Green Tea
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 Last

Thread: Green Tea

Green Tea

Is anyone here a green tea lover? If so, why?
    Health is beauty's best friend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vtoodler View Post
    Is anyone here a green tea lover? If so, why?
    Actual steeped tea -no. Never touch the stuff. Don't like the taste of tea or coffee.

But ...
    I am a fan of green tea dietary supplements. I take them twice a day, Morning and Afternoon to improve skin and keep up my metabolism.

I love green tea and was drinking several mugs a day for its antioxidant benefits. Then I moved onto white tea, because (they say) it is lower in caffeine and high in antioxidants. And then I moved onto "rooibos" - which is not a tea but an African bush ("red bush" it is caffeine-free and also a great source of antioxidants; it is also high in vitamins (C, E) and minerals (iron, zinc, potassium, calcium).

Right now I have some blueberry rooibos which is delicious. I was becoming concerned about my caffeine intake because (they say) you have to drink quite alot of these teas to get any real benefits. And in this colder weather, I like to have a mug in my hands to keep them warm!

wow, so green tea have a substantial amount of caffeine in them?

Quote Originally Posted by vtoodler View Post
    wow, so green tea have a substantial amount of caffeine in them?
    No - it didn't mean to give that impression. Green tea has some caffeine because it is tea, and white tea has even less. But I was drinking alot because I had read that to get any real benefit from it you need to drink quite a bit of it. I don't remember exactly the recommended amount, I'd have to re-google it, but I was doing maybe 6-8 cups a day. So it was important for me to find an alternative way to get the antioxidant benefits w/o all that caffeine.

6-8 cups a day? wow, that's a lot.

I drink about two-three cups everyday, which is probably the most I can take. I like to put two teaspoons of honey in it also.

Ginger is a nice addition to green tea. You can get the tea already flavored, or add dried ginger to it, or do what I do - get a ginger root from the vegetable section of your grocery store, shave off slivers, and add to your tea while it is steeping. Ginger root is often used as a remedy for sore throats - it has soothing qualities.

I'd drink tea if it didn't stain teeth.

Yeah - that's a problem. With my obsession for white teeth I should not drink it at all. Which is why I did pick up some green tea capsules last week at the store. Do you drink any warm beverages? I need a substitute for these long, cold winter days.

I'm not a fan of warm beverages. I can't say that I like any warm drink at all, except for this one drink that my mom makes which is oats, rice, milk, and sugar....MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Oddly enough, I can't drink ice cold protein shakes, taste gross to me.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements