Exfoliating for a beginner - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 First 10 11

Thread: Exfoliating for a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by salsera View Post
    @gymrat - still working like a work horse. I did see the mention in the thread with Titi. I miss so many of the ol' team (fawnie, periwinkle, mimithesilversheep, edensong, lightenlift, etc.) the forum was definitely lively and so full of sound wonderful advice.

I'm going to do a Lactic Acid peel an compliment with a DIY lactic butter/lotion, where I hope to use a combination of coconut oil, shea butter and jojoba oil.
    Yep we had a great group back in those days. Periwinkle pops in every now and again and lightenlift was from time to time, I haven't checked lately. Mimi I haven't heard from in so long, Eden has a very active FB page. You should pop in and say hello to her if you have FB. I don't have FB, its probably better that I don't because I really wouldn't get anything done. You LA butter sounds amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by msboo View Post
    Yeah, got the SALE code yesterday evening---busy today BUT sooooo tempted. I'm like you with Free Shp but since I just started with her I need to keep it simple. The email did state "if you miss this sale, we'll be sure to have another one". Thought about getting a full size Multi-active Accelerator (really like it) but $3.03 to ship so I'll wait. $75 orders get Free Shp so I'll wait. LET ME KNOW how you like the Cleansing Oil. I also got the Rhassoul Cleansing Bar---great for hot humid summer in Ky & when visiting our daughter's family in FL. For deep cleaning she suggests (on her site) to do Cleansing Oil then Rhassoul Bar (at night). In Winter, when my eczema flairs, Rhassoul might be too drying---I got it to shower with at times so no biggie if my face won't tolerate it, just curious to try it. My skin's more Normal-Dry but I can be flaky, dry and a bit oily in T-zone even in Winter!!!!! Almost immediately my skin has become 'normalized' or balanced out. Wish I'd tried her stuff sooner.
    I have used the Rhassoul bar, I cut mine in half. Be careful it dried my skin out. I could only use it a few times a week. Just to ship my cleansing oil was $8.35, that is crazy to me. I've wanted to try her cleansing oil so I thought this was a good time since she was having a sale. I will for sure keep you posted.

I've never been to KY, but FL quite a few times. It can be super humid in the summer, but still a fun place to visit. Great place in the winter! I have family in Cocoa Beach, FL.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I have used the Rhassoul bar, I cut mine in half. Be careful it dried my skin out. I could only use it a few times a week. Just to ship my cleansing oil was $8.35, that is crazy to me. I've wanted to try her cleansing oil so I thought this was a good time since she was having a sale. I will for sure keep you posted.

I've never been to KY, but FL quite a few times. It can be super humid in the summer, but still a fun place to visit. Great place in the winter! I have family in Cocoa Beach, FL.
    Daughter's in Estero, moved Summer 2015. We used to vaca in Naples & Sanibel so she was already familiar with the Ft Myers area. Right after moving, her friends' doctor was murdered by the husband in their Bonita home---hired people to do it. That's when I got on a crime forum... a first for me & far from skin care to say the least! The case was on Nancy Grace a few nights, recently on 48 Hours.

Yikes shipping, but that Oil is a heavy 16oz single item---good thing was 20% off as your shipping was apprx 25% of the cost of the cleanser! LOL, look at this way... paid full price plus $1.35 for shipping. My order was over Free Shp $ but I wanted it quick--$13 for Priority, ordered Wed, shpd later that day & arrv Fri. I only plan using Rhassoul during humid times when I tend to get a little 'gunky' &/or for deep clean---always after Oil Cleansing. I went back to my waffle only for exfoliation a wk prior to my NCN order, skin got better then marked improvement after I started using NCN products. I'm hooked.

After initial cleansing w/oil I get my hands wet & go over my face again (emulsifies more) before rinsing. Sometimes I go around my hairline with Cell Renewal Toner, also on down neck area past where I cleanse---since Cleansing Oil is ph balanced I don't need Toner where oil is used.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    Last edited by msboo; 04-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msboo View Post
    Daughter's in Estero, moved Summer 2015. We used to vaca in Naples & Sanibel so she was already familiar with the Ft Myers area. Right after moving, her friends' doctor was murdered by the husband in their Bonita home---hired people to do it. That's when I got on a crime forum... a first for me & far from skin care to say the least! The case was on Nancy Grace a few nights, recently on 48 Hours.

Yikes shipping, but that Oil is a heavy 16oz single item---good thing was 20% off as your shipping was apprx 25% of the cost of the cleanser! LOL, look at this way... paid full price plus $1.35 for shipping. My order was over Free Shp $ but I wanted it quick--$13 for Priority, ordered Wed, shpd later that day & arrv Fri. I only plan using Rhassoul during humid times when I tend to get a little 'gunky' &/or for deep clean---always after Oil Cleansing. I went back to my waffle only for exfoliation a wk prior to my NCN order, skin got better then marked improvement after I started using NCN products. I'm hooked.

After initial cleansing w/oil I get my hands wet & go over my face again (emulsifies more) before rinsing. Sometimes I go around my hairline with Cell Renewal Toner, also on down neck area past where I cleanse---since Cleansing Oil is ph balanced I don't need Toner where oil is used.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    OMG........are you kidding me?? That is horrible, I hope that sucker rots in jail. Thats one selfish person, and one who actually believed they could get away with it, assuming they were caught.

A crime forum, lol, oh dear, I would never sleep . Skincare is a much happier place to be!

Thank you for explaining how you use your cleansing oil I was going to ask you. I can't wait for it to arrive. Her things usually only take a few days to get to me. I should have it by the end of the week.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@msboo , I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cleanser from NCN. But I don't think I got the same one you did.......I got the Multi Acid cleansing gel. I believe you got the Cleansing oil, right? At first it made my eyes water but after 1-2 uses I love it. I must have ordered it by mistake, oh well, its turned out to be really good. She also sent a sample of the Retinol.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @msboo, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cleanser from NCN. But I don't think I got the same one you did.......I got the Multi Acid cleansing gel. I believe you got the Cleansing oil, right? At first it made my eyes water but after 1-2 uses I love it. I must have ordered it by mistake, oh well, its turned out to be really good. She also sent a sample of the Retinol.
    OK, you got an exfoliating cleanser with 4 different acids, AHAs (surface) & a BHA (pores), YES watch your eyes---one her Best Sellers! Good for you, gymrat! Yes, mine is the Cleansing Oil, great for my sensi skin. I may want to try her Lemon Cream cleanser at some point if she thinks my skin will tolerate it, a single acid (Lactic, AHA so surface only). Hey, since using it I like her newer micro cloth better. I'm gentle using the new one but can use it every morning---I have to watch my self when using the waffle & can use it every other or third day.

I absolutely LOVE Nanci's products. Would make up my own but she really knows how to formulate, best results. Wish I'd jumped on the NCN bandwagon long before now. I now look forward to applying/wearing SS, where I hated it before. Reading her blog, a customer did experience some balling up when apply foundation over it... Nanci said the foundation needed to have the same type SS for it not to ball up (need to look that up again). I'm only wearing some powder now but next Fall will need foundation as weather cools, need to find a new one.

Loved hearing about your Mult-Acid Cleanser. I'm using her Retinol & love it.... how do you like it so far?

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements