surgery or not
Page 1 of 4 1 2 Last

Thread: surgery or not

surgery or not

I am new to this forum, I have been considering a ont stitch or complete mid face lift, are there any products out there that can really make a difference with sagging skin and nasal labial folds. Also I am try ing to sort through the maze of products for quality skin care, has ayone got comments on Cindy Crawfords beauty line

To quote from a book I'm reading by a dermatologist she says "... sagging around the jawline is a surgical problem. While deep nasolabial folds or marionette lines at the corner of the mouth can be greatly improved byinjecting fillers, the jawline cannot..." A sagging jawline happens because of a combination of thinning skin, loss of subcutaneous fat, loss of muscle bulk and the loss of bone in the cheeks and jaw..." I used a product by Alloette called "line freeze" which gave very good temporary results -- but it is temporary. If you are considering a face lift of any kind investigate if the practioner is a licensed surgeon. There are all sorts of clinics out there and some don't have a qualified surgeon on staff.

Before you do anything drastic.....have you tried facial exercises?? Building up the cheek muscles will lift the jowl folds and smooth out the nasolabial (marionette) lines. I have been doing it since Aug and really am seeing great results. It targets eyes, cheeks, lips, neck, forehead. It works the whole face and only takes around 30 min/day. Facial massage will rev up the circulation too.

Google " Ageless If You Dare" for the websites.

Hi, I'm new here, but skin care and anti aging are my best friends.
    Sagging skin cause by many reasons. One of them is lack of Elastin fibers in your skin tissue. I know how you feel, I felt the same...
    please, before you consider a face lift surgery, take a moment to explore the non surgical facelift alternative treatments.
    Ask me if you need any help.

I am a dissenting opinion in that I am all for surgical intervention. I luckily do not have saggy skin on my face, my face is actually more or less wrinkle free but that is down to good skincare and sunblock which I have used on my face for years (only wish I was smart enough to have treated the rest of my body with the same respect). I myself am and have been considering Laser Resurfacing on my face in the Autumn more for some scars under my jaw and fine lines that have appeared around my eyes (yes I am that vain). I also want to do it because I am considering a TCA on my throat and decolletage which are a bit weather beaten.

That all said if you have sagging you will not get quick results from anything but surgery and even if you do get results they will not be as dramatic as surgery. I have a theory that you tend to take better care of yourself when you lose your looks and then get them back via surgery. I have yet to find out but I assume there is a major appreciation factor. I know that I have been dreaming of a magical procedure that would restore my body skin to how it looked when I was a child (body resurfacing which as of yet is not very realistic due to the area) and I know if I could go back I would be like Madonna avoiding sunlight like a vampire. So my opinion is that if you have the money and down time go for a face lift. Today's face-lifts are no longer the wind tunnel look but rather readjust the underlying musculature and facial structures to closer resemble the youthful look lost. It also does not preclude you from redoing it in the future. I also would look into a thread lift if I were you. It is less invasive and can give the same result. Not to be graphic but the way it is done is by burring tunnels on either side of your neck behind the ears and snaking a "hooked" string down these. These hooks catch the underlying tissue, including muscles, and pull them up and reset them higher just as with a facelift. Over the next few months the strings dissolve and the tissue is tightened and adheres to the new position. There is no excess skin (which I do not get this part) and it is as effective as a facelift for early wrinkling such as sagging and nasolabials.

Quote Originally Posted by sunwater View Post
    I am new to this forum, I have been considering a ont stitch or complete mid face lift, are there any products out there that can really make a difference with sagging skin and nasal labial folds. Also I am try ing to sort through the maze of products for quality skin care, has ayone got comments on Cindy Crawfords beauty line
    Hi Sunwater,

I am a newbie here too, but I would definitely steer you away from any type of surgery which will only need repeating in 5 years. You don't say how old you are, but I can attest to the fact that facial exercises can and will help you regardless of your age. The nasal labial smoother exercise can reduce or eliminate that problem area of your face. In fact, it is one of the exercises that shows almost immediate improvement. I have been using Carole Maggio's Facercise program for over 10 years now, and it has literally kept my face looking ten years younger. I am 53 and have an 11-year old son. All of his classmates have guessed my age to be 10-12 years younger than my real age, and they think my son is lying when he tells them the truth! Carole is a fabulous person and even offers personal one-on-one training over the internet via SKYPE. Her program is easy to use and more importantly -- it works! I can't say enough good things about her, her facial exercise program or her skincare line & products. She sells a product called the facial beauty mitt (for "dry brushing&quot which works to exfoliate the skin of the face and in the process it firms and lifts the skin. She also sells one for the body, which works great! In combination with a healthy lifestyle, good eating habits, daily Facercise, and using her skincare line, you too can stave off the knife or worse yet - Botox!! You can find her on line and email her via her site. (Since I'm new, I can't post her URL here.) I believe other programs may also work, but I believe in her program because when I was in a deep depression over my aging face, I found her program and found hope! Once I began facercising, I never looked back or tried to find anything else. Carole is the real deal too .... she 63 years old and looks late 40's...early 50's at the most. As for Cindy Crawford's line -- I haven't tried it, but I gather its just another super models line that falls short of the mark. Carole Maggio is a professional aesthetician and formulates her products with the purest and most technologically advanced ingredients available. Best wishes, Aprile

Go for the surgery!! Lol, when my time comes I would do it. Who knows hopefully by then it won't be so bad. Hopefully, less down time.

And for the person who posted they are 53 and have an 11 year old........bless you!!! That is great!! I am 40 and have a 21 year old and 17 year old. I can't imagine having a 11 year old. So my hat is off to you!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Gymrat you stand with me on this one! I am very pro-surgery! At my rate I will be a 53 year old mother of an 11 year old too someday and I can tell you now I have every intention of looking as young as I can and being as fit as I can be! My hats off to the 53year old mother too--way to go!

I have always said at 60 I would have a face lift. I look at my mother now, at 61 or 62, and think I better get one at 55, LOL. My mother only uses Oil of Olay, and doesn't really take the time to care for her skin like I do. So, maybe I will still be ok at 60-
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Go for the surgery!! Lol, when my time comes I would do it. Who knows hopefully by then it won't be so bad. Hopefully, less down time.

And for the person who posted they are 53 and have an 11 year old........bless you!!! That is great!! I am 40 and have a 21 year old and 17 year old. I can't imagine having a 11 year old. So my hat is off to you!!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yes, I met my husband at 36 and believe it or not, he had to have a vasectomy reversal in order for us to have our son. You are a very young mom, having had your first child at just 19. These days, more & more women ARE waiting longer, or else it's just circumstances beyond their control (as in my case). Anyway, I keep myself young looking by exercise, eating right, using Carole's great skincare line, and facial exercises. I have a thin face, with not much underlying fat. The transformation I made in my own face was amazing and was accomplished in a relatively short period of time. While I understand that some people don't want to wait to see results, Facercise is something you can use your entire life without spending big bucks. I used the book to learn the exercises on my own, but eventually had a one-on-one with Carole Maggio in New York to perfect my routine. It was money well spent! In my opinion, unless you are an actress or singer with a career on the line, why go through the pain and suffering, not to mention the risk involved with surgery? The money spent for a full face lift or even a partial that needs to be repeated in 5 years time just doesn't make sense to me. Your face will continue to sag and age even though you've spent thousands. If you are even contemplating surgery down the line, check out her program to prevent the need for intervention. Everyone owes it to themselves to look the very best they can! It just makes all of us feel better to look as good as we feel! Aprile