Page 1 of 10 1 2 Last

Thread: Subcutaneous Aging

Subcutaneous Aging

This is probably the least discussed topic when it comes to skin aging, I think that subcutaneous aging is the #1 giveaway of any person real age, regardless of how much they take good care of their skin.

We've all seen young people with heavily wrinkled and sun damaged skin, yet, somehow we were still able to tell age group they belong to, the same can be said about older people with clear wrinkle-free skin, those folks still looked their age regardless of how perfect their skin condition is.

I've been looking for clues for months on how does subcutaneous aging form and how to prevent it, but found little to no information, does anyone here know what does specially trigger the fatty skin layer aging? is it oxidation, or is there something else? and if it was oxidation, do fat-soluble anti-oxidants prevent or slow down the aging process of that layer?

Of course, there is also the bone loss issue, but this usually occurs in much more advanced age than -say- 30 years old.

OMG youre killing me! " ... much more advanced age - say 30" .. Here is an article I was reading that asks and addresses some of those questions, rockit, altho it seems to be skewed toward Perricone: http://www.expert-anti-aging-advice.com/anti-aging-skin-care.html

lol, no no fawnz, you got it wrong, I said more advanced age THAN 30, 30 is still very young

great link btw, finally, this is the first time I read about "convexities", finally someone who discussed this particular subject, seriously, no body acknowledge it's presence, it's there, but nobody talks about it much.

*hits google for research*

LOL. Thank you for clarifying! Time for here I think! And visions of Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane dance in my head!

Good night bb, thanks for the link again

Good observation. Very true you can still tell what age group they belong to. Looking forward to ideas......

Yeah great site, lots of awesome info there, but they are pushing products in each of the sections. Should one give those a try (like their *special uber good* acai berry) or is just buying acai berries in my local food store okay? Its just a bit too conveniet to say - WE have the best berries and take lots of money for it, while there is no way to prove it...
    I am Lady Voldemort

There is a way to prove it http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/ORAC/ORAC_R2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Violett View Post
    Yeah great site, lots of awesome info there, but they are pushing products in each of the sections. Should one give those a try (like their *special uber good* acai berry) or is just buying acai berries in my local food store okay? Its just a bit too conveniet to say - WE have the best berries and take lots of money for it, while there is no way to prove it...

"In the year of our Lord 1903, in the meat packing plants off the shores of the sea, Stood a young man at his slaughter post a newby by his side, He said grind it up and ship it out doesn't matter what's inside, With poison bread to kill the rats, an effective tool of trade ..." Flatfoot 56

I've been doing the FlexEffect programme for a bit over a month now (on Fawnie's strong recommendation) and it's done great things for my loss of facial volume. The outer layers of my skin were in pretty good shape, but I was less impressed by the sag. Since I've been doing FlexEffect (which also addresses loss of bone density) I feel like I'm getting my old face back

Of course, diet plays a big part in this process too - avoiding refined sugars and carbs which accelerate that loss of facial volume is important.

Thankyou Fawnie!

Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    http://www.expert-anti-aging-advice.com/anti-aging-skin-care.html
    Perricone sell sheets? distributed by fawnie??? indeed!