Skin Care Talk banner

Is there anyone practicing total sap

8K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hi I was wondering if there is anyone practicing total sap like total sun avoidance all the time except for like doctors appointments and important things etc. If you are is it worth it and how do you get out of activities that would expose you to the sun? What do you tell others? Thank you.

#2 ·
I think total sun avoidance is pointless. like, I'd rather not lighten my skin if it would mean i would stay in cave and admire my skin alone all day long. A little bit of a sun will not darken you if you use a good high PPD and zinc based sunscreen. I went to a beach in a tropical country recently and I did not darken at all even if i stayed in the sun for like 30mins-1 hour. A good sunscreen is key to an effective skin lightening regimen. :)

#5 ·
Thank you, Darkasian. So what sunblock do you currently recommend? 
Hi I joined here a few weeks ago and I have noticed that most won't reply to simple questions. I have been using the cetaphil spf 50 and it has been working very nicely. It's good on sensitive skin...... hope this helps
Darling that thread is 2 yrs old so no one would reply there is an active sunscreen thread just use the search button.

#6 ·
We have a forum dedicated to Sun Protection, below are a few popular threads you can read through, http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/21766/the-best-sunscreen-sunblock-debate http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/22647/zinc-oxide-physical-sunscreen-list

#9 ·
I know this thread is old but I've been to the beach a couple weeks back and did get a tan. I was able to remove the tan by applying kojie sans And G&G three to four times a week and my tan was completely gone in less than two weeks. I did wear sun screen while at the beach and I went swimming for at least a couple hours and hung around for a few more. But the whole time i was there I never reapplied the sunscreen. I think I would have gotten less tanned if I hadn't stop taking vitamin C and glutathione pills. I got back on the vîtamin C pills and Im waiting for my order of glutathione pills to arrive in the mail. I plan to take part in the Trinidad carnival in a couple days and it's gonna be hot and sunny all day. If y'all interetesed I can come back with an update on how my skin stood up to the blistering sun. I don't think it's possible to avoid the sun completely. Especially when you live in a hot country like myself. We aren't vampires lol.

#10 ·
I'm trying to find a more inside job myself for ultimate sun avoidance!

#11 ·
HI 3shadeslighter, please do let us know after you're back. I'd like to know if taking glutathione and vit c pill helps. I am out in the sun for about a minute after getting off the bus and getting into the office building, but I feel worried...because I don't use a sunscreen since the period is so short. Also a minute or so in the sun here and there during the day...but don't want to slather on sunscreen just for such short periods...I know I am being lazy, but if there are other solutions, I'd be so happy.

#12 ·
If you want results you need to even wear sunscreen indoors. You need to wear sunscreen every day all day during daylight hours. My dermatologist even told me you should be wearing sunglasses even on cloudy days.

#14 ·
Wear sunscreen even indoors??? I've read that a few times before but figured it to be overly cautious and a myth.

Does this mean indoors, as the sun rays are shining directly in through the window or is this also referring to inside when the entire house is under shade??:eek:
:mecry:

#15 ·
@shestarr Haha if you close all the curtains and it's dark you won't need it lol but even if it's a cloudy day outside and any light comes in from the windows you need to use sunscreen. Believe me it is worth it. Once you make it a part of your routine you won't even think twice about it. My relatives used to make fun of me for wearing sunscreen indoors and called me crazy but now they want my skin care advice lol.

#16 ·
Thank you, beautiful
:tee:
I have NEVERRRRRRR considered this, but the more I read it, the more I am convinced. I will do this to test a difference. It's not like I have anything to lose in doing so. I need to protect my investment as much as possible, anyhow (I've been doing the gluta injections and will update my experience as soon as I finish that Glutathione and Results thread).

#19 ·
I think that the sunblock I have is actually burning my skin. It's a chemical physical with zinc called Allie Perfect spf 50+ from Japan and it's giving me the blues. I wore/wear it faithfully and my face still got tan when in my car even in the shade. I can actually feel it burning my skin in the shade and it took away my gluta iv glow. So my body is still glowing; everything except for my face, the most important part!
:mecry:

I am pissed and depressed. What sunblock does anyone recommend that is a physical and natural and actually works? :confused:

So much work and money down the drain.

#20 ·
My guess is its the alcohol in your sunscreen that is bothering you, especially if you are exfoliating. Japanese SS are nice but they do contain a high % of alcohol which can cause issues for lots of people. If you are using RA or any other type of acid, etc, alcohol can sting. Are you looking for a SS just to use on your face? @shestarr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.