Team Devita: !Are You On It!
Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 Last

Thread: Team Devita: !Are You On It!

Team Devita: !Are You On It!

WELCOME TO THE DEVITA THREAD

Disclaimer: Im neither a spokesperson, seller or affliated with the distribution of Devita...However I'm just a very pleased customer!!!!

Introduction:

As one pursues their journey to the lighter side of life, protecting one's skin from harmful UV rays should be very important and thus one should seek out sun protection (sun block, sunscreen). Its important to know that that sun protection falls into two categories: Physical and Chemical, both these types will be revised in this thread.

Background:

Sun Protection: When we hear the word sunscreen/sunblock we immediately think beach, tanning, summer, we typically use sun protection during the summer time but one must realize the importance of sun protection on a everyday basis. In this thread im going to be using the word sunblock and suncreen interchangeably and one one must not be confused on both words, because they are different.

Sunscreens: Are chemical agents that protect one's skin form UV rays by absorbing an reflecting these rays

Key ingredients: Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, PABA

Sunblocks: Are pysical or inorganic ingredients, when applied to the skin acts like a wall which blocks and scatters UV rays

Key ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Titanuim Dioxide

So in lehman terms A Sunscreen acts like a sponge and soaks up UV rays before they get to the surface and a sunblock acts like a wall and completely block rays

YOUR ABOUT TO ENTER A DOOR, THAT ONCE OPEN WILL NEVER BE CLOSED

Welcome To The Wonderful World of Devita

I began my journey to a lighter side of life in February of 2011, my complexion to begin with was a 'Tanned Thandie Newton'.Before becoming a member of SCT I was not an avid user of sun protection, but reading several threads on the importance of sun protection, I was enlighten and thus my search for 'The Perfect' Sun protection began.

After my research here on SCT on sun protection, I went out and bought my first sunscreen in two years, I purchased a chemical sunscreen, which I used daily. The consistency was quite greasy but absorbed into my skin without much effort, although the smell was your typical sunscreen odor, I got over it and it was my staple before I went out the doors in the mornings.

You can say I felt a sense of protection when I had on my 'chemical sunscreen' but something was amiss, I didnt know what but a thread here was to prove otherwise. After a month of wearing my chemical sunscreen I came across a thread talking about the diffrences and health issues between chemical and physical sun protection. With the talks of free radicals, flying around and other scares, I decided to do my own research on chemical sunscerreen. My research came back with very negative articles

I suddely had an ephiphany, that I need to dump my chemical suncreen and get a physical sunblock. I did exactly that, and with that said I hit the threads up and read through the popular physical sunblocks.

Burnout:

BurnOut was my 1st zinc oxide sunblock, I purchased it from Amazon and it arrived three days later. I was so excited when it arrived I could barely contain my excitement. The next morning was when I was gonna put this sunblock to the test. Keep in mind my complexion was a slightly dark Thandie Newton. I liberally applied the sunblock to my face, and to my dismay a white cast formed on my face, I tried rubbing in the sunblock but the more I rubed the more the white cast remained and wouldnt blend in. At this time I was running late for work and had to leave the house, I tried one last time to rub in the sunblock to blend into my skin, but looking back at me in the mirror was very chalked-faced reflection of myself. At this point I was fed up and left for work. At work my frustrations turned to humilation, I work as vet assiastant and see many clients.I got many comment regarding my face, be it either

'whats on your face' 'rub in your lotion' 'are you sick' 'why is your face white' 'you look weird'

By the end of the day, I was tired of explaing why my face was white. I decided I needed a new sunscreen and I need a new one now.

As you can see the white cast is very visible with the burnout sunblock

My search for 'The One' continued............................

Badger:

Badger was my second zinc oxide sunblock I purchased, I wont go into a long detail about it, but it was much worse than burnout, meaning the sunblock would not even rub in,it just literally sat on my face leaving a purpilish tint which was worse than the white cast burnout gave.

This time the cast was more evident and instead of a white csat it left a purpilish tint to my face...Ugh

My frustrations were now glazing the top of Mt.Everest and I needed closure. Back to the threads I went. We all know LightNLift right? Well anyway remember that big list of sunscreens/sunblock he listed in a thread, well I was browsing through and Devita kept popping up, I then fixed my attention to this Devita people were talking. The more I read the more a smile began to form, the reviews were wonderful and best of all no one complained about a white cast.

I decided to purchase Devita, when it arrived I was convinced this was 'The Oneâ€. Infact it was............

Devita is hands down and hands up the best sunblock I have ever used. Why? Because Devita is a all natural zinc oxide solar body lotion which contains 19% zinc oxide, which when applied blends in so smoothly, your left thinking if your actually putting on a sunblock.

So anway when I applied it to my face it was heaven, it was like applying butter to my face so creamy smooth, I was amazed how quickly it blended in. I even double-checked the bottle to see if got some other product. It was indeed "The One".

Yes people I AM WEARING sunblock, no tricks upm my sleeve.

Devita WILL NOT leave a WHITE CAST

TESTIMONIALS

I have complied a few testimonials from members here on SCT that have used Devita Solar Moisturizer."

