Skin Care Talk banner

TCA Instructions

298K views 940 replies 168 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
http://www.tcapeels.com/how-to-use-a...el-at-home.htm
TCA 20% Peel Directions

( I buy mine MUAC )

Before doing TCA it helps BUT NOT necessary to do some type of exfoliation. Glycolic, Lactic or of course Retin A. Be sure to STOP about 5 days prior to the actual peel date.

For the first time, I suggest starting with 15%. Do a patch test on the side of your face near the jaw line with ONE layer. Wait the required 5 minutes then neutralize with 50/50 water/baking soda. If all goes well you can do the TCA peel but wait 24 hours after the test to be sure there is no reaction. If you like during this test patch you can wait the 5 minutes then put on a second layer on the same area to see if it will frost ( if it does NOT frost on the first layer ) Frosting is again not necessary but does give a deeper better peel. ( in my experience/opinion )

When you are ready to do the peel have your neutralizer ready. Put Vaseline around the eye and nostril area. Use a fan brush as it covers a larger area more quickly. Try not to overlap the solution if possible and be sure the brush is damp but NOT dripping. Once applied wait the 5 min. ( I suggest a first time peeler do ONE layer the first time ) after the 5 minutes neutralize. I often rinse with cool water after the neutralizer as it just feels nice!

Have the ointment ready to apply once you CAREFULLY dry your face. I use the ointment the next day if I am still pink.

By the second day you will feel tight and the skin will look shiny. By the 3rd day you will have dark patches and feel much tighter. By day 4-5 you should start to peel. While dry and crinkly I often use some Retin A to speed the peel. If you get too tight and uncomfortable try some EMU oil. The whole process can take up to 10 days, but SO worth it.

Any questions just ask the goat

See less See more
#2 ·
TCA Home Peels are excellent for softening deeper wrinkling,
reducing/removing less severe facial lines, improving sun damage, fading hyperpigmentation (freckles, "age" spots), reducing scars (not keloid scarring, however), reducing acneic conditions with/without scarring, reducing and/or completely removing upper lip lines. Improved skin coloration/brightness will be seen after peeling, with a fresh, more refined texture to the skin.

***TCA peels typically tighten the skin and provide a lifting effect.
***Begin with our 12.5% peel if you haven't used TCA's previously. Once you have become accustomed to using TCA's at home...and should you feel you need to use a stronger percentage...graduate-up to the 15% or 18%.

21% should *only* be used by clients who have tolerated the 18% very well. 21% is *very* strong and not for the beginning/novice TCA user.

Be Cautious When Purchasing online Peels
MUAC (Makeupartistchoice) is a FDA registered laboratory facilities to ensure the highest purity medical grade and professional formulations. Beware of TCA "homegrown" concoctions being offered on eBay and sub-standard websites. Some websites boast personal licensing in the skin care field and the qualifications of their "chemist." Others offer rock-bottom pricing. There's a reason for this.....their products have *not* been formulated in registered, quality-controlled FDA Lab facilities. Quality-control ensures the purity and safety of the product. FDA Lab Registered facilities are monitored (unannounced visits by FDA reps), and must adhere to strict GMP (good manufacturing practices). FDA Lab formulated products ensure you are getting products handled by certified chemists, working in quality-controlled laboratory facilities registered with the FDA. Our lab is FDA and EPA registered, certified for GMP. FDA lab formulated products come with certifications that are kept on-file for proof of formulation. That's your guarantee the product advertised is indeed what you are receiving.

Pre-Peel:
Using alpha hydroxy products for a week prior to your TCA peel....glycolic acid, mandelic acid, lactic acid.... will help to "prime" the skin for the TCA. Do not, however, use an alpha hydroxy acid.....nor any other acid.....on the same day as your TCA peel. While priming the skin isn't an absolute prerequisite, it may help you to realize a more productive peeling experience. If you are planning to use our stronger TCA peeling products at a later time, prime your skin with our Retinol or Alpha Hydroxy Peels (glycolic, lactic, mandelic).

If you are using this peel primarily for hyper pigmentation issues, use our 40% Lactic Acid Peel, along our Fade Serum for 2-3 weeks pre-peel. Use the peel once weekly and the serum twice a day.
Cautions:

• Do not use this product if you are currently using Accutane,
    or have used Accutane anytime within the last 24 months, as scarring may result.
  • Darker skin tones should avoid TCA peels above 15%. Darkening of the skin could occur. Alternative peels are available. Please ask us for guidance, and we will help you choose the best peel.
  • Do not use a TCA peel if you have herpes simplex.
  • Do not use if you are pregnant.
  • Do not use if you are lactating.
  • Do not use if you tend to keloid.
  • Do not use if you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
  • Do not use if you are HIV positive or have AIDS.
  • Don't apply the TCA to areas where you have used hair removal products, have shaved, or used granular exfoliation products or buffing pads for several days pre-peel. We need non-irritated skin for best results.
  • Discontinue acid-based products, retinoids, acne skin products, granular products, and other exfoliators for 48 hours before peel application and 2 weeks post-peel.
What You'll Need To Provide:

• Petroleum jelly, an anti-biotic ointment, and an anti-itch cream. Vaseline (petroleum jelly), Bacitracin or Neosporin (anti-bacterial creams) and Lanacaine or Cortaid (anti-itch) are recommended.
  • An accurate ******* timer.
  • Q-tips or cotton pads, or gauze pads for applying the peel to skin. Use the implement with which you are most comfortable.
How Long Will My Results Last?

--Several months for most clients.
--Using glycolic or lactic acid peels on a weekly basis will help to maintain your results longer.

Frequency Of Use (these are general guidelines for the majority of clients):

Most clients using the 12.5% TCA will need to do a series of 2-3 peels, spaced about 2-3 weeks apart to realize optimal results. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days. Light flaking or peeling for most.

Clients using the 15%, 18% and 21% strengths will realize more pronounced results and may need to do only 1 treatment. Subsequently, use the peel every 60-90 days.

• 12.5% is a light peel
  • 15% is a light-medium peel
  • 18% is a medium peel
  • 21% is a medium-strong peel and should be used ONLY by clients who have tolerated the 18% with no problems.
  • 24% is a strong peel
  • 30% should *never* be used at full strength... use our dilution recipes to create varying peel strengths for versatility
If you are unsure where to begin, it's always a good idea to begin with the lightest strength. We offer you a step-up program for safe usage.
Do NOT begin with the 18% or 21% TCA unless you have used 15% several times successfully. 18% and 21% are much more aggressive peels and should not be applied to skin untested by TCA's previously.

#11 ·
I also vote that this become a sticky!

#13 ·
I used tretinoin 2 days before my spot peels. No problems. I did frost almost immediately though. Still kept it on for the full 5 minutes. Worked great. Started back on tretinoin a day later. Started peeling less than 3 days after starting.
Cover up stick worked well. Did not scare the lil kids outside.

#19 ·
Goat lady,
I just bought a TCA 20% peel + Jesner's. I also bought Glycolic, Lactic, and Salicylic Acids. To give you some background: I just turned 34 and have recently become obsessed with having great skin...because I loved the results of my first professional facial. They are super expensive so I figure, I can do it at home for much less! I've used the pumpkin peel you rave about once or twice a week with great results. During the day I wash with a Green Tea wash, followed by tonic, Vivite Rejuv RX (firm and lift)serum, Vivant Spin Trap serum, followed by Hyaluronic Acid lotion by Dermae. At night I wash, use the tonic, followed by Copper Peptide serum, and the Dermae Hyaluronic lotion. Once a week I use a Vivant Algae mask. Oh, yeah, and I've had 2 professional Glycolic and Salicylic peels in the past 3 months. With that said, what sort of regime would you suggest for me with my new peels? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Rhoadsrunner

#20 ·
First I would say SLOW and easy there with those peels! Don't try to do it all at one time. I have never done the Jessner peel so I am not familiar with it all. I have done 18% TCA with great results. The pumpkin peel has several acids and one is 30% glycolic. I would only do that one once per week for 6 weeks then 1 time per month. Some of the lotions you mentioned I have never used. Are you trying any kind of Retinoid product or Vit C?

#23 ·
Please forgive me, I am new to anti-aging products, I do need the help though.
I really am finding this sticky helpful and I love YOU Goatlady
!! Please answer me this: if I do apply a TCA Peel, as Goatlady instructs, will my skin be red (or in some way discolored) for days? Also, would I put the formulation over my entire face or just the areas I see wrinkles (should I include the areas I think may develop wrinkles)? Sorry, one more, as I understand (
I do not recall their username talking to the 24 year old girl about frequency of doing TCA Peels), the frequency of applying TCA Peel is twice a year and, if so, is that enough for a 48 year old woman who has taken good care of her skin (not much sun, moisturized since teens every day, took off make-up every night) who is getting some fine wrinkles?

I do not suppose one should put the TCA Peel on the under eye area huh?
Nah that seems stupid to do. What could I do with that area...I have some lines I would like to erase
...moisturize heavy duty, use a particular product?

All help is gratefully appreciated. Thank you all so much for your patience.

Hugs,
PurpleSocrates

#24 ·
PurpleSocrates, yes if you apply the TCA your face will be red for a day or two but normally no longer than that. After the redness goes away it turns to brown and then dries up and looks crinkley, then begins to peel. So all in all it takes about a week to 10 days to complete a TCA peel. Depending of course on the % you use.

You don't have to apply the TCA over your entire face. You can always just do spot treatments, which is applying the TCA in specific areas of concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.