Skin Care Talk banner

Retin a. help me

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Tracis11 
#1 ·
I have been trying to lighten for a year now. My eyes are extremely dark due to allergies and me rubbing them. I stopped rubbing them and now they are super dark! I have been using ambi for a few months and there are n results. I was wondering if you could use retin a on t=your eyelids to get rid of the darkness. i also have darkness on my temples and around my mouth, i want to know if I could use it on my whole face.
Could someone please reply

#2 ·
Yeah you can... but you need to be extra careful with it, and use the lowest percentage available (0.025% or 0.01% if available to you... don't mix between 0.1%, that's too strong) Read this post before doing anything... http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/use-retinoids-right-part-one.html you'll need to be extra gentle with your eyes and around the lips... if you irritate both areas, they'll turn even darker... Note: RA does NOT lighten! I'm only answering your question whether it can be used around the eyes or not... yes for anti-ageing It can make that area thicker, and then appear lighter... but it will require something like 6 months of constant use before your skin thickens... I do recommend it from that aspect... What is causing your dark circles? Thin skin? Or hyperpigmented area? Use vitaminC to lighten it in the morning along with RA in the evening ... you might also want to use a product with VitK

#3 ·
I have the same issue coupled with allergies and heredity.

I use RA with Se Quisso, I apply the RA 0.1% every 5 days or whenever the peeling stops. But I use the cream AM & PM.

I hate that lightener is so pricey but if used for the dark circles only then you can stretch the Se Quisso out for 3 months if refrigerated. I used to get questions like "What's wrong? Are you sick?" I can honestly go without under eye makeup without the comments anymore even though they're not completely gone. Now I can go without heavy concealer, just a bit of mineral powder under the eye does the job.

They used to look like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=...bnh=161&tbnw=139&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:117

but now look more like this:
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...&tbnw=215&start=44&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:44

#7 ·
Yes, I mix the RA + cream in my palm then evenly distribute the combo over eyelids, upper and lower:

I apply from below the eyebrows to the upper eyelashes, then from lower lash to the bottom of the circle. Then encircle the entire orbital area.

There are past threads about F&F's products causing pimples, high prices, rude customer service or formula consistency but for the eyes it's been working great for 1 yr now. When I got desperate during a setback I did uses it on my face for about a month and certainly saw lightening but got 2 overly large pimples so I wouldn't recommend it for the face for long term.

Ingredients:

Pure aloe vera extract
Acetyl hexapeptide-8
Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3
Glycerin
Butylene glycol
Carbomer
Polysorbate 20
Glyceryl stearate
Cetearyl alcohol
Sodium stearoyl laactylate
Glucosamine HCI
Algae extract
Yeast extract
Urea
Saccharomyces/xylinum black tea ferment
Hydoxyethylcellulose
Cyclopentasiloxane
Hydrolyzed lupine protein
Artemisia princeps leaf extract
Triisononanoin
Ethylene/acrylic acid
Copolymer
Dimethicone
Hydrolyzed hibiscus esculentus extract
Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (vitamin C)
Tocopheryl acetate ( vitamin E )
Mangifera indica (mango)seed butter
Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)
Santalum album (sandlewood extract) wood extract
Phellodendron amurense bark extract
Hordeum distichon (barley) extract
Lactic acid
Camelia sinensis leaf extract
Ginkogo biloba leaf extract
Sepicalm VG
Squalane
Sepiwhite Msh
Fragrance of essential oils
Sepitonic M3
Xanthum gum
Stearyl glycrrhetinate
Dexatrin
Isohexadecane
Cetyl alcohol
Dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer
Tetrasodium EDTA
Phenoxyethanol

100% water free, 100% preservative free, must refrigerate

#8 ·
with the FNF range I find their just really heavy creams your bound to break out if you plaster this stuff on your skin, I wont Lie I've had the odd pimple here and there but with the help of RA they zap the very next day... they dont lie when they say alittle goes a Long way.

#10 ·
@Tracis 11

Sure, anytime.

RA 0.1% is strong, you can buffer it with Carotein so it doesn't peel you too much. You can also get the weaker concentrations The first time I foolishly slathered it on 2 days in a row by itself. Well my friend, I peeled like there was no tomorrow and my skin was nearly white! ....Then the peeling wouldn't stop, and wouldn't stop and wouldn't ( you get the message).

The first few days were great, because I had virgin skin but when I wouldn't stop peeling I ended battling the overly peeled spots which became dark ugly blemishes I had to cover them concealer and the face was just not ready for makeup yet. I had a week downtime.

After that initial peel my skin never peeled like that again but I also never used it alone again though either, always with a lightener or Carotein.

I bought mine from All Day Chemist like most people on here. I bought in bulk since it's less than $4 a tube, and it goes a long way. It's been almost a year and I've only finished 3 tubes. I've had these panda eyes since 4th grade so I feel your struggle. This could work for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.