Its the first zinc only SS that I tried that I really liked!"
    - Fawnie

"Devita by far is the best and affordable.before devita i used that god awful burn out and oil of olay and was utterly humilated when people would see me and snicker because i looked like the female version of krusty the clown. since devita people dont even believe me when i tell them im still wearing sunscreen. its such a great product". -mindwitch

"I decided to try Devita and yay my Devita sun protection has finally arrived. So thought id give a quick update. It goes on nicely NO white cast what so ever and its not too expensive, contains zinc oxide and ships to Uk. The search is finally over and I can feel a bit more ad ease in the sun" - pecan

"I like Devita Solar SPF 30 as it uses micronized zinc oxide, so your skin doesnt turn white (I use this for my face)." - valerie1017

"OMG I love this stuff! I put it on this AM for the first time and NO WHITE CAST! At 19% zinc oxide I was expecting a nightmare. Def a staple sunblock, it feels so moisturizing...I can't believe I waited so long to replace my stupid coppertone crap." - layla1985

Ladies and Gentlemen as I leave you today...I need to ask one question....

ARE YOU ON TEAM DEVITA?
    I'm On A Journey To The Lighter Side Of Life http://www.skincaretalk.com/images/s...s/sunshine.gif
    Beware, Be Careful, Be Safe, Be Light

Great...You convinced me to try it.

Nice workup jerms! Devita has a great formula that really feels and looks like a light moisturizer that protects from UV rays. Suitable for all skin types and tones imo. Its the very first zinc sunscreen that I ever tried and I liked it right away too, just like you did jerms.

Also, the spf30 Body Block is 7 oz for $19USD. Cant beat that! Same 19% zinc oxide in a little bit more emollient base. Ive used it on my face and it didnt cause le zits for me. Wasnt greasy. Worth it if you use SS like I do!

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 19% Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis* (aloe vera gel), water (purified), camellia sinensis (japanese green tea) leaf extract, capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), glycerin (vegetable), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), olea europaea (olive) oil, lecithin phospholipid, hyaluronic acid (vegan source), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, squalane (olive), panthenol (vitamin b5), tocopherol (vitamin E), NaPCA, rosa moschata (rose hips) oil, retinol (vitamin A), centella asiatica (goto kola), copper gluconate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, fucus vesiculosis (seaweed) extract, allantoin, sodium riboflavin phosphate, chondrus crispus (Irish moss), lavandula officinalis (lavender) essential oil, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower essential oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract. ingredient labeling adheres to international INCI standards.

Devita Solar Body Block 30 with Shea Block -- 7 fl oz - Vitacost

Its easy to obtain online and VitaCost ships internationally too!

Its not waterproof nor is it sweatproof, so you need to reapply it every 2 hours while outside or after swimming and/or sweating to keep up protection - the zinc particles will be washed off in the water or sweat and its not a thick heavy sport formula. Can be worn under makeup.

So well put together, I need a natural sun protectant bc I'm using chemical sunscreen now, and I know its no good. I might join team devita. Thanks for the pics they are really helpful.
    God is Love

Buy DeVita - Natural Skin Care Solar Protective Moisturizer 30 SPF - 2.5 oz. at LuckyVitamin.com

LuckyVitamin has the 2.5oz tube of the facial sunscreen. Do not buy the one in the jar - its nasty to put your fingers in a jar of a product that has no preservatives! I dont know why Devita makes that one even.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    Nice workup jerms! Devita has a great formula that really feels and looks like a light moisturizer that protects from UV rays. Suitable for all skin types and tones imo. Its the very first zinc sunscreen that I ever tried and I liked it right away too, just like you did jerms.

Also, the spf30 Body Block is 7 oz for $19USD. Cant beat that! Same 19% zinc oxide in a little bit more emollient base. Ive used it on my face and it didnt cause le zits for me. Wasnt greasy. Worth it if you use SS like I do!

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 19% Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis* (aloe vera gel), water (purified), camellia sinensis (japanese green tea) leaf extract, capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), glycerin (vegetable), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), olea europaea (olive) oil, lecithin phospholipid, hyaluronic acid (vegan source), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, squalane (olive), panthenol (vitamin b5), tocopherol (vitamin E), NaPCA, rosa moschata (rose hips) oil, retinol (vitamin A), centella asiatica (goto kola), copper gluconate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, fucus vesiculosis (seaweed) extract, allantoin, sodium riboflavin phosphate, chondrus crispus (Irish moss), lavandula officinalis (lavender) essential oil, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower essential oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract. ingredient labeling adheres to international INCI standards.

Devita Solar Body Block 30 with Shea Block -- 7 fl oz - Vitacost

Its easy to obtain online and VitaCost ships internationally too!

Its not waterproof nor is it sweatproof, so you need to reapply it every 2 hours while outside or after swimming and/or sweating to keep up protection - the zinc particles will be washed off in the water or sweat and its not a thick heavy sport formula. Can be worn under makeup.
    Thanks for the added info Fawnster...my thread was getting too long thanks .

these articles might be helpful guys:
    Chemical Sunscreens - When Are We Safe?

The dark side of chemical sunscreens. Should you be concerned about photosensitization?
    I'm On A Journey To The Lighter Side Of Life http://www.skincaretalk.com/images/s...s/sunshine.gif
    Beware, Be Careful, Be Safe, Be Light

DeVita Natural Skin Care Systems: Topical Secrets Revealed

The Devita website has a lot of good info too about UV exposure and how to deal with it. They make other products too like body creams and eye products and tattoo protectors.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your story hun! I'm sold now

Btw I didn't know you were a guy haha. I like your hair it kind of reminds me of Corbin Bleu!

Thanks soooo much ...

may have to try it Devita!