help with first TCA 12% muac - Page 2

Thread: help with first TCA 12% muac

Quote Originally Posted by annaamia View Post
    I would like to try retain A and a vit c serum. What products would you recommend.I'm in the uk btw!
    Just bumping this for info
    I'm sorry I totally missed this..........thank you for bumping it, shame on me Ok for Vit C serum I would encourage you to make your own as you will save $ in the long run. If you don't want to make your own I can give you a few places to look. As for Retin A, this would need to be prescribed by a Dr or you can order it through AllDayChemist http://www.alldaychemist.com/ There are a few members who are from UK and do group orders for this as well, so do check here for that. By doing a group order you save on the shipping cost. http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/46196/adc-london-orders Anymore questions just ask!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thank u gymerat! Thats ok I'm late on my replies because my Nana has been in hospital the last few months so i haven't had much time lately I'd love to make my own vit c serum though!iv been looking through lots of threads but been getting a little overwhelmed with it. if there's a simple recipe a newbie could make from the uk I'd be extremely greatful

Oh and what kinda things will a vit c serum do for your skin Thankies amia

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I wouldn't do a TCA if you are prone to cold sores. I'm sorry totally your call, but if it were me I would say no.
    Hi @gymrat i'm glad that I'm still doing research on TCA's as I get cold sores, not often but I do get them usually from acidic foods like pasta sauce or OJ, but not every time. Is there any reason besides the fact that I might get one to not do a TCA? I can live with one for a few days if it'll help improve my skin. I have done a Jessner peel and a GA/LA combo peel with no outbreak.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Hi @gymrat i'm glad that I'm still doing research on TCA's as I get cold sores, not often but I do get them usually from acidic foods like pasta sauce or OJ, but not every time. Is there any reason besides the fact that I might get one to not do a TCA? I can live with one for a few days if it'll help improve my skin. I have done a Jessner peel and a GA/LA combo peel with no outbreak.

TIA
    Well...... they say if you are prone to cold sores you should stay away from peels in general. I have never had one (cold sore) but.......I have friends/relatives who get them occasionally. Have you ever tried taking Lysine in supplement form?? If not, something to consider. Those I know who take this consistently have had great success and has kept their outbreaks at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Well...... they say if you are prone to cold sores you should stay away from peels in general. I have never had one (cold sore) but.......I have friends/relatives who get them occasionally. Have you ever tried taking Lysine in supplement form?? If not, something to consider. Those I know who take this consistently have had great success and has kept their outbreaks at bay.
    I have never heard of Lysine, thank you I will look into it. How odd though, now I'm interested in why this occurs and why they tell you to stay away from it, is it because it will cause an outbreak or something worse. I'll have to do some research on this.

As always thanks for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    I have never heard of Lysine, thank you I will look into it. How odd though, now I'm interested in why this occurs and why they tell you to stay away from it, is it because it will cause an outbreak or something worse. I'll have to do some research on this.

As always thanks for your feedback!
    There is medication (Valtrex, is one)you can get if you are worried. But if you have done Jessner and GA/LA and not had an issue, I would not be overly concerned. Now if you were looking into fillers, dermabrasion, etc, then yes, I would talk to your Dr about getting medication, depending on how severe/often you get them.

Why does it happen? Because with a peel, you stimulate the skin, with this, it can reactivate the virus that resides in the sensory nerves. Not saying it activates a new infection, just wakes up the one thats been there.

@MrsBurney2015 did you try the TCA peel?
    @gymrat I'm going to try the 12% TCA and see how I go with it.what instructions would you advise?how would you recommend I use it eg timings,for how many weeks

I was going to do a test patch then maybe do my forehead to try it out for the first proper go.for after care I was going to use vit e oil + emu oil,maybe Vaseline if its major dry.what do you think?if I do well on the 12% I might go higher.

@gymrat I'm going to try the 12% TCA and see how I go with it.what instructions would you advise?how would you recommend I use it eg timings,for how many weeks

I was going to do a test patch then maybe do my forehead to try it out for the first proper go.for after care I was going to use vit e oil + emu oil,maybe Vaseline if its major dry.what do you think?if I do well on the 12% I might go higher.
    You should be extremely dry from using 12%. And you don't want to keep your skin overly moisturized, as you will be defeating the purpose of doing a peel.

I would read the thread I provided second post of this thread, it will walk you through the process. Use neosporin immediately after the peel until all areas are no longer pink. You may not have any pink areas.

Do a patch test on the lower part of your jawline.

And if this is a MUAC you should have received detail instructions with it, explaining times, layer, etc. Read through that instruction card as well.

No @annaamia I haven't. I had an 'incident' with another peel that I had bought before the TCA. Everything turned out fine in the end but just taking a break from the scare. I think after the holidays I am going to go for it as I really want to try the TCA, 15% because it sounds like it's just what I need.

Please let me know how your peel goes for you.

@gymrat just to confirm unlike other peels were you want to keep your skin moisterized with the TCA you just want to use Neosporin until the pink is gone. What then after? Back to normal skin routin?
    Last edited by MrsBurney2015; 12-06-2015 at 07:59 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements