Info - pH, Free Acid Value, Layering & Wait Times - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 First 5 6

Thread: Info - pH, Free Acid Value, Layering & Wait Times

Thanks..lamme,

Thanks for sharing this useful post .it is very informative about the PH. It helps to test the pH of that product with an Alkazone pH testing strip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have a question. So if water has a ph of 7, when we wash our faces, even if the cleanser we use is inside of the healthy skin ph range, we can actually still be altering the ph of our skin, isn't it? And really, water is used with pretty much every type of cleanser, no matter if it's foaming, lotion, cream, oil, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
    I think their point was that it can be irritating to skin, probably because the pH is 3.3, so it's acidic. My question would be Why are you using it in the first place? What benefits do you think it has for your skin?
    No It can be irritating because is Alkaline, not Acidic, because it has a very high PH it's very drying. Witch Hazel is an astringent for oily skin so it's alkaline. Glad to help!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cpretli View Post
    THanks
    Witch Hazel is an astringent and its supposed to remove excess oil from your skin. I do not recommend that. In the long run it will damage your skin and age you faster. Oily skin is good. Keep your skin acidic. Witch Hazel is an alkaline, anything drying to the skin means its alkaline. Make sure you use a good toner that is PH balanced instead of Witch Hazel.

Does PH help with aging of the skin?

Can anyone tell me the name of good moisturizers and face washes that have a proper PH for Human skin?

Can anyone recommend a good place/brand to buy PH testing strips. Forgot to include in my lotioncraft order.
    I have looked at Amazon but feel unsure which one to get as there are soooo many to choice from. :/

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good place/brand to buy PH testing strips. Forgot to include in my lotioncraft order.
    I have looked at Amazon but feel unsure which one to get as there are soooo many to choice from. :/
    If you want to purchase locally a health store may have them, as well as a pool, or fish supply store.

I use the paper strips whats important is the range. Get this ranges and you will be fine.......

pH-Fix 2.0 - 9.0
    Range: 2.0 - 2.5 - 3.0 -3.5 - 4.0 - 4.5 - 5.0 - 5.5 - 6.0 - 6.5 - 7.0 - 7.5 - 8.0 - 8.5 - 9.0
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    If you want to purchase locally a health store may have them, as well as a pool, or fish supply store.

I use the paper strips whats important is the range. Get this ranges and you will be fine.......

pH-Fix 2.0 - 9.0
    Range: 2.0 - 2.5 - 3.0 -3.5 - 4.0 - 4.5 - 5.0 - 5.5 - 6.0 - 6.5 - 7.0 - 7.5 - 8.0 - 8.5 - 9.0
    Prefect!!I was hoping I could use that type of ph strip!

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements