Skin Care Talk banner

Best Lightening Soaps

539K views 1K replies 259 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 ·
is it possible that soaps can lighten your skin colour??. ive come across likas soap and diana stadler.. can any1 recommend the best one to purchase??

#1,409 ·
Its definitely a good soap. I fished out some that I had stashed somewhere. Ive cut i into 2 pieces and will be using that to see how long it lasts me (my first time ever cutting soap) .... @Bkoboy

#1,411 ·
lol i just wanna say that it very possible for you to lighten with just soap (and intense sap). my dad apparently used my mum soap recommended by me due to sct. his arm got fairer because he wears mostly long sleeve. they had a quarrel about it cause people in his work place made comments that he was bleaching. don't know which of the soap either asantee, kbrother or a gluthatione soap.

#1,413 ·
all the soaps my mum has which he used were recommended here. we used at least three soaps in that period before he went back to dettol because of the lightening. i know one was from Asantee, the other kbrother but the gluta soap i didn't care for much. my face is feeling okay but it would get a bit better soon. thinking of getting cerave

#1,417 ·
Girls, GNG pink soap is the best, at least for joint and HANDS AND FINGERS,
I'm not bleaching but, while using this soap with a kit...oh my god! my hands became so fair and even after 2 months +, I've stopped since 2 weeks now because my body is getting too fair, but no redarkning yet, especially my hands...still so white!

tips: cut into 3 pieces of it and put 1 in the *******, 1 in the toilet, 1 in the bathroom, so that "GnG, everywhere you are!"
I think KA is the solution for dark knukkles before coming with HQ or AA..

#1,434 ·
I literally read this post since #100 just because I was looking for a nice lightening soap, my skin is "yellow" and I want to look pale, this is what I plan to buy:

Asantee Papaya & rice milk honey
Asantee tamarind & goat milk
Dead sea salt soap

I don't know what sunscreen and lotion to buy (in eBay please) any advice please?

#1,435 ·
Sunscreen : devita, alba botanical, burnout, laroche posay, babo, neutrogena, badger all great brands.
lotion: do you mean lightening or exfoliating?
for lightening since you want the pale look I recommend gng lotion and oil, dodo lotion.
Exfoliating lotions: amlactin, fair and white AHA lotion, DCl revitalizing lotion.

#1,438 · (Edited)
lol I am no goddess just a skincare enthusiast. I do have my own thread. Fair and white AHA lotion exfoliates like amlactin use one or the other. It doesn't really lighten just brightens. I mean gng lotion not the cream an oil is not mandatory but with gng using one or all three of them together lighten the skin faster together.
thanks for the reply. ive seen a couple of your threads, but mostly seen your reply posts and suggestions. Oh i just see lighten/brighten go hand in hand, but i guess most people would consider lightening as going pale. Ive used precious lightening serum with vitamin c, precious brightening cream, tretinoin, and VICCO TURMERIC SKIN CARE CREAM WITH SANDALWOOD OIL on face layered i saw good results with micro needling.

I exfoliate fast since i use steam/ sauna like 3 times a week after workouts. im gonna buy more products this week what would your suggestions be for the face? Im already planning on buying gng lotion, cream, and oil. Although ive used about 4 G&G Teint Uniforme Lightening Beauty Cream in the past with little change on my body. i have never used any lightening products on the body other than gng. whats your go to?

#1,439 ·
thanks for the reply. ive seen a couple of your threads, but mostly seen your reply posts and suggestions. Oh i just see lighten/brighten go hand in hand, but i guess most people would consider lightening as going pale. Ive used precious lightening serum with vitamin c, precious brightening cream, tretinoin, and VICCO TURMERIC SKIN CARE CREAM WITH SANDALWOOD OIL on face layered i saw good results with micro needling.

I exfoliate fast since i use steam/ sauna like 3 times a week after workouts. im gonna buy more products this week what would your suggestions be for the face? Im already planning on buying gng lotion, cream, and oil. Although ive used about 4 G&G Teint Uniforme Lightening Beauty Cream in the past with little change on my body. i have never used any lightening products on the body other than gng. whats your go to?
Gng is my go to I left it and I regretted it I can back and I am never going back! I hear good things about Vicco have you considered going back to that with some IKB? Since gng didn't do you justice the last time may he try qe1 with two of it's serums the harmonie line and one gel mix into the lotion and see how that goes.

#1,447 ·
@moon maiden, I bought the triple white soap because I dropped Kojie/Marie France. I know it's strong but do you think it's due to any mercury, steroids, HQ???? Really want to avoid those and just stick to a KA-based soap. Do you think it's just a high percent KA soap? What about the placenta?
@arrow, can glutathione really be synthesized into a soap and be effective?
Triple white is KA to the best of my knowledge. It worked really well but now it is just not the same. Soaps are not as effective as creams though. With soaps and even exfoliating lotions help a lot of people get ride of tans all the time. So there is something to the soaps just not like creams and such.

#1,452 ·
@moon maiden I want to DIY my own sugar scrub cause the commercial ones are so pricey so can I use the grounded white sugar? or brown sugar. but I don't know how brown sugar looks like? is it packaged? is it as aggressive as the white one? am sorry for the questions dear..
This is my sugar scrub recipe:
brown sugar and white sugar I add epsom salt to it with some honey, lemon juice and olive oil and aloe Vera gel.

#1,456 ·
Broad spectrum preservatives such as
Benzylalcohol Dehydroacetic Acid,
Paraben-DU, Phenoxyethanol-SA and stabilizers such as EDTA should help with lotions and soaps. Or natural antimicrobials such as potassium sorbate, tea tree essential oils, or sorbic acid, etc

#1,457 · (Edited)
@arrow , I thought the same. Thanks for your input!! :) What do you think are some hallmark characteristics if a soap has mercury or steroids? So we who would like to avoid them can have a heads up? The triple white soap has arbutin in it. I thought so because immediately my skin became more yellow/orange and not pale lilke kojic acid. I asked the seller and she first said it did contain arbutin but when I requested a return, she said no it didn't. Do you think there is any chance of rebound/ochronosis from two nights use? Maybe a ridiculous question but I never wanted HQ/arbutin to touch my cells. I'm naturally light and I don't want to now naturally get dark. :eek:

@gymrat , can I sell the two remaining soaps to one of our members that is fine with HQ/arbutin use? :)

@moon maiden , just in case you didn't want to use HQ/arbutin, letting you know about it being inside the triple white soap. :) I also bought the pink Shouvy kojic soap and I'm awaiting the seller's response to the ingredients as well.

Any suggestions for a KA only soap from anyone? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.