help with first TCA 12% muac
Page 1 of 9 1 2 Last

Thread: help with first TCA 12% muac

help with first TCA 12% muac

Hi everyone.I need some advice on doing my first TCA 12% muac peel.I need as much info as possible on preparation,doing the peel and after care (moisturizers + cleansers+ sunblock) iv done glycolic + salicylic peels before but not TCA!I'm 30 and have very fair skin(blonde blue eyes) and have ALOT of premature aging from sun damage off using sun beds & sun bathing as a teen. Im in the uk btw!I have emu oil (emu oil well) for after the peel and im going to get some aquaphor too.I'm also going to try and get some neosporin but have to order off eBay for that.sunblock I have green people SPF 25. Any help would be great thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

So glad to hear you are preparing the best you can!! You can never educate yourself enough especially when it comes to TCA peels. The more you know ahead of time the better off the process will be for you.

Here is a great informative thread to read through
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...A-Instructions

Also, do understand 12% is a very low strength it may take you a couple layers. What I would do is order this strength in the sample size bottle as well as order 15% in sample size bottle. My guess is 15% will work great for you with only one layer. But do read up on both and use your own judgment on which you purchase!! Be sure to let us know how this peel turns out for you!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Thank you gymrat.I have a question about doing an at home peel if you get cold sores.I do get cold sores so can you still do a TCA or not?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by annaamia View Post
    Thank you gymrat.I have a question about doing an at home peel if you get cold sores.I do get cold sores so can you still do a TCA or not?
    I wouldn't do a TCA if you are prone to cold sores. I'm sorry totally your call, but if it were me I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I wouldn't do a TCA if you are prone to cold sores. I'm sorry totally your call, but if it were me I would say no.
    Is there anything I could get from the doctor do you think? Or is there an alternative Peel I could do?

Is there anything I could get from the doctor do you think? Or is there an alternative Peel I could do?
    Do you get cold sores often?? If so you could ask your Dr for a prescription to have just in case you need it. I am not prone to them but I have a friend whos toddler gets them so she keeps a prescription on hand. Tell me what kind of results you were looking from doing the TCA?? What are you wanting to improve?? Maybe another peel will work for you.

Sorry for the late reply!I would like my skin smoother,pores smaller and the lines under my eyes reduced.iv done glycolic 50% and iv done salicylic 20% but the fine lines still remain

Sorry for the late reply!I would like my skin smoother,pores smaller and the lines under my eyes reduced.iv done glycolic 50% and iv done salicylic 20% but the fine lines still remain
    Have you considered Retin A? Or Vit C serum? I am not sure what other products you are using, but both are something to consider.

I would like to try retain A and a vit c serum. What products would you recommend.I'm in the uk btw!

Just bumping this for info

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements