Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#34,821 ·
I have tried Now glutathione is available in Nigeria too on konga but is doesn't work for me like Jarrow glutathione. Please what brand can I buy available in Nigeria so that once I start none stop.
Keep on with Jarrow, I usually buy on Amazon. Could be a long process,if you have someone in the UK, you cld buy using their address, they in turn send to you via somebody. The trick is buy to last a while, looking to replace before it finishes.

#34,823 ·
Hey guys, I'm using tretinoin 0.05% and Hydroquinone 4%. The tretinoin I use once every 3 days and HQ I use twice daily. I've been on both for around 14 days.

My problem is the skin that's peeling off has skin that is a shade or two lighter than the old skin that hasn't shed. This is making me look really blotchy, like I have a light patch that is new skin on my cheeks and a dark patch on my jawline and chin that's still old skin.

Is this normal? I'm kind of worried. Will I start peeling evenly or will I have to deal with this until I stop peeling from Retin-A which should take a few more weeks.

#34,825 ·
Thank you for answering my question...I just bought the supreme white glutathione 1500000. ..so far no side effects. The issue of currency exchange....I just prefer buying things at home here Nigeria. So am just gona try the available one... thank u. Let me finish 2 bottles and see.

#34,828 ·
Guys help me!!!! Im still a newbie in skin lightening but i have been progressing well lol. Here is my challenge, i have been buying a ready made skin lightener from a mixologist in my country. I want to ditch her coz i suspect she is using steroids. What products can i use to whighten my body?? A list of creams, serums , oils, soap etc will help. I now want to mix my own and stay away from HQ as it darkens my knuckles
Dodo lotion and gng cream and oil, for face IKB serum and gel, fair and white AHA lotion, face toner like thayers brand or you can diy your own one part apple cider vinegar, one part water. For joints pigment doux serum or elonge serum.

Thank you so much dear you have helped lots

#34,830 ·
@Lizzylicky hey! How is the gng mixture going for you!? Have you been getting results? Well this is my last week of solid exfoliation. then next week HQ. thinking about adding beta albutin to the HQ crystals.I hope I compound it right. I mean, I have been reading and reading so I'm nervous and excited at the same time lol. Awe man, why you can't use HQ?
@Beautymark gng mixture has been doing well for me I added in ikb serum in the mixture and layer ikb gel like thrice a week . But I slow down cz my feet and hands haven't caught up with body . Moon maiden been helping me tackle that with tips.. when I get those okay then I can use my mixture 2times daily, for now just once a day while I tackle my hands and feet twice . But still my skin looks good. Hq messed up my feet , still trying to correct that , then i didn't know about taking a break on hq after few months.. darkened my skin later . I hope u get it right hun.. can't wait to hear your results

#34,831 ·
I need help please
I must say Dodo white up lotion really gave me a nice pale tone but I've discontinued using it cos it aggravated my "slight stretchies"

Been using Gng and dodo oil(cos Gng oil is still scarce in here) but I haven't seen much changes....Seen carowhite having good reviews but it has hydroquinone tho.....
Could anyone help me with any good alternatives?....Im just a student and I don't want overpriced lotions lol

And also between Likas papaya, asantee papaya,dodo soap and carowhite soap which one is best to use?

Also would like to get something for my face... I've been using just Oils Cos I fear I will break out or my face would look bleached than my body as it always does

Please Sharing is caring I count on all your suggestions ....Thanks

#34,833 ·
Oh yeah @Lizzylicky HQ for only 3-4 months. something called orchonis? (wrong spelling). when you say HQ messed up your feet. what do you mean by that? Did you DIY your Hq? when did you noticed results and how much you lightned? just curious
@Beautymark hq creams make my feet light but my toes really black. Also my hands , gives me really dark knuckles. Then I got really dark all over from continuous use , because I was ignorant about the hq break. I also had dark patches on either side of my nose (which I still have a bit from it) I actually saw fast results with hq cream I.e labidjanaise and Caro white (not together tho) .. and I really lightened when the going was good

#34,834 · (Edited)
@Lizzylicky so sorry that happened to you. You wasn't ignorant, you just didn't know. I didnt know that g&g wasnt good for my skin type and I read almost everything I could about it. I took precautions and still broke out.I still have those rash bruised-like marks on me till this day. We all have setbacks. Hell, I'm back at exfoliation. so we gonna get there. and tca peels can also get you right with yo toes knuckles etc. but not too sure with the gng since it has acids.

dey say HQ make joints dark or sumn

#34,836 · (Edited)
I need help please
I must say Dodo white up lotion really gave me a nice pale tone but I've discontinued using it cos it aggravated my "slight stretchies"

Been using Gng and dodo oil(cos Gng oil is still scarce in here) but I haven't seen much changes....Seen carowhite having good reviews but it has hydroquinone tho.....
Could anyone help me with any good alternatives?....Im just a student and I don't want overpriced lotions lol

And also between Likas papaya, asantee papaya,dodo soap and carowhite soap which one is best to use?

Also would like to get something for my face... I've been using just Oils Cos I fear I will break out or my face would look bleached than my body as it always does

Please Sharing is caring I count on all your suggestions ....Thanks
Please help me

@@beautymark.
@@moonmaiden
[MENTION=1987@]gymrat

[MENTION=86321]@Waterboy

#34,837 · (Edited)
@EmmaGH

Hi. I never used the carowhite soap and ashantee soap however the ashantee soap have been thrown around here a couple of times. Now the likas and dodo soap are amazing. the likas is a papaya soap that exfoliates and get you super squeaky clean and it is very good soap to start with when you begin your step1 for lightning.its not moisturizing and leaves the skin dry but it does the job of getting rid off all the gunk that accumulates on your skin throughout the day. you'll be so surprised how much comes off! the smell is very pleasant. bar melts pretty fast if left in shower. lathers good. leave the soap on for like 5 minutes. Rinse. don't underestimate

the dodo soap is stronger. Weird smell but it is a big bar. cut it in half. it leaves your skin clean also well. now this soap can peel you. It's really amazing. when your skin is flaking you can use the dodo soap bc i noticed that it softens the dead skin that's still holding on and lifts it right up when the skin is damp gross but its a good thing. you will see this when drying off. leave the soap on for like 5 minutes. I store my soaps in separate sandwich bags in a Ziploc.

I got both soaps from this African shop I go to. you can also get likas from Asians grocery supermarkets

I haven't used any other products besides g&g to suggest alternatives for natural lighting. There's some threads on natural lighting and what's effective.

I'm currently looking for something for my face. Mitchell brands have a natural line. IKB gel, serums is what I only tried so far. You can try sure white, precious, carotein, kojic acid, There's others I can't remember
@moon maiden has a wealth of knowledge on here. She's really good.

#34,839 · (Edited)
#34,840 ·
Please help me

@@beautymark.
@moonmaiden
[MENTION=1987@]gymrat
@Waterboy
Dodo soap and asantee are good, since dodo was working for you go back to it and make sure to use warm shea butter on the stretchies that will help. For your face you can use serums instead of gels like carotein serum, IKB serum, lemonvate serum. If you are not seeing results with dodo and gng and you don't want to use HQ look into DH7, Francoise bedon, hypprogel make sure it is the one with two Ps. Good luck for now exfoliate for a while then reintroduce a lightener into your regi.