Skin Care Talk banner

'Tis the Season for TCA!

41K views 123 replies 20 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I'm only excited about winter because I can do TCA peels again.

Is anyone else on board? Who wants to have a TCA party?

#75 ·
Hmmm... it turns out my frosted joints did burn after all !!

*picture removed*

The rest of the hand is peeling pretty well and I'm really glad that the damage (babyface+ RA combo) I did in January is reversed at least from what I can see.

Can't wait for the whole hand to peel will deal with the peeled part that has burned first. As time goes by the skin will regenerate itself, trying to make sure it doesn't scar by continuing to apply Vitamin E oil.

#85 ·
Dang! A girl leaves the boards for two months and look what happens! I'm going to a sunny place for a vacation on the 10th, but will be ready to peel on the 17th or so. Is anyone else in! I'm doing shoulders and MAYBE face.
You notice I WAS NOT one to jump in :D Crumpet I will for sure be ready when you are!! I was waiting until after the New Year :thumbsup: I will be sitting here very patiently waiting for you to return.............:call:

#88 ·
Did my 18% TCA peel this morning, reasoning that the peeling won't begin until Friday. I was a bit surprised that I didn't frost at all. Because it wasn't frosting, I did five layers, which I've never done before ... 3 was my highest to date. I'll be interested to see how it does. Not back to work until Monday, so I'm hoping the worst of it is over by then.

Happy New Year, and as Mattie Roberts would say, "stay as glamorous as you can stand to be!"

#89 ·
Did my 18% TCA peel this morning, reasoning that the peeling won't begin until Friday.  I was a bit surprised that I didn't frost at all.  Because it wasn't frosting, I did five layers, which I've never done before ... 3 was my highest to date.  I'll be interested to see how it does.  Not back to work until Monday, so I'm hoping the worst of it is over by then. Happy New Year, and as Mattie Roberts would say, "stay as glamorous as you can stand to be!"
5 layers of 18%? I'm assuming this was a MUAC TCA peel hopeful ? Your a RA user too aren't you? Shocked at the 5 layers. Maybe it's time to bump up the strength. LOVE that saying "stay as glamorous as you can stand to be!" :five:

#90 ·
Yes, I think I got a little carried away, Gymrat. I was expecting it to frost, and when it didn't ... I just kept going. It actually seems to be doing OK. It's already started peeling. I'm holding off on the RA until I get through the peeling process. It is a MUAC TCA 18%. You're right ... most likely time to move to the next level. I thought 18% was pretty strong, but my skin has been through a lot

#91 ·
Yes, I think I got a little carried away, Gymrat.  I was expecting it to frost, and when it didn't ... I just kept going.  It actually seems to be doing OK.  It's already started peeling.  I'm holding off on the RA until I get through the peeling process.  It is a MUAC TCA 18%.  You're right ... most likely time to move to the next level.  I thought 18% was pretty strong, but my skin has been through a lot;)
Wow, what I would give if my TCA worked this fast. I never get peeling so quickly. I apply then within 1-2 days it's turning brown, then crinkling more and more then I start peeling. Sounds like you could be done peeling by Monday. Good planning on your part with the holiday, I wish I would have thought like you!! Did it burn with each layer?? Your one tough cookie if so ;)

#92 ·
Actually, it really didn't burn until the last layer, and then it felt like my face was on fire. But that's why I kept going ... it didn't feel like much was happening. I do think my skin is really tough, after years of peels/microdermabrasion, etc. I'm getting a very good peel, so I'm happy with it.

As you advised, I think I'll bump up the strength on my next purchase. I probably have another two-three treatments left with this bottle. That is one of the reasons I am so grateful for this forum ... I was spending $150-$200 per peel before I finally decided that it might be safe to do it at home, since so many people were using it here, and Goatie had put up step-by-step instructions shortly after I became a member. Love SkinCareTalk! It has made anti-aging affordable.

#93 ·
Actually, it really didn't burn until the last layer, and then it felt like my face was on fire.  But that's why I kept going ... it didn't feel like much was happening. I do think my skin is really tough, after years of peels/microdermabrasion, etc.  I'm getting a very good peel, so I'm happy with it.  As you advised, I think I'll bump up the strength on my next purchase.  I probably have another two-three treatments left with this bottle.  That is one of the reasons I am so grateful for this forum ... I was spending $150-$200 per peel before I finally decided that it might be safe to do it at home, since so many people were using it here, and Goatie had put up step-by-step instructions shortly after I became a member.  Love SkinCareTalk! It has made anti-aging affordable.
Hopeful, I am right there with you!! I too spent hundreds getting professional peels, once I realized I could be doing these at home, I was beyond thrilled!! Great to hear you are getting a nice peel after your 5 layer process ;) do let me know how it all turns out. Does it look like you will be finished peeling by Monday in time for work?

#104 ·
Hi Mulberry :wavey: how are things looking?? I hope you are starting to see improvements!! I saw a thread earlier today and I thought.......awwhh this member needs some advice from Mulberry ;) if I find the thread I will @mention you to it.

#111 ·
My travel schedule finally calmed down sufficiently to allow for a shoulder and arm peel last night. I did two layers of 15%. I frosted a bit on my shoulders but decided not to push it more. Last year I found that my shoulders and arms don't frost the way my face does (anyone else experience this?) so I didn't want to push it too hard. I feel a bit sunburned at the moment, but its not too bad. I'll see how this round goes and, if I need to add another layer, I'll do it next time.

I'm hoping to do my face in early March. I didn't want to be a peeling/molting mess for Valentine's Day/my birthday/my fiance's birthday, which are all happening in the next few weeks!

#117 ·
@gymrat   Thank u very much for pointing me to right direction. My tattoo is almost gone, even the birthmark i used it to cover is visibly lighter. I have just two more peels to do. You are the best  :goldcup:  
Awwhh, so glad to hear this!! What % did you end up going with?? And did your tattoo have color to it?? And did you single layer or double layer the peel?

#122 ·
Hi @gymrat, am thinking of ordering a TCA peel from MUAC and since shipping to the UK is expensive, can you please tell me other helpful products that they have for pitted and box scar post acne scarring so i can order all at once.
Thanks a lot.
Hi @ivory goddess have a look at their Fade Peel and also their TCX Fusion Peel. I haven't yet tried the Fusion Peel but it looks interesting. I will have to order it to see how the type of results it gives. Its an interesting mix of acids.

That and if you haven't tried Mandelic I would look at that as well. Pitted scars are a bit tougher to get rid of, I would use the milder peels first, then jump to TCA as it does require down time.

#123 ·
I did a 20% TCA peel well actually I'm still peeling but I'm almost done. I shouldn't of done a TCA peel so high I should've gotten a 12.5 or 15 even though I only did the peel for my forehead its peeling wonderfully. I just keep it moisturized. Just please make sure you do your research before you decide to get a TCA peel. I realized I did everything WRONG.

For example

1) I put more than 3 layers of 20% TCA acid on my skin. Then I woke up and put one more layer. Stupid right? I didn't know a layer was how many times you swipe the acid on your skin. I should've done 1 layer.

Also I'm a dark skin African Anerican woman I should've been more careful knowing the acid can easily scar my skin. I should've started with a lower percentage then worked my way up instead of buying that high percentage especially since this was my first TCA peel.

Its peeling and thank God my skin looks fine. I was so worried my skin would be scarred from me being so careless but everything went well. Just make sure you do thorough research before dealing with TCA.

#124 ·
You are so right, start low and work your way up when dealing with TCA, its no joke. Most don't take it serious when you say DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST. Sorry you didn't know more details before taking that plunge, but more so I am happy your skin healed.

For next time here is a great thread to read through
http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/12337-TCA-Instructions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.