Green Cream
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Green Cream

Green Cream

I've noticed that a few long term members has listed green cream as a favorite product. Is green cream the brand name? Also what is it that you like about green cream?

Yes Green Cream is the brand, and it is a retinol cream/gel. They say not as effective as Retin-A, but I have to agree to disagree. I use both RA and GC. I alternate nights. Love them both. I get a good peel from RA and great smoothing from GC.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

I transitioned to GC Level 6 after a long time on Level 3. It made my skin very sensitive to the point that products I'd used for years gave me a burning feeling when I used them - the only change I'd made to my routine was adding GC. I stopped using it. I think the alcohol base may have had something to do with my sensitivity issues. But I know that others love it!

Level 3 didn't bother my skin, but it wasn't giving me the results I'd hoped for after about 9 months of use. Which is why I started transitioning to Level 6 very slowly.

I have noticed the same thing since using retinolds! As far as im aware though retinolds can make the skin more sensative anyhow!

I find that lev 3 did a little something for my skin, and lev 6 tends to peel away at the dead skin, so hence when your new one comes through, obviously the face becomes far clearer, may be it is the alchol in this product that makes some people skin far more sensative, i have also noticed recently that i put essential oils in products on my face, my face now adays cant take these oils at all!

I do think that some of the ingrendients they have put in the GC are not necessary, at the mo though im gonna try using the GC lev 6 couple times a week and then may be do a peel once a week, just think its a question of trial and error sometimes!

Marci what do you use on your face now adays instead of the Gc?

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNY View Post
    Marci what do you use on your face now adays instead of the Gc?
    I switched to Avene Retrinal when GC didn't work for me. I liked that it was another product line with 3 different strengths. I started at the lowest (.025%) since I didn't know how my skin would react after the GC routine. Loved it! Alternated .025% with .05% for a while to transition up, and then did the same thing with .05% and 0.1%. I have been using the 0.1% for almost a year with no probs. At no point did I have an adverse reaction to Avene Retrinal, or any of the other skin products that I've been using for a long time before starting Retrinal.

I used GC L3 for one bottle then upped it to L6 - WHOA! big time burn!

Then I switched to Retin-A Micro 0.04% for one tube - much better!

Gradually I transitioned to Retin-A cream 0.05% from ADC (India pharmacy) and alternated with tazarotene 0.1%. This worked for a while to clarify and smooth out my skin, but now I think it's too irritating.....I can't really explain it, but I don't like the way my skin looks - dehydrated in spite of moisturizing and hydrating.

Now I've switched back to GC L6 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! Now it's better and I like the way my skin looks again - it is more hydrated now!

Green Cream is made by AST and available at Dermstore.com.

I think my skin changes and I just need to change products to accommodate the changes.....does that make any sense?

It does to me Fawnie I change often. I have to trick my skin into submission.
    Top 3 products for skin Vit C serum, RA and SS

Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    It does to me Fawnie I change often. I have to trick my skin into submission.
    LOL yes, that makes sense! Keep it on its toes!

Quote Originally Posted by marci65 View Post
    I switched to Avene Retrinal when GC didn't work for me. I liked that it was another product line with 3 different strengths. I started at the lowest (.025%) since I didn't know how my skin would react after the GC routine. Loved it! Alternated .025% with .05% for a while to transition up, and then did the same thing with .05% and 0.1%. I have been using the 0.1% for almost a year with no probs. At no point did I have an adverse reaction to Avene Retrinal, or any of the other skin products that I've been using for a long time before starting Retrinal.
    Have you ever used Retin A? If so what was the difference in results with the two? I have never used Avene Retrinal.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Have you ever used Retin A? If so what was the difference in results with the two? I have never used Avene Retrinal.
    No, I've never used Retin-A. I don't see a derm and I've been afraid to try to order online without a Px. Maybe I need to get over that. I just placed an order yesterday for a sample of Garden of Wisdom's retinol product in the strongest strength, so will be giving that a try soon.