Dr Oz: Fake a Facelift with Phytoceramides

Thread: Dr Oz: Fake a Facelift with Phytoceramides

yea yea yea I have been watching Doctor Oz again LOL, so has anyone used Phytoceramides to reverse aging skin, Dr. oz suggest taking it in pill form, how can i make my own cream if possible. Thanks.

By Cathy Herard on November 1, 2012

EmailShare
    • digg

Dr Oz: Fake a Facelift

Dr. Oz is continued his conversation with Plastic Surgeons Dr. Leif Rogers and Dr. Shirley Madhere about How you can Drop a Decade with Secrets to Cheat your Age. Dr. Madhere and Dr. Rogers agree that Vitamin C is the key to reviving your skin and making you look 10 years younger with products such as Power Facial Cleansers. Did you know that even eating things like Pineapple & Tomato Paste can change the way your skin looks? Now they are ready to reveal another beauty secret, one that I’m sure many people will want to hear, How You can Fake a Facelift.
    Dr Oz: Phytoceramides Repair Damaged Skin

Doctor Oz says the secret to Faking a Facelift is in a tiny little pill called Phytoceramides and he is asking the experts to explain what makes them so special. Ceramides are something that is naturally occurring in our skin, but we lose it as we age, just like Vitamin C, causing us to lose the plumpy youthfulness in our skin. Dr. Rogers explains that ceramides have been around and in topical solutions for many years, with oral products available in Asia for a long time.
    He says that just recently the FDA has approved a plant based version, called PhytoCeramides. They are derived from plants and can put the ceramides back into our skin, reducing the signs of aging. PhytoCeramides can be taken as a pill and they work to restore the protective skin barrier that we lose as we age, essentially hydrating our skin from the inside out by virtually sticking our skin cells back together so they can hold in the moisture and bring back the youthful plumpness to our skin.
    Dr Oz: Phytoceramides Vs Facelift

Dr. Leif Rogers and Dr. Shirley Madhere say you can Fake A Facelift by taking phytoceramides.

Dr. Leif Rogers explains that you can see skin-smoothing results from taking phytoceramides orally within 4 weeks. He says it takes a little time because they literally have to get into the cells, build new collagen, and repair the damaged skin. Unfortunately, it isn’t a magic pill, so you just have to have patience in order to see results. Dr. Oz adds that waiting 4 weeks to see results is still better than going under a surgeon’s scalpel, with Dr. Shirley Madhere agreeing completely.
    Dr Oz: Plant Derived Ceramides Cost

Dr. Madhere says the ideal dose is 350 mg Phytoceramides, which is one pill a day. She says the cost is about $10 for a 30-day supply, making it very economical. She is careful to add that when looking for a product, be certain that the label says plant derived ceramides.
    Dr Oz: Phytoceramides Gluten Allergy Caution

While phytoceramides are safe for most anyone to use, Dr. Rogers cautions that those with a gluten sensitivity or wheat allergy should be careful because they are derived from wheat, rice, and sweet potato sources. He says to look for one specifically derived from rice or sweet potatoes and you will be fine.
    Dr Oz: Phytoceramides FDA Approved

Phytoceramides were recently approved by the FDA, so they generally appear to be safe for most people, according to Dr. Shirley Madhere. She also says they work very well with Vitamin C, so taking an oral phytoceramide with a topical Vitamin C would be most beneficial because topical Vitamin C is more effective than the oral version.
    Where To Buy Dr Oz Phytoceramides?

Dr Oz no longer mentions particular brand names on his show, which can make it hard to find the products he has been talking about. DrOzFans.com editors have finally found a brand of the pills online: Life Extension Restoring Ceramides are a wheat-based ceramide product

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I skimmed through the Dr Oz thread you linked and someone posted a very expensive face cream on Amazon. Then someone else posted a link to the pills by LEF (pretty respectable company), but they were out on Amazon. But in one of the ratings, a lady said she'd taken the pills for 5 months and saw just a little improvement. But when she used a face cream with the ceramides, she saw a bigger improvement.

Surfing around in Amazon, I found CeraVe & Elizabeth Arden had the most ceramides results. I'm going to try the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, as it's not as expensive: "With unique patented multivesicular emulsion delivery technology to control the release of ceramides" - it got 4.5 stars from 128 voters.
    http://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Moisturizing-Cream-16-oz/dp/B000Q2RP7I/

The Elizabeth Arden products with ceramides on Amazon get between 4-5 stars, but not from as many voters, probably because they're about twice as expensive as the CeraVe.

Or SkinActives sells ceramides: http://www.skinactives.com/Ceramides.html

"Many products provide Ceramides but at very low concentration because of the high price of ceramides. You can use this active to provide your skin with significant amounts of Ceramides that will make a difference to your skin. Ceramides are a family of lipid molecules; a ceramide is composed of sphingosine and a fatty acid."

"Ceramides are found in high concentrations within the cell membrane of cells, but they have more than a structural role. They are signaling molecules involved in the regulation of cellular differentiation, proliferation, and apoptosis."

"The skin acts as a protector against water loss and physical, chemical and biological attack. To perform its protective task, the skin must have a resistant barrier. This barrier is provided by the 'horny layer' stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the epidermis. The stratum corneum consists of anuclear flattened cells, the corneocytes, imbedded in a lipid mixture consisting mainly of a lamellar structure of ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acid. An insufficient formation or loss of skin lipids can result in an increased water loss and increased penetration of harmful compounds from the environment, both of which often cause skin dryness and skin sensitivity. Ceramide inhibits cancer cell growth."

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yes I use the Cerave cream as my base cream when i make the DIY C cream.

Hi there, care to share your recipe? Thanks...

Also, I'm wondering about making a vitamin D3 cream for my autistic son...would this make a good base?

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements