Helping newbies make a start. - Page 2

Thread: Helping newbies make a start.

Also Kojie San anti-aging or lightening soaps (lightening is stronger) are good for exfoliating. People have had success with them.

How to use Kojie San soap 'English1'
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...-san-soap.html

Soap reviews thread 'Mzhotbess'
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...p-reviews.html

Nadinola users

Nadinola 'layla1985'
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...a-stories.html

Nadinola 'Bcgirl'
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lightening/24794-nadinola.html
    The hole you dig for me will be the one you fall in yourself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thank You so much proudchoc, for taking the time and effort to write this

Aw love it's no problem... trust me it's nothing compared to what a lot of other SCT users have contributed. After all, I learned from them!
    Beautiful long afro hair + healthy even skin = Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for this

Can you use vit c supplements instead of the vitamin c serum ?? This sounds like such a stupid question

^^ you can but for best results use both. Vit c supplements are great antioxidants which can only mean good things for your skin and health in general, but topical vit c gives an almost instant glow to your complexion and has also shown the ability to increase collagen and elastin ( a necessity for those who lighten & exfoliate).

Take a peek at these:
    Vitamin C cream. DermNet NZ
    Topically applied vitamin C increases the density of dermal papillae in aged human skin

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Can you use vit c supplements instead of the vitamin c serum ?? This sounds like such a stupid question
    Also, I wanted to share that I am an avid vitamin taker. I recommend the Nature's Sunshine brand. They are vegetarian, Kosher, and produce great results. I also use Lumene's Vitamin C serums and creams for daytime and they are amazing. There is a great Vit. C serum recipe on the DIY forum. HTH.
    --
    XOXO,

AKO Hidden Content

Hey guys
    I really need to know a good brand Vitamin C Serum (would MUAC's be good?)
    and a good Sunscreen, I'm thinking of Badger
    also I need to know where to get a LA Lotion?
    please help

ah and I have a perma tan on my hands, I'm quite unsure if I should use 40% LA on them, if they would work or not, cause its pretty deep, should I get 65% too ?
    so use 40% on my face, and 65% on my hands =/ ? I never used peels btw, only a bit of RA.

Quote Originally Posted by nanachi View Post
    Hey guys
    I really need to know a good brand Vitamin C Serum (would MUAC's be good?)
    and a good Sunscreen, I'm thinking of Badger
    also I need to know where to get a LA Lotion?
    please help

ah and I have a perma tan on my hands, I'm quite unsure if I should use 40% LA on them, if they would work or not, cause its pretty deep, should I get 65% too ?
    so use 40% on my face, and 65% on my hands =/ ? I never used peels btw, only a bit of RA.
    I haven't personally used a ready-made Vit C serum.. I make my own. It's pretty easy to do and cheaper in the long run. You can buy L-Ascorbic powder online or in a shop of you find a place, and mix it with distilled water and glycerin (and any other nice ingredient you'd like to use)- check the DIY threads for recipe ideas and formulation percentages.

LA lotion can also be DIYed using an LA peel and a lightweight lotion. Your best bet (for peels and DIY LA lotion) is to buy a high strength LA peel online (from lotioncrafters and places like that) and mix it yourself. Again the DIY section will have all the info on how much to use depending on the strength of LA lotion you want. For peels, you would need to mix the LA peel solution with distilled water, so for example, if you have an 88% LA peel you can mix it 50/50 with distilled water to make a 44% solution.

Please start low in both cases because you really do not want to push your skin too far, too fast- Lactic Acid though mild is still an acid and can still cause burns and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. PIH is one of the most difficult things to get rid of and can be unsightly.

Good luck!

Sorry forgot to add as well, I just bought some Badger sunblock and it's good but it does leave a white cast. What I do to combat that is use my left over invisible spray on sunscreen (obviously a chemical one) on top and rub it in. Chemical sunscreens are not that great but at least the zinc oxide provides adequate protection underneath it.

Oh and with regards to your peels.. you can do peels once a week for 6 weeks then take a 2 week break. Make sure not to use your LA lotion or any other type of AHA lotion for 24 hours before and after a peel, and like I said before start low with peels to get an idea of what will work for you. I know 44% sounds too low for your hands but at least after the 6 weeks you'll know how high you'll need the percentage to be. That's much better than starting with 65% and burning the crap out of your hands.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements