THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate - Page 136
Page 136 of 136 First 126 135 136

Thread: THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate

  1. #1351
    images.jpg Screenshot_2017-04-20-21-05-26.png what do you think of the ingredients of this sunscreen @gymrat

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #1352
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkoboy View Post
    images.jpg Screenshot_2017-04-20-21-05-26.png what do you think of the ingredients of this sunscreen @gymrat
    Hi @Bkoboy , well is says 99.99% white gold, whatever that means..........never in my life have I see that listed as an ingredient lol. Let me do some research and get back to you on this. I will see if I can find more info that this. Because if it contains 99% white gold, ............its not a sunblock
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  4. #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Hi @Bkoboy , well is says 99.99% white gold, whatever that means..........never in my life have I see that listed as an ingredient lol. Let me do some research and get back to you on this. I will see if I can find more info that this. Because if it contains 99% white gold, ............its not a sunblock
    Lol so true. Thank you.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #1354
    Hi @gymrat I need your take on this please. I have been loyal to burnout for the longest time but I'd like to try something different. What do you think of california baby?

    Active Ingredients: Titanium dioxide 9.6% (sunscreen).Inactive Ingredients: Purified water, alkyl benzoate (coconut/moisturizer), cyclomethicone (silicone/water repellent), *vegetable glycerin (coconut), dipolyhydroxystearate (coconut/works to emulsify), candelilla cera (candelilla plant wax/protects against moisture loss), tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), *squalane (olive oil/emollient), *cocos nucifera oil (coconut oil), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts), panthenol and allantoin (vitamin ...

    71wFhbonhIL._SY679_.jpg

  7. #1355
    njama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    34
    Shiseido sunscreen are very expensive yet i read good reviews. I might buy it after tax return
    Australia's sun is very powerful and harsh. Any aussie members can recommend very good sunscreen with no white cast and prevent depigmentation.
    I'm currently using invisible zinc facial moisturiser 30spf and body+hands i use invisible zinc 50+spf.

  8. #1356
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by FabSilhouette View Post
    Hi @gymrat I need your take on this please. I have been loyal to burnout for the longest time but I'd like to try something different. What do you think of california baby?

    Active Ingredients: Titanium dioxide 9.6% (sunscreen).Inactive Ingredients: Purified water, alkyl benzoate (coconut/moisturizer), cyclomethicone (silicone/water repellent), *vegetable glycerin (coconut), dipolyhydroxystearate (coconut/works to emulsify), candelilla cera (candelilla plant wax/protects against moisture loss), tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), *squalane (olive oil/emollient), *cocos nucifera oil (coconut oil), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts), panthenol and allantoin (vitamin ...

    71wFhbonhIL._SY679_.jpg
    @FabSilhouette I've never used California Baby, looks like they only have one version that contains zinc, and its a very small amount 5%. Not sure where you are located, but be careful if you are in a really warm climate.......this SS isn't going to hold up well. What other option do you have? Look for something with at least 10% zinc if you can.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  9. #1357
    Oh dear I bought it immediately after I posted that comment but didn't like it cos I think it develops a nasty smell after a couple hours.

    Anywhoo I'm in North America atm (Summer officially starts tomorrow!). I'm currently using a CVS brand (name is 50 Clear Zinc Sun Lotion Broad spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen). It is also 5% zinc. Can you give me a list of affordable good ss? Please? Something that won't leave me looking like a ghost.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •