Skin Care Talk banner

Green tea extract for skincare!!

20K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  laylahai 
#1 ·
I want to start making my own acne products using green tea extract and was wondering what the best place to buy it from is. The only places I have found that sell it are Skinactives and Cranberrylane.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Just wanna ask...which would be more effective? fresh green tea or green tea extract? im asking this because i have a few green tea plants in my garden (thanks to Mei Ling my chinese friend who gave me this as a gift)...

enlighten me pls

#6 ·
Just wanna ask...which would be more effective? fresh green tea or green tea extract? im asking this because i have a few green tea plants in my garden (thanks to Mei Ling my chinese friend who gave me this as a gift)...

enlighten me pls
I would imagine fresh green tea leaves would be really good, but I really don't know. Right now I'm currently using dried green tea leaves and just brewing really concentrated tea.

Moisturizer:
First I make really concentrated green tea with 1/4 a cup water and like 3 teabags. Next I added a little bit of sencha (powdered green tea) for extra green tea power, a squeeze of lemon juice, let it cool, and added 2 teaspoons 100% pure vegetable glycerin. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.

I use this for acne, and have already seen an improvement in my complexion.

#8 ·
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was interested in adding green tea extract to some of my lotions/moisturizers. I have one concern, the green tea extract color is extremely dark brown, greenish color. Does adding this to your moisturizer/lotion stain your skin? Please help a newbie! :D

#13 ·
Very old thread! But I love using tea in skin care; my skin absolutely loves green and white tea. I usually make an infusion (a very strong tea) with the dried leaves and use it in toners.

Cheers,
Li

#15 ·
Can I just use green tea that is brewed?  What do people use green tea for ?  As in what is the benefit of it?
Post #4 above gives you locations of where you can purchase Green Tea Extract to use for DIY purposes. You can use Green Tea brewed from home if you wanted to use as a toner. But I would not use brewed tea for DIY purposes. I would use those listed in post #4.

#19 ·
Hi gym, i have powdered green tea extract food grade. Can i just mix it with my body lotion?I dont want to make a lotion myself but would there be a problem if i put green tea extract and alpha arbutin powder in it? How would i calculate percentages if i am putting in a pre made store bought lotion like nivea??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.