Zinc Oxide/Physical Sunscreen List - Page 296

Thread: Zinc Oxide/Physical Sunscreen List

This one is new to the UK but has been great - good revies from the US amazon page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M6BVQAB

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    This one is new to the UK but has been great - good revies from the US amazon page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M6BVQAB
    These sunscreens are getting better and better. I bet the shipping into the US will be damaging lol

Hello It's so good as we learn everyday

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have tried the Neutrogena on my face yesterday. It was super hot and humid and the sunscreen didn't last.
    It actually melted down, felt oily. oh so weird. it was fine on my hands.

back to BurnOut Face & Body for the face............

Quote Originally Posted by chocosweet View Post
    I have tried the Neutrogena on my face yesterday. It was super hot and humid and the sunscreen didn't last.
    It actually melted down, felt oily. oh so weird. it was fine on my hands.

back to BurnOut Face & Body for the face............
    I always wanted to try burn out face and body. Where do you purchase yours from? and does it leave a white cast?

@Beautymark : hi dear, I purchase them from amazon, here is the url https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have light-medium skin tone. I do have white cast at first application. But it subsides after few mins. I always put bronzer as I like to look tan.
    I don't wear foundation, so my routine: sunscreen, loose powder all over the face, powder bronzer, powder blush, spray some setting spray.
    I like the Face & Body one as it totally dries to matte finish.

I tried their Kids and Ocean but those didn't seem to absorb on me, and remain tacky. Not sure if I got a bad batch or something.
    To be fair, I live on the equator so the hot temperature might destroy the sunscreen. Others seem to have good experience on Ocean version.

Not a physical ss, but I just purchased another chemical sunscreens, Cetaphil Daylong SPF30 and SPF50.
    SPF30: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_dcdf172035.html
    SPF50: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_3ef3175954.html

The SPF30 def leaves zero whitecast, and it's a liquid form like Bioderma photoderm max. Too bad it's only PA+++
    If anybody is interested, I recommend to get the SPF30 in SPRAY form (150ml), it is more economical rather than the tube SPF30 (30ml boo).

While the SPF50 one, being PA++++, it leaves whitecast and it is a thick cream texture.
    Both spf30 and spf50 spread easily but I like SPF30 better as it absorbs fast.

They don't leave matte finish but I feel it's bearable - just blot them off with tissue after 30mins.
    Then top up with Burnout Face & Body and I am good to go.
    Both the Daylong SPF30 and SPF50 don't contain avobenzone so if my memory serves me right, it's ok to layer with ZnO based.

I am waiting for sale to try out Heliocare.

Quote Originally Posted by chocosweet View Post
    Not a physical ss, but I just purchased another chemical sunscreens, Cetaphil Daylong SPF30 and SPF50.
    SPF30: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_dcdf172035.html
    SPF50: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_3ef3175954.html

The SPF30 def leaves zero whitecast, and it's a liquid form like Bioderma photoderm max. Too bad it's only PA+++
    If anybody is interested, I recommend to get the SPF30 in SPRAY form (150ml), it is more economical rather than the tube SPF30 (30ml boo).

While the SPF50 one, being PA++++, it leaves whitecast and it is a thick cream texture.
    Both spf30 and spf50 spread easily but I like SPF30 better as it absorbs fast.

They don't leave matte finish but I feel it's bearable - just blot them off with tissue after 30mins.
    Then top up with Burnout Face & Body and I am good to go.
    Both the Daylong SPF30 and SPF50 don't contain avobenzone so if my memory serves me right, it's ok to layer with ZnO based.

I am waiting for sale to try out Heliocare.
    Im medium brown skinned so that's why the cast is a major deal to me. I had no choice for the moment to get the N30 with the oil because the cast is less noticeable and I can rub it in easily. However Im still looking for something clear/matte and/or natural looking . with any white cast ss I would have to slightly camouflage it with non SPF light powder foundation. I like to bare face most of the time.

I've been looking for a spray for the body and 150ml is not bad. I get the feel I'm STILL not protected even though I would wear jeans and long sleeves. Since you are recommending this im going to try it out. Is it sold in the stores? Do you think since I'm being covered a chemical ss would be just fine?

and thank you for your wealth of knowledge!

@Beautymark you're most welcome.
    I too, have been really paranoid that I am not protected enough, that's why I layer a chemical sunscreen first then top up with a physical ss.
    Oh, I am now in acid bandwagon hence I feel the need to add good sunscreen.

In my area, there are great options for Chemical sunscreen. So far I have tried these:
    1. Bioderma Photoderm Max - I use its Spray version. It is labeled as Spray, but actually the spray still spurs out liquid product. I use this for heavy duty protection.
    One note, I don't think my neck agrees with this, as I felt itchiness at the end of the day. Also, I notice if the temperature rises, my skin will get redness - it's not painful or itchy or anything, it just gets red. Of course once I remove it, the skin looks fine. This one leaves zero whitecast at all, and I literally showered in it haha
    But it's not matte - I usually let it sit for 20min, and blot the oiliness away.

2. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL - this leaves white cast one me. It's oily too. Hence I use this for swimming only, where I don't care how I look really. Skin issue wise, this one doesn't make my skin red/itchy. So it's a plus. They have a normal bottle packaging, and aerosol-type-spray. I only recommend to get the aerosol spray for touch up as it's hard to measure how much we apply. The aerosol spray has fragrance though, I don't like fragrance in my products. The bottle one doesn't have fragrance.

3. RoC Soleil Protexion Sensitive version - used to like this. good for dry skin. I now have oily skin so it's a pass for me. and I think it's getting harder to get hold here. it does leave matte finish once absorbed. I find the white cast to subside after few mins. No fragrance.

4. La Roche Posay Derma Pediatric something, a ss dedicated for Kids - def leave white cast and oily, more than the Anthelios range. it's a thick cream. Good thing is, I find this is soothing on the skin.

5. Bioderma AKN Matt - I only tried the tester, I find this to be totally matte on me. But my friend didn't think so, so I guess it's a YMMV thing. I will commit full size if there's any sale, Bioderma products here are expensive.

6. Neutrogena Helioplex (tube) - protects well for daily usage, the whitecast subsides after a while, but it's oily for me.

7. Neutrogena Sport (aerosol Spray) - Only use on my body, it was OK. Again, I find that I can't measure how much I put on my skin due to the aerosol spray.

8. Loreal UV Expert (tube) - good for dry skin, they have a tinted version (altho I am not sure if the tint is good match for you). but it's not matte. They have an aerosol spray version but I have yet to try.

Physical SS:
    1. Babo Botanical (green tube) - too drying and the whitecast is prominent
    2. All Terain Sport - no white cast, it was good. my prob with this is it separates quite fast, I got the oil and cream separated, maybe I just got a bad batch.
    3. BurnOut KIDS and OCEAN version - both didn't really leave whitecast but they were oily on me. never seems to dry and remain tacky.
    4. Elemental Herbs Kids and Sports - both leaves whitecast, and drying on me.
    5. CotZ tinted version, the tinted one is matte but the % is low. plus the tint is too dark on me.
    6. CotZ Sensitive version - no whitecast but it's oily and remains tacky on me.
    7. Devita - no whitecast, but if I over-rub it, it will become like eraser dust, literally the ss become rubbed off.
    8. ThinkBaby - like the CotZ Sensitive, whitecast, moisturizing but sticky. never dries down.
    9. ThinkSport - it's tinted, the texture is fine, it dries but takes time.
    10. Neutrogena 21% ZnO - white cast is visible, my prob is the oiliness, never dries down and remains tacky.
    11. BurnOut Face & Body - my current ss for the face and neck.
    Last edited by chocosweet; 03-28-2017 at 05:26 AM.

I have to add disclaimer that i live in a very humid country. very humid - that most of make up and sunscreen melt down just like that, never stay put.
    we only have sunny and rainy season all year round.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements