Skin Care Talk banner

people from India let's share our lightening journey updates here

29K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  honey123456 
#1 ·
OdAfter joining this forum 2 months ago , I have been reading threads after threads .Staying up at night sometimes just to gather as much info as I can . I am that desperate to lighten ! But the biggest obstacle I am facing is many products people swear by on sct are not available easily to us in India and the one's available are outrageously priced for sale in India . Economically it is not possible for most of us to try and test many products before finding the one that works .So let's help each other by giving our lightening journey updates here and names of products that are working or not worked for you .

#2 ·
Till now I have invested in Vitamin c 1000 mg Grape seed ext 300mg l carnitine 400 mg with ala 200 mg ( started 2 days back ) Retin a 0.025 Ban a tan cream I have not yet started work on my body because of lack of time and I haven't been able to find exfoliating products for my body . I tried ordering some things online but there was some problem with my card .

#4 ·
In reference to celebs I am nearest to kajol devgans complexion . My siblings are much lighter than me . My sisters are aishwarya bacchan's complexion . I want to lighten to an extent where I don't feel out of place in my family potrait like now .

#5 ·
I am from Mumbai (humidity kills my complexion further )and I have oily acne prone skin . I had severe Breakouts 6 months ago , which cleared up by a series of chemical peels . It couldn't be a better time to start some serious lightening routine .

#7 ·
Wohoo . I just got lucky :hehe: that we are from same city . Im using lotus matte SPF 40 indoors and avene spf50 emulsion outdoors , but the avene makes me look so grey and unnatural if applied more than pea size but then I haven't come across any ss that will provide enough protection and not make me look like a corpse :D I got 7 peel sessions done under dermatologist . She never disclosed to me though what peels she was using . The paper says ga/ tca but I know she used some others as well ,reading from bottle label while she performed the procedure . Peels got me rid of the acne but my complexion went a shade or two darker than before :( . I know it's not going to be easy to reach my goal but at least I will reach somewhere , maybe at least 2-3 shades lighter than now . My current routine is Morning - wash face with cetaphil oily skin cleanser Apply emolene cream ( moisturiser) Apply kojic cream Apply sunscreen L carnitine 400mg with ala 200 mg on empty stomach 100 mg grape seed extract, 1000mg vitamin c , 300 mg fish oil caps , multivitamin Afternoon - wash face with sebamed foaming cleanser Reapply moisturiser ,kojic , ss Night - wash face with cetaphil Apply retin a 0.025/ ban a tan / serum ( given to me by derma, idk what it is , no label ) alternatively each night . I also take 100 mg grape seed , 500 mg vit c after dinner . I am not using any product to exfoliate and lighten my body yet . If you could suggest me where I can start and what do I need to add or subtract from my routine I'd be grateful . Thanks for always guiding me around on this forum dazzle dame :yourock:

#17 ·
Hi indianchick, Im not from india although i do travel there quite regularly..i stayed for five months a few years go! During my stay i went to a derm and had a few lactipeels and he also prescribed me the grape seed extract and dcl 10%lotion and vit c Looking back at the old pics i would say these items did keep me well lightened U will find many products in india so ordering from abroad shudnt be required.. Also ash wasnt always as light as she is now :) gudluck x

#8 ·
Yes we are from the same city
and you're welcome hun

Did you try Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+ ? Its a little pricey but works really well. I like Lotus SS's too!
Peels made you darker!
Did you not tell your derm you aren't happy about it?

This routine you've mentioned has it been prescribed by your derm?
As for the body I'd say invest in Amlactin - you can find it on eBay it helps in exfoliating and brightening and order for a Korean Italy Towel too.
You'll be surprised at the amount of dead skin it will shed off you!

#9 ·
I haven't tried cetaphil ss. I will do it soon . She wrote me 10 peel sessions . After first few sessions my skin purged like anything and in the later sessions my acne reduced . But complexion did not improve , it went darker . I told my derma about it but she replied coldly that I can discontinue the peels if I want to , she isn't forcing me to do it ! I did 6 peels in all and stopped . This is my own made regimen , not my derma's Amlactin is too expensive . I checked in a chemist store for an alternative , he showed me a lotion called amylac . Idk if its similar but it is made of 12% lactic acid .

#10 ·
Amlactin is too expensive . I checked in a chemist store for an alternative , he showed me a lotion called amylac . Idk if its similar but it is made of 12% lactic acid .
Which derm is this *I'm just curious*
Yes Amlactin is expensive. I have never used Amylac, did you check the ingredients in it?
Alternative option : You can also order Lactic acid then you can make your own lactic acid lotion with it (Which is what I have been doing)
Which kojic acid cream are you using?

Your regime looks fine, but Kojic acid twice a day does it dry your skin?
Also you could add Vit C serum to your regime since you're using KA and HQ both.
Vit C has skin building and brightening properties

#11 ·
A very known derm with years of experience and huge client list .thats why the don't waste my time attitude. Amylac ingredients - lactic acid 12% , lotion base ,methyl paraben 0.2% , propylparaben 0.02% , price - 125/50ml, ranbaxy labs Kojic cream by curatio, key ingredients- azeloglicina, lactokine fluid, kojic acid dipalmitate, cream base ( % not given). This cream smells very strong and awful like a lux soap . My skin is too oily , I don't get much dry . Is kaya antox serum with vitamin c any good or a diy serum would be better but I'm scared I will goofup and ruin my skin :eek:

#12 ·
http://www.ebay.in/itm/KOREAN-ITALY-TOWEL-WASH-CLOTH-BODY-SCRUBBER-3-PIECE-/220686087587 http://www.ebay.in/itm/LONG-ITALY-TOWEL-KOREAN-WASH-CLOTH-SCRUBBER-EXFOLIATING-/280583827064 I found these on ebay.in , frankly i have never bought anything on ebay before , i dont want to be surprised by shipping and customs costs. Have you also ordered your's from ebay ?

#13 ·
Update - since I've added kojic cream to my regime my skin has lost a lot of brightness . My skin is looking dull , before it looked brighter each day when I was only using ban a tan as lightener . I'll stick to ban a tan as sole lightener for my face . Ban a tan composition - 2% lumiskin , alpha arbutin 1%,mulberry extract 1% , licorice extract 0.5%, cosmoperine 0.1%, cream base . Hq is not listed in the ingredients.

#14 ·
Update - since I've added kojic cream to my regime my skin has lost a lot of brightness . My skin is looking dull , before it looked brighter each day when I was only using ban a tan as lightener . I'll stick to ban a tan as sole lightener for my face . Ban a tan composition - 2% lumiskin , alpha arbutin 1%,mulberry extract 1% , licorice extract 0.5%, cosmoperine 0.1%, cream base . Hq is not listed in the ingredients.
Too much of Kojic acid irritates skin, you could alternate between ban a tan and KA cream on different days.
Or you could use ban a tan if that works better by itself.

You could use Vit C under your sunscreen during the day and restrict your lightener usage at night (kojic acid/alpha arbutin)

#20 ·
hi i;m 22 year old girl from india(kerala). I was using this steroid cream containing hydroquinone for like an year. My face lightened very well. Then i stoped using it cause of the side effects. But then my face turned darker and some dark spots on face too. Went to a dermatologist. Had done oxy peels 3 times. After the chemical peels my face looked a bit okay. But somehow still it messed up a bit, My face is darker than my other body parts. I tried demelan cream for a month but didn't work. Tried BAN A TAN cream still didn't work. Now using GLYCO6 mixed with KOJIVIT. But no significant change. I really want a clear and a bit fairer face!!!.

Heard of some soaps like kojisan etc..Is it available in medical stores in india?? what am i suposed to do? please help out.. I broke up with my bf just because i don't want him to see my messed up face.. Please i'm really depressed.

I bought retino A cream (.05%) , how to use it? and should i stop using lightening creams like kojivit when i'm using retino A cream? can i use likas papaya soap when i'm using retinoA cream??

#23 ·
hi i;m 22 year old girl from india(kerala). I was using this steroid cream containing hydroquinone for like an year. My face lightened very well. Then i stoped using it cause of the side effects. But then my face turned darker and some dark spots on face too. Went to a dermatologist. Had done oxy peels 3 times. After the chemical peels my face looked a bit okay. But somehow still it messed up a bit, My face is darker than my other body parts. I tried demelan cream for a month but didn't work. Tried BAN A TAN cream still didn't work. Now using GLYCO6 mixed with KOJIVIT. But no significant change. I really want a clear and a bit fairer face!!!.

Heard of some soaps like kojisan etc..Is it available in medical stores in india?? what am i suposed to do? please help out.. I broke up with my bf just because i don't want him to see my messed up face.. Please i'm really depressed.

I bought retino A cream (.05%) , how to use it? and should i stop using lightening creams like kojivit when i'm using retino A cream? can i use likas papaya soap when i'm using retinoA cream??

Hi Zera, IDK if your still on this thread? if yes, i would like to know if you had any succes in removing you hyperpigmentation. I have the exact same problem i used A ret HC which had hydroquinine and now i have this patchy discolored skin :(
if you could please advice me what should i do that will be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.