Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#34,321 ·
hi ...i have been lightening on and off with little success. reasons why i didn't lighten:
1. not using products long enough.
2. not consistent
3. not patient

i have deviced a new regime that i am gonna follow for the next 3-4 months. please tell me if it is good:

AM:
Face: Wash with kojie san soap ( scrub 3x a week)
apply piona+fair & white+makari+evertone+ caro light (angel)
apply spf 100
Body: Bathe with kojie san soap ( dead sea salt soap 2x a week)
apply caro light+ labidjanaise lotion

Evening: Apply home made mask of goat's milk+rice flour+gram flour+drops of lemon+pinch of turmeric

PM:
Face: Glyco A 12% + Retin A+ Caro light+ evertone
Body: Caro light+labidjanaise

Current shade: Freida Pinto/ Eva longoria
Goal Shade: Megan Fox

#34,325 ·
Been using KS soap and exfoliating my hands with a glove for a few mins and then using G&G oil and a little Hyprogel on them. They're coming together (slowly) but surely enough. It's more so my knuckle than anything. Will probably start occluding as well right b4 bedtime.

Gonna start doing lactic acid peels on my knees and elbow once a week as well. All in due time. I've definitely lightened up significantly from my previous shade from a few years ago. Skin lightening is funny lol.

#34,331 ·
@moonmaiden thank you! So I should be okay at 21%!. I brought it already and leaves that white cast on my face. I blend it in really good and use that lightweight Sephora brand powder foundation but I kinda don't wanna do that because I feel like I'm messing with the effectiveness of the sunscreen??

I'm NW50 shade color trying to get to NW43 full body . Nothing too drastic. what brand sunscreen do you use and do you have any suggestions on how to make it look natural w/o the white cast thing.
Thanks for your reply! =)
I think you mean the "sheer zinc" sunscreen by Neutrogena. And you can blend with a powder over it nothing wrong with that. If you like the sunscreen and it works for you, do what you need too to make it look natural. You can add a drop of liquid foundation to it too.

#34,332 ·
#34,333 ·
Welcome! I have used neutrogena in the past it had 9% which was not ideal for me I prefer higher % of zinc but it worked well and I didn't darken.
This one @moon maiden its very new and not on many shelves.
http://www.neutrogena.com/product/s...tion+broad+spectrum+spf+50.do?sortby=ourPicks

They also have one that is 18% http://www.neutrogena.com/product/s...+spectrum+spf+30.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=1
Its difficult to find, but if you purchase from their site you can get 15% off using WELCOME15 as your promo code.

#34,335 ·
#34,337 ·
@Sexynatsshello, No I don't order from ebay. Most of them are not legit. I am buying from one of the most trusted suppliers here in dia. So I am quite sure that the powder is going to be legit.
Hi @DAKSH please kindly share the name of this Indian supplier. Ive been trying to find one too. Thanks in advance.

#34,339 ·
@gymrat can you help me formulate a toner of 12%LA 8%GA 5%b3 and 15%MA pretty please?? I'm completely lost, I'll be using 90% LA and the rest I'm not sure what percentages to get
OF course I will........I am heading out to Miami as we speak, but once I am there I will totally help you with this. What is it you are trying to make a toner?? With LA, GA, MA and B3? What % of GA do you have? And how much are you wanting to make? Get yourself distilled water because you will need it.

#34,340 ·
@gymrat have fun in Miami I've never been there before :).. I'm going to get 30%GA and 40%MA.. Yeah I want to make a toner because I don't like lotions, any batch size is fine I was thinking maybe 16oz since as its for the body and occasionally the face
OF course I will........I am heading out to Miami as we speak, but once I am there I will totally help you with this. What is it you are trying to make a toner?? With LA, GA, MA and B3? What % of GA do you have? And how much are you wanting to make? Get yourself distilled water because you will need it.