Lactic or Salicylic Acid ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Lactic or Salicylic Acid ?

Lactic or Salicylic Acid ?

I have sensitive skin, which peel would be better acne?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

If your skin is oily then probably SA; if dry then LA.

Lactic is very mild, SA is very good for acne prone skin, regardless if you are oily or not. It can be drying, so just be careful. Mandelic is another peel to look at for acne prone skin.

Here is a Mandelic/Salicylic peel. Might be worth a try.
    Mandelic/Salicylic Peel: Home Chemical Peels Skin Care Acne Scars Wrinkles
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Also, be mindful of the % you use as well.
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

.....and the pH. Go for a pH of 2.0 - 3.0 if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Lactic is very mild, SA is very good for acne prone skin, regardless if you are oily or not. It can be drying, so just be careful. Mandelic is another peel to look at for acne prone skin.

Here is a Mandelic/Salicylic peel. Might be worth a try.
    Mandelic/Salicylic Peel: Home Chemical Peels Skin Care Acne Scars Wrinkles
    so is this the right % ?

Yes, it would be a great peel for most people.

I recommend SA peel until your acne has significantly improved, and then LA peel to clean up hyperpigmentation (if it's a problem).

I've been using Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel for about 5 weeks now, and not only has my acne nearly cleared up, but my skin is A LOT smoother.

For Lactic Acid options, I recommend checking out Makeup Artist's Choice.. a good site from which many users here order their peels.

If you have no experience with either SA or LA peels, I recommend starting off with 20% and 40%, respectively.

I completely agree with dragoon. I had similar experiences and SA cleared my acne very well. The one that I used was 2% at 1.9 pH for every night for my whole face and spot treating my nose and zits with 5% at 1.9 pH to remove those stubborn black heads on the sides of my nose. I also did weekly 10% LA at 1.9 pH and it helped me in clearing the PIH marks very well and gave a nice glow to my face.

After 6-8 weeks of everyday usage, I would suggest applying SA 2% (pH 1.9) thrice a week and LA peels once in a fortnight.

Cheers

Lactic acid creams are generally thick and heavy -- and perfect for very dry skin. They are generally used on the face, working to hydrate the skin while removing the dead cells. Since lactic acid can also stimulate collagen production, these creams may also help reduce finer wrinkles, thus making your face look younger. There are a wide variety of creams containing lactic acid to choose from.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements