup/Face-and-Cheek/Foundation/Skin-Foundation-Stick/SS14#undefined3 Revlon Color Stay, I want to say UtopianBeauty likes this one as well........if not, she's another who can give you great makeup reviews......plus she's located in makeup heaven!! They get all the goods before they even hit the US!! Utopianbeauty

#754 ·
I got myself the bobbi browm concealer kit(creamy concealer+finished pressed powder). Unfortunately is Bobbi Brown expensive IMO I look more natural with BB than MAC. Red lipstick the dream of each woman. I found my peace with burgundy reddish tones...I love my BB raspberry/blackberry lipstick. If I could would wear everyday lipstick am not into make up in general but a good lipstick is must have. Further, in Germany you don't have much choice its either BB OR MAC for dark skinned people like me, sometimes you find black opal(I hate it-tried it was just too thick&sticky for my like)

#759 ·
gymrat to be honest am a natural girl-extra long braids-lipstick Finish is BRio. So it doesn't bother me that much. Germany is a disaster if it comes to black people's products. I have a Bobbi Brown foundation stick and my concealer kit that is enough for my like. I don't know how to apply makeup in general, for instance, I don't use eye shadow. I like the simple but at the point look. I have the gel eyeliner by Bobbi Brown (dark green-great product) and my raspberry/blackberry lipsticks. I don't use their setting powder. The lipsticks are nice...creamy and has a nice decent lovely shine...there are more of the darker spectrum of red- burgundy. I just take it easy with makeup. Since am at STC ...my skin is dark but clear&fresh- like you know the lightening game is over for me. I do my weekly LA peels and my DIY Vit.C plus my new BEST FRIEND SUNSCREEN. We need to talk about Retin A for my regime.

#760 ·
Brio I am not heavy into makeup myself, I have loads of it, but I rarely do my entire face. I save that energy for nights I go out or have functions to attend. On a regular day its sunscreen blush and mascara........and about 15 lip glosses in my bag :hehe: you know the color you apply all depends on the mood your in ;) or at least that is what I tell myself when I go to purchase another....... As for your routine, HOORAY for the DIY Vit C and double hooray for the sunscreen. Now incorporate RA every other night and you will be golden :thumbsup: Start with the lower %, and gradually increase as you see your skin tolerating it. If you have dry skin, use the cream version, if you are acne prone or have combo skin, use the gel version.

#762 ·
Thank God I have found this thread. I LOVE playing in makeup. However, I'm all about SKIN ( not too crazy about eyeshadow or anything ) it's all about having the right foundation & concealer ( for me ). Unfortunately I am still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. I have combination to dry skin. My favorite drugstore foundation is Revlon Colorstay, Covergirl 3 in 1 and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. All of these are med to full coverage. My current foundation is cover FX cream foundation but it can definitely get OILY during the day. I'm thinking about trying either the MAC studio fix fluid or MUFE HD foundation or NARS ( any opinions on these 3 foundations? ) I feel like I'm talking too much lol. Since you guys mentioned Iman maybe I should give that a try. What is the finish? Matte or Dewy ? xox

#773 ·
@Swampstalker, go too Findation.com type in the foundations you do like and it will give you others that are similar. Give it a try. They even have drugstore brands, not all department store brands.

Ive been to that site. It's awesome! Most times they don't match me right though but it's usually only off by a shade or two. When I last looked, some products were dead on but the ones that were reddish in undertones were way off.
Ya, their matching is definitely hit n miss for me too. I never give up trying though. I love trying and experimenting with new stuff all the time :eek:

Let me know what you think of MAC. I used to wear their powder and for a short time their Studio Fix. I still use their eye shadows and liners, and have several lipsticks, the pigment in their stuff is out of this world.

#776 ·
@gymrat, see you done started it for real now!

I was cruising eBay and came across the Becca Luminous Skin Color in Cognac (lightweight) for $12.99. Its usually $42. I bought it. Now I have two more on the way. Its all your fault. I didn't know a thing about Becca until "somebody" told me Sephora had samples. Now when I see stuff on eBay that I have samples of, I buy it impulsively!

This is becoming a disease. My husband is not amused. You're gonna get me in trouble and I'm not going to be allowed to play with you anymore. LOL!

#777 ·
@gymrat, see you done started it for real now!

I was cruising eBay and came across the Becca Luminous Skin Color in Cognac (lightweight) for $12.99. Its usually $42. I bought it. Now I have two more on the way. Its all your fault. I didn't know a thing about Becca until "somebody" told me Sephora had samples. Now when I see stuff on eBay that I have samples of, I buy it impulsively!

This is becoming a disease. My husband is not amused. You're gonna get me in trouble and I'm not going to be allowed to play with you anymore. LOL!
LMAO........
@hipvalley, Becca is my life, but I do blame ALL that on UtopianBeauty. You know how we roll around here, we will never take the blame, we always have another to pass that off too :p

I use Becca Backlight Primer, and I am so not a primer person. Tried so many, but this one, really works well. I also use the Shimmering Skin Perfector. I use it on my cheek bone, dab on my forehead, chin, above my lip (in the pout). I just dab it on with my finger, its one of my absolute favorite things to add once my face is all done. Love love love it!!

Here to make that shopping experience easier, I've added links :p
http://www.sephora.com/backlight-priming-filter-P399831
http://www.sephora.com/shimmering-s...d content_undefined_brand:becca_p375987_image

And you know the rule........treat makeup like new shoes, THROW THOSE BOXES AWAY and hubby won't even know you've added more to your arsenal :five:

#782 ·
My super favorite is Revlon Colorstay in 400 Caramel for combo oily skin. Also I like Black Radiance in Rum Spice. I'm not much of a foundation person, but Revlon is my go to. I really like these two for color purposes. It's hard to find a good color that will match me. I have yellow undertones (green veins). I'm thinking about trying Nars...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.