Skin Care Talk banner

Need help identifying skin problem

16K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I have been doing much research and cannot identify my skin condition. I have these red patches that is appearing on my checks and nose. It is not super itchy so I'm not sure if it ezcema or not Symptoms: Red patches that appear on nose an cheeks and sometimes when they go away they remain pink ( does not conpletely go away). Sometimes is inflared when red. Feels very dry when I don't use lotion. When lotion is applied it stings or burns a little bit The problem has just started 2 months ago and progressively gets worse spreading across my face. [ATTACHMENT=1639]image.jpg (276k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

#2 ·
It looks like eczema to me. Some people do experience "flare-ups" in response to certain things even weather conditions. For some, just coming into contact with rough or coarse materials can cause the skin to become itchy. For others, feeling too hot/cold, exposure to certain products like soap, detergent, or contact with animals could cause an outbreak. Stress also can cause the condition to worsen.......do try and see advise from your Dr. They will be able to give you a topical etc.

#3 ·
Thank you gym rat for the quick reply... So even though it does not itch it can still be ezcema? Does it look like anything else? Also when the redness and flares go away it leaves my skin pink such as a scar. It won't return back to its old original pale color. Is there a way that will help clear back to its old skin color ? It's spreading and leaving scars all over my face... Making me very insecure. I will be doing internet research to help figure out what I can do to treat the problem because it is looking very severe out break. Has anyone had it as bad as me and cleared it up? What did you do? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for asking so many questions. The condition is causing me to become very emotional and insecure and I'm somewhat using this forum to vent as we'll. thanks for listening.

#4 ·
Yes it can still be eczema even if it doesn't itch. Have you tried applying any type of gentle lotion on it?? CeraVe, Cetaphil, Welda, Aveeno, Gold Bond, Mustela??? Neosporin?? Give one of those a try and see if you find some kind of relief.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.