THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate
Page 1 of 136 1 2 11 Last

Thread: THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate

THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate

I have come across 2 of the strongest sunscreens avaliable. . I would like to know which one of these is better? and if there is a better one that can prevent darkening of the skin. Ussually these are rated in PPD (Pigment Darkening UVA blocker) than SPF.

1. ANTHELIOS XL SPF 60 MEXORYL

2. SHISEDO SPF 55 PA+++

what do you guys think? also anthelios is a chemical sunscreen and Shisedo is physical. . or does it not matter?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hey

I'm not familiar with either of the two, but I always recommend physical sun protection (ie. sunblock as opposed to sunscreen). Despite being used interchangeably, sunscreens often have toxic chemicals and wash off leaving one unprotected.

So, I vote for the sunblock.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGirl View Post
    Hey

I'm not familiar with either of the two, but I always recommend physical sun protection (ie. sunblock as opposed to sunscreen). Despite being used interchangeably, sunscreens often have toxic chemicals and wash off leaving one unprotected.

So, I vote for the sunblock.
    I second that, again Devita, Purple Prairie, Shiseido, Pratima, and Marie Veronique are the ones I've heard so much about.
    There's Always Room For ImprovementHidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Anthelios is now at walgreens yes!!! my life is saved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown View Post
    Anthelios is now at walgreens yes!!! my life is saved!!!
    I will go to every Walgreen in town to find it.

yeah this just recently happened so be patient!

ok question! which of the Anthelios( or chemical) sunscreen would help prevent tanning the most? all of this jargon is sooo confusing. i have the Anthelios sx spf 15 with mexoryl (avobenzone 2%, Ecamule 2%, Octocrylene 10%) i also have the Anthelios 60( avobenzone 3%, homosalate 15%, octicalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%) i also have the Neutrogena healthy defense liquid moisterizer spf 50 with helioplex( 3% avobenzone, homosalate 4% octisalate 4% octocrylene 5%, oxbenzone 4%) thos ingredients all seem very similary, except la roche-posay charged me 3x as much

Loe purple praire botanicals doesnt leave a white cast and it has lots of zinc for uva and uvb protection. Its a great price per ounce to in my opinion. Im just so happy I found something that doesnt leave a white cast on my skin while Im lightening.

oh and Im a medium (dark in some areas) brown complexion so this is very impressive to find something non whitening.

I vote Devita!!
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

Shiseido SPF 60 PA ++++ is what I use on my face, neck, and chest every day. It is a bit expensive, but it is my all-time favorite sunscreen- it feels amazing. It has zinc oxide in it, so some people might get a white cast from it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements