Tranexamic Acid for melasma? - Page 54
Page 54 of 54 First 44 53 54

Thread: Tranexamic Acid for melasma?

Hi everyone!. I am back. My spots have reared their ugly head again. I did use transino over the winter and it did fade but came right back. I am thinking I might be using it for too short a time. It was two months this time around. Maybe I need longer? Don't know, but I am going to try. I also have purchased the Transino whitening cream. Anyone tried it yet? Wish me luck...again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi spottedlatina, good news that your melasma faded but sorry it came back. I have been using Femstrual brand TA here in the UK on & off for periods of about a month. It works great for me & really lightens (not removes) my melasma. Like yours though, it does come back. I haven't used it all the time because I don't know what effect the drug will have on me. It is a real pain that it comes back BUT each time I have gone back onto TA it does fade again. The problem I now have is that I can't get hold of Femstrual anywhere, so I'm stuck. I ordered Transino yesterday & am waiting for it to arrive. Just hope I can get it into the UK, OK!

Hi everyone, I am thinking of taking TA pills but am wondering how everyone else is doing taking this long term?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

TA

Quote Originally Posted by aishops81 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am thinking of taking TA pills but am wondering how everyone else is doing taking this long term?
    Hi. I've continued to take transino and straight TA and it more or less has removed the horrific patches - it DOES work. I had become very very despondent. Had some very stubborn patches round my eyes and it def removes these. One thing though - it does come back if you stop taking the TA which is a pain. I find in winter things are better and generally I try to take as low a dose as possible as long as I am hapy with very light melasma. If I feel things are gettng a bit darker, I'll up the dosage again but I can't do with ow dark the melasma was so I just keep taking it. For me, so far this has been a Godsend and I hope it keeps being so

2.5 years later Transino is still working for melasma

Quote Originally Posted by AFB1 View Post
    Hi. I've continued to take transino and straight TA and it more or less has removed the horrific patches - it DOES work. I had become very very despondent. Had some very stubborn patches round my eyes and it def removes these. One thing though - it does come back if you stop taking the TA which is a pain. I find in winter things are better and generally I try to take as low a dose as possible as long as I am hapy with very light melasma. If I feel things are gettng a bit darker, I'll up the dosage again but I can't do with ow dark the melasma was so I just keep taking it. For me, so far this has been a Godsend and I hope it keeps being so
    I've been taking Transino (the Japanese tranexamic acid + vitamin c pill, ordered online from Japan in a Box) for about 2.5 years. In the beginning I was very diligent about it and the melasma pretty quickly faded. Now I often skip days or just take one pill a day (versus the 4 that are suggested) and I haven't seen a return. I was recently at the dermatologist trying to get an anti-aging skin regimen and I mentioned that I used to have disfiguring, dark melasma and she was SHOCKED. She couldn't tell at all. There have been a couple of times after vacation when I think I see it returning and I apply Lotramin athletes' foot cream (weird, I know -- it's discussed earlier in this thread along with the idea that melasma may have a fungal component) just as an extra precaution, because I did see some results from that before I started Transino.

It seems like it would be depressing to rely on a medication but compared to how I felt with melasma, it's really not. I had tried everything (expensive peels, Obagi, I once eliminated coffee for a YEAR based on some theory, etc) so I'm just grateful there is a solution that actually works and I'm happy to keep using it. It's all I can do not to approach strangers with melasma and tell them about it!

Hey,

I've been taking TA for periods as well as for my melasma on and off for a couple of years. I haven't been really routine with taking it recently as it's never came back to as bad as it used to be. I've also been having PRP for around my eyes for fine lines and that's also broken up some of the pigmentation.

It's worth it if you can get it. Don't expect miracles.

Thanks

Tiina

Quote Originally Posted by AFB1 View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply! That means that you are taking this daily? Hoe much are you taking on a daily basis?

Yes I can imagine. I took half a pill the other day and got paranoid about having a tight chest. Not sure if I was imagining it (been very scared to try this). That said, my melasma really really bothers me.... I have seen it grow darker and darker over the years and it is more predominant on one side of my face. Am worried that it is going to take up my whole face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini33 View Post
    I've been taking Transino (the Japanese tranexamic acid + vitamin c pill, ordered online from Japan in a Box) for about 2.5 years. In the beginning I was very diligent about it and the melasma pretty quickly faded. Now I often skip days or just take one pill a day (versus the 4 that are suggested) and I haven't seen a return. I was recently at the dermatologist trying to get an anti-aging skin regimen and I mentioned that I used to have disfiguring, dark melasma and she was SHOCKED. She couldn't tell at all. There have been a couple of times after vacation when I think I see it returning and I apply Lotramin athletes' foot cream (weird, I know -- it's discussed earlier in this thread along with the idea that melasma may have a fungal component) just as an extra precaution, because I did see some results from that before I started Transino.

It seems like it would be depressing to rely on a medication but compared to how I felt with melasma, it's really not. I had tried everything (expensive peels, Obagi, I once eliminated coffee for a YEAR based on some theory, etc) so I'm just grateful there is a solution that actually works and I'm happy to keep using it. It's all I can do not to approach strangers with melasma and tell them about it!

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements