Why I Don't Prescribe Retinoids... Dr schultz

Thread: Why I Don't Prescribe Retinoids... Dr schultz

Why I Don't Prescribe Retinoids... Dr schultz

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Of course he wouldnt rec Retin-A! He cant charge for the In Office Glycolic Products he gouges his clients for if he prescribed Retin-A which is generic and can be had for $4 per tube online!

Anyone with access to the internet can find out the Right Way to Use Retinoids and avoid the side effects he is talking about. I wonder if he even knows the right way to use them?

Use Retinoids the Right Way | Skinacea.com

Oh gosh.........just reading this thread title made my skin crawl-
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

IKR! Flashbacks of bygone days!
    He looks like he could use some Retin-A himself, or some glycolics or SOMETHING!! I wouldnt listen to a Doc whose skin looks so craggy and uneven toned, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    IKR! Flashbacks of bygone days!
    He looks like he could use some Retin-A himself, or some glycolics or SOMETHING!! I wouldnt listen to a Doc whose skin looks so craggy and uneven toned, would you?
    Heck NO I wouldn't!! I choose my Drs the same way I choose my hair stylist. If my stylist had horrible looking hair, I wouldn't even consider her........that goes with most services you have to pay for. I wouldn't go to a manicurist who had stubby nails, nor a personal trainer who was out of shape............get my drift-

How 'bout a cardiologist who sat in his office and smoked? Believe me when I say Ive seen it all! Some of the best hairstylists Ive known have been bald tho.. for some odd reason. I guess they liked playing with everyone elses hair since they had none of their own.. OT I know but this thread is not going anywhere positive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    OT I know but this thread is not going anywhere positive anyway.
    LMAO!!! You can say that again-

True some of the best stylist I know are bald as well. Great hygiene is how I see it. Clean and sleek, I won't complain.

I don't think there was anything we haven't heard before there. Some people do get reactions to Retin-A (I am not one). He should have advised those with severe reactions not to stop but to cut down usage to two or three times a week - and then he didn't discuss the various strengths of Retin-A either - that can make a difference.

However, IMO, I don't think Retin-A should be regarded as an exfoliator. Peeling and flaking should stop once the skin is aclimatised. So I believe he's incorrect in comparing Retin-A and Glycolic Acid in the first place.

I have used GA peels+creams, now i'm using RA gel 0.1%, i started with RA cream 0.05% and my skin is fine no itching, flacking, soreness etc...i keep my skin moisturised all day long and it's working great. Next it's going to be AM: vit. C serum+ aha lotion and PM: RA gel
    I want to have a glowing and even complexion, not high yellow just golden and healthyHidden Content

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements