LA or GA ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: LA or GA ?

LA or GA ?

If I have to choose between LA and GA (lotion or peel), which one would be the best ?

It depends on your skin.... for dry skin, or thin skin, I'd opt for LA as it hydrates... for normal to oily and thick skin, I'd opt for GA for very oily or sweaty skin I'd opt for SA... (Some people think they have thick skin, but isn't necessarily the case, one needs to really understand their skin before they can make such assumption) Lighteners should always opt for the lotion.. it offers better coverage and evenness... with peels you can skip an area without realising, and you'll need to wait for a week to correct it! unlike lotions,,, today you missed an area, you can cover up the next day....... (= even results)

Which is better for lightening/evening out of the skin GA or La ?

Quote:Originally Posted by soNatural

It depends on your skin.... for dry skin, or thin skin, I'd opt for LA as it hydrates...
    for normal to oily and thick skin, I'd opt for GA
    for very oily or sweaty skin I'd opt for SA...
    (Some people think they have thick skin, but isn't necessarily the case, one needs to really understand their skin before they can make such assumption)
    Lighteners should always opt for the lotion.. it offers better coverage and evenness...
    with peels you can skip an area without realising, and you'll need to wait for a week to correct it! unlike lotions,,, today you missed an area, you can cover up the next day....... (= even results)

Does that mean if I have a dry skin, I shouldn't use Glytone ?

I don't know what glytone contains.... never used it.... which acids does it have? I read it has 17% GA.... but no idea how true...... IF true, GA tries out my skin (which is something I like because I have oily skin)... but for dry skin, it is likely to make it more..... HOWEVER, if you aren't having issues with it, just continue to use it. If you already have it at home, also finish it off... I answered thinking you are still considering to buy an acid and make your mixture....

soNat, it's 17.5% free acid value on top of that. So it's a real bomb. I ordered it but will try 20% diy LA lotion first. Lachydrin 12% didn't do much for me. Well, my skin feels smooth after I apply it but nothing more than that. Need an upgrade !

How would you use LA lotion if your already using RA? In the mornings?

LA lotion. To use LA and RA you can start out using mild strengths on different days of the week. Once you know how your skin reacts you can up the strength or usage

Quote Originally Posted by picture View Post
    How would you use LA lotion if your already using RA? In the mornings?
    Yes, you use LA lotion in the morning and RA at night...

Does anybody know which acid is the most effective at evening out and lightening the skin .. GA or LA ?