Where to buy Phenol peel

Thread: Where to buy Phenol peel

Where to buy Phenol peel

Hi
    I havent posted in a while because i got most of the information that i needed from this site years ago but i am a bit stuck now.
    Has anyone ever bought a Phenol peel online ?
    TCA 40% seems to just bounce off me with no effect mostly because i have been using it for years.
    I figure it is time to go higher in concentration now.
    but i cannot seem to find stronger peels online.
    Can anybody help with this

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Your post is terrifying me - and I mean that in a caring way.

For one, Phenol peels require general anesthesia and should only be performed in a medical setting. These peels are no joke and involve MONTHS of recovery. Furthermore, your skin is too dark for a phenol peel (even if you were able to fork over the $5000 it cost). Good candidates for Phenol peels are light skinned since it leaves a very pronounced line of demarcation.

Second, a 40% TCA peel is just asking for trouble. You can't even receive a 40% TCA peel by a dermatologist; they only go up to 35%. Since you have darker skin, I would not recommend a TCA peel of that strength. You will want to condition your skin for at least 8 weeks with either Retin-A (at least every other night) or weekly glycolic peels. When you actually do your TCA peel, I would recommend starting with two layers of 12.5% or possible two layers of 18% at the most.

You have to remember that deeper peels like this are more risky for individuals with darker skin. You run the risk of hypopigmentation, or loss of pigmentation in certain areas. In many cases the pigmentation does eventually return, but in others it is permanent. In other words, it's better to be safe than sorry.

There is an abundance of knowledge on SKT. You can message me or post here. Good luck!

Phenol peels can have really unpredictable results. Like Phenixjoe said stick to tca peels. I haven't come across any website that sells phenol peels yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

The only one I know of is Skin Culture Peel: Main Ingredients: Resorcinol, Salicylic and less than 2% Phenol. Plus, the oils of Thyme, Eucalyptus and Wintergreen, which have long been recognised in natural healing science as effective holistic healing agents for many skin problems.

I've used this peel before, you'll have to stay at home for this one! BIG time peeling!! But the results are awesome!!

7. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements