Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: How do I make cream with COQ10 and Alpha-lipoic Acid from GOW

How do I make cream with COQ10 and Alpha-lipoic Acid from GOW

Hello skin care friends. Can someone please tell me how to mix the COQ10 powder and Alpha-lipoic Acid, can i mix it in a cream like cerave or should i make a serum and how much do i use in tbsp or oz, and can i put it on after my DIY C serum in the morning. I use .5% retinA every other night or is it ok to use at night with retin A. thanks for all and any advice.

oh is anyone taking COQ10 and or ALA internally if so what is your outcome so far. Thanks.

Banned
    http://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2011...q10-serum.html

Sub out the tetra C and make the appropriate adjustments.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

Thank you so much Dragon i am going to make this tonight when i get home from work. Yipppeee!!!

One other DIY tip, is to use scales for all measurements. Not tsps, for example.
    Theresa - 47 years beautiful

ALA is a fantastic active. I've been using it myself for a month now and I'm loving the results.

However, it is an unstable active and will cause shedding and possibly irritation on your skin. I've been using it at 5% and initially it used to sting for about 15 seconds when I first applied it, then it would tingle for about 2 minutes. Now my skin is used to it I just get a tingle. Also, it caused my skin to shed, but the flakes were really easy to deal with. They would come off by just washing my face, and never caused me any problems with makeup application.

I love the results. My skin has a much finer texture now, and it's helped with getting rid of some very faint acne scarring and sun spots. I'm definitely going to keep using it!

Oh, and keep it in the fridge to maximise its longevity

Hi ladies, do you think it would be ok to make a 'stock' say of 4% alpha lipoic with oil of choice, 95% grapeseed or whatever and 1% Vit E and keep in fridge so you could add to serums, creams etc at percentages up to 5%?Also could you do the same with COQ10 but at 7.5% q10 with Vit E acetate at 10% and the rest oils? They sell 7.5% q10 with 10% Vit E acetate at lotioncrafters amongst others,I think this may be more cost effective especially if you have the powdered actives. Idebenone could be used at 0.5-1% in 98% oils and Vit E. just a thought. Mabye someone will chime in with their thoughts!

Hi MicheleM!

I've been using ALA for a few months now and find it quite an unstable active to work with, but very effective indeed. I make up my 5% ALA moisturiser in 30 ml batches and keep it in the fridge to maximise freshness. The CoQ10 would have better longevity I think, but a good rule of thumb is to keep actives as fresh as possible

Hi Dempeaux, thanks so much for that advice! I think I'll do as you suggest and just add it when formulating rather than keep the stock. I've never tried 5%, 3% is as high as I have ventured so far, your skin looks amazing so I'm going for it! I'll also try the COQ10 stock and see how it goes! What about Idbenone, do you think that would remain stable in solution kept in fridge? All these actives and so little time!

Oh thankyou MicheleM! I use Dragon's recipe for making a basic moisturiser:

http://skinessentialactives.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/base-lotion-creme.html

and I just sub out 5% oils and replace with 5% ALA. Super easy to make. I really love ALA for smoothing the texture of my skin. I wouldn't be without it now

Idebenone is very similar to CoQ10, so they should be quite similar in terms of stability, but I've never really tested that theory out

Yes, so many actives and so little time! ;P