Skin Care Talk banner

CONS of using Careprost

23K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hello! I am new to Skin Care Talk and there are just so many things I want to discuss!

One being Eyelash Growth Serums. I see that Careprost has gotten some of the best reviews here and I want to try it but I have a few concerns:

I actually have pretty full/long eyelashes. But due to using mascara everyday, I feel that they are thinning. I was thinking of just trying Castor Oil on them, but from reading on here I feel that Careprost would be more effective. I am only worried about side-effects or eyelash growth serums gone wrong. I would hate to try something on my eyeslashes and lose then ones I already have and not be able to grow them back.

#2 ·
What do you mean eye lash serums gone wrong? I've used both Latisses and Careprost they have the same active ingredients, you get the same exact results from using a $100 product as you do from using a $12 product. Who can complain about that? I've never had one issue or side effect from using either. Work amazingly well, like any other product, use consistently for 6 weeks and you will see noticeable results. One drop on the brush is plenty for both eyes and brows. http://www.skincaretalk.com/products/careprost-eyelash-enhancer/reviews/7525

#4 ·
It can permanently stain your eyeball or change the color/darken your iris; it doesn't happen to everyone but it can happen.  Google "Careprost darkening iris" or "staining eyeball" etc
Your not applying it too your eyeball. You are applying this to your lash line, and minimal amount. Not even enough that it would seep into your eye. Not saying there aren't some kind of side effect when using Careprost, but this goes for anything you use or apply. Heck walking across the street you risk being hit by a car.........so with anything you do there is a risk. If I feared everything, I wouldn't get very far in life ;). Careprost is WELL worth the money, and provides amazing results!! It contains the same active ingredient Latisse does. Only difference is the price $12 vs $100..........I'll take Careprost :icon_cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.