Zinc Oxide/Physical Sunscreen List - Page 3

Thread: Zinc Oxide/Physical Sunscreen List

  1. #21
    I can't post links yet, but if you go to burnoutsun . com (without the spaces), you can find the sunscreens there.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    SCT Legend LightenNLift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,832
    oh LOL nevermind, I didnt notice that. DOH!

  4. #23
    SCT Legend LightenNLift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
    Here's one NOT to try (just in case anyone stumbles across it):

    Welcome to Think Baby Bottles

    Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 25%. Inactive Ingredients: Distilled buffered water, vegetable glycerine, whole leaf aloe vera (Barbadensis) gel, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Doucus Carota, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza sativa, oryzinol, Olea Uropaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, cetaeryl glucoside, phosphatidyl choline (not soy lecithin) Lactoperoxidase, Glucose oxidase, aribinogalactan, arginine, vitamin E (Tocophero), vitamin C (ascorbic acid) Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Beeswax, Boswellia carteri, Potassium sorbate, rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis), cornstarch (Zea Mays), Maranta Arundinacea Root, Carageenan (Chondus crispus).

    It's all natural , etc, and the ingredients sound great. However.......it goes on very white, is very difficult to spread, and remains extremely sticky forever (probably because the glycerin is too high in the list).
    yeah, what is it about glycerin that wrecks havoc on skin, I dislike that skincare ingredient

    Thanks sweetheart

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Banned fawnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,073

    Im testing this one now thanks to someone who was generous and gracious enuf to send me samples! Cute little bottle!


    ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 20% OTHER INGREDIENTS: OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Purified), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Jojoba Oil, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Sunflower Oil, Cucumber Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Tea-Oil Camellia, Pomegranate Oil, Red Algae Extract, Astaxanthin, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil,Citrus Reticulata Blanco (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Essential Oil, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide*, Ethylhexylglycerin* *Paraben-free anti-microbial agent.

    Goes on a bit white but disappears immediately with rubbing it in.
    Nice smooth consistency and quite emollient - not chalky or greasy.
    Beautiful matte finish on the skin and smells heavenly - like a Dreamsicle. Could be my new love with Zn @ 20%.
    I dont know what size particle they use tho (they say "non-nano"- good enuf).

    I like the mission of the company, and really really want for this one to be a winner

    "Suntegrity Skincare was made in memory of my mom and all of those who lost their lives to skin cancer. Using my momâ€s experience as a positive catalyst for change, I created a holistic, mineral sun care line to help people avoid skin cancer."
    Our Story

  7. #25
    SCT Legend LightenNLift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,832
    is it micronized or bulk sized regular particle?

  8. #26
    Banned fawnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,073
    Doesnt say. I would imagine micro since it goes on sheer after being rubbed in. It isnt the glowy, opaque look of MVO, which uses bulk particles.

  9. #27
    SCT Legend LightenNLift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post

    Im testing this one now thanks to someone who was generous and gracious enuf to send me samples! Cute little bottle!


    ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 20% OTHER INGREDIENTS: OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Purified), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Jojoba Oil, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Sunflower Oil, Cucumber Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Tea-Oil Camellia, Pomegranate Oil, Red Algae Extract, Astaxanthin, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil,Citrus Reticulata Blanco (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Essential Oil, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide*, Ethylhexylglycerin* *Paraben-free anti-microbial agent.

    Goes on a bit white but disappears immediately with rubbing it in.
    Nice smooth consistency and quite emollient - not chalky or greasy.
    Beautiful matte finish on the skin and smells heavenly - like a Dreamsicle. Could be my new love with Zn @ 20%.
    I dont know what size particle they use tho (they say "non-nano"- good enuf).

    I like the mission of the company, and really really want for this one to be a winner

    "Suntegrity Skincare was made in memory of my mom and all of those who lost their lives to skin cancer. Using my momâ€s experience as a positive catalyst for change, I created a holistic, mineral sun care line to help people avoid skin cancer."
    Our Story
    And Fawnie baby, werent you guys, especially Krystal giving me a hard time on Osmosis Shelter having citrus oils, but this one looks like it has a higher percentage of it, whats the deal ?

  10. #28
    Banned fawnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,073
    Im not sure what the % of oils is in here or if it matters.

    The real prob I had with Osmosis is that it doesnt spread well and leaves streaks, aside from the EOs. Not sure why they need to have them in there really either except as a natural preservative. Baby.

  11. #29
    SCT Legend LightenNLift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    Im not sure what the % of oils is in here or if it matters.

    The real prob I had with Osmosis is that it doesnt spread well and leaves streaks, aside from the EOs. Not sure why they need to have them in there really either except as a natural preservative. Baby.
    Probably a bad batch, but did you notice that there are other natural sunscreens that add citrus oils in the end of their list either in full or labeled as Essential Oils, why is that necessary? They have enough preservatives.

  12. #30
    Banned fawnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,073
    Quote Originally Posted by LightenNLift View Post
    Probably a bad batch, but did you notice that there are other natural sunscreens that add citrus oils in the end of their list either in full or labeled as Essential Oils, why is that necessary? They have enough preservatives.
    Not sure. Only the company could answer that I think.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •