Skin Care Talk banner

Seven Day Juice Cleanse for that summer body to go with the flawless skin!

44K views 385 replies 25 participants last post by  TRIUMPH 
#1 ·
Seven Day Juice Cleanse for that summer body to go with the flawless skin!

So ashmoney2 has decided she wants to do a 7 day juice cleans to kick start her weight loss program for summer. Ladies and gentlemen we all need that body to compliment the lovely skin we are working to achieve so let's do this!!1f4831f4831f44d

#209 ·
gymrat its been ok you know hun, come 8 o'clock which is usually my munchers time I felt like giving in but I drank two glasses and went to bed. Its difficult as I still have to prepare food for my son. Day 2 and I feel ok, my tongue is coated which means the toxins are leaving my body. My flu feels like its getting better too. I've made juice for today and tomorow as I'm going to be out for the whole day so am bringing a 2 litre bottle of juice with me. I'm realising how much I eat to pass the time. My whole world revolves around food. Just researching what type of diet I'm going to so once I've finished my fast. Thinking to go raw or vegetarian/vegan or prob just to eat clean like the instagram gym girls. Looking forward to seeing the results!

#210 ·
I was not able to join the juicing challenge as my doctor advice against it, he said for me to go on such fast I have to be under medical supervision so for now I'm leaving it until I can go under medical supervision, but I will incorporate the juices in my diet and eat less for at least a week at least, I'm sure I will still reap some benefits I will go on the cleanse when my doctor is ready to supervise me, I'm on different kinds of medications which I take for like 5 times daily, I wish you all that are partaking in the cleanse all the best:heart:

#211 ·
Let me share mine with people who can't :D.
Ok. So, I thought the juicing would make me poo more but its day 2 and all I do is urinate......isn't it weird? ashmoney2 So I got more fruits for my juice to blend against tomorrow and I picked avocado. Just wondering what I'd do with it and how it would taste. I got watermelon Grapes Cucumber Apple Orange Lemon (love lemon so I add a splash to everything) Avocado Ginger Guava Carrot Pumkin leaves (ugu) Spinach HippieNerd boo boo, pls from the list, what do you think would be good mixed with the avocado......lol, just got whatever fruit I could find with the exception of paw paw, shawa-sup, banana.

#217 ·
gymrat yeh I am the same, I love my cooking and I cook healthy meals. Its more the amount I eat that is a problem. I've drunk a litre of water today and yesterday, I usually drink 2 a day. nwababy you can't juice avocado's or banana's hun. The juicer will just spit it back out into the waste. They are excellent for smoothies tho. Maybe use it as a face mask. I normally eat 4 avocado's a week, love em! I have been number 2 since sunday either. I forgot my diet tea at my other place and I still need to collect my enema from the PO. Will get it tomoro and do them daily. At around 11am I got a headache and felt a bit weak so slept for an hour with baby and woke up feeling energised, so far so good. We'll see how tomoro goes when I go out and have to fight the temptation of food 1f633263a

#218 ·
gymrat yeh I am the same, I love my cooking and I cook healthy meals. Its more the amount I eat that is a problem. I've drunk a litre of water today and yesterday, I usually drink 2 a day. nwababy you can't juice avocado's or banana's hun. The juicer will just spit it back out into the waste. They are excellent for smoothies tho. Maybe use it as a face mask. I normally eat 4 avocado's a week, love em! I have been number 2 since sunday either. I forgot my diet tea at my other place and I still need to collect my enema from the PO. Will get it tomoro and do them daily. At around 11am I got a headache and felt a bit weak so slept for an hour with baby and woke up feeling energised, so far so good. We'll see how tomoro goes when I go out and have to fight the temptation of food 1f633263a
Chew gum!! :D

#224 ·
gymrat would def love to make some for you. Luckily for me avocados are cheap but I was of the impression that its fatty and didn't eat much, maybe twice a week lol + peoplesay if am acne prone I shouldn't eat so much. ashmomey2I don't think avocado on my face is a good idea cos am oily skin and break out easily. HippieNerd yes hun am trying to detoxify and you are so right about leafy greeans. I made anothe batch this night and have made up my mind to drink this for 7days first and last juice of the day. What other fruit or veggie helps detox? Lemon, cucumber? Does spinach counts too. Thanks so much, seriously, wish I could be your twin lol, your knowledge is invaluable

#226 ·
@HippieNerd yes hun am trying to detoxify and you are so right about leafy greeans. I made anothe batch this night and have made up my mind to drink this for 7days first and last juice of the day. What other fruit or veggie helps detox? Lemon, cucumber? Does spinach counts too. Thanks so much, seriously, wish I could be your twin lol, your knowledge is invaluable
When I do a detox leafy greens is all I'll drink for 2-3 days. Sometime I'll add grind up flax seed to give it a more of a boost. Or I'll add some fruits to give it a fruity taste from time to time.

Yes, spinach do count as well. When you juice just add more spinach and that should send you to the bathroom lol. You're welcome sweetie, haha I'm glad I can be a help.
You can blend cucumber, spinach (just add more to your blender) and a lemon (since you like lemon).

Here are some leafy greens that's good for detoxification
Kale
Spinach
Green apples (you can add this in with your leafy greens)
Cucumbers
Celery stalks
Pineapple (you can add this in with your leafy greens)
Ginger (you can add this in with your leafy greens)
Grapefruits (you can add this in with your leafy greens)
Carrots (you can add this in with your leafy greens)
Romaine lettuce
Parsley (fresh of course)
Beets

This is a few things you can blend to make detox juicing. I'll add a few detox recipes to help if your interested in the juicing thread.

#232 ·
gymrat yesterday I went to be at 8pm. I was craving a toasted sandwich so bad. Lol. Felt very dehydrated during the night so have been backing water. Its 8am now and I don't feel hungry at all. Just drinking lemon water. I find the late evenings is when my cravings are strongest. I feel great. I've juiced: Beets Broccoli Cabbage (3 types) Apples Pears Chillis (really good) Ginger Melon Cucumber Kale Spinach Lemon Pineapple Still have Brussels sprouts and butter nut Squash to try.

#233 ·
Hello guys..I'm pregnant and a little under weight now doctor said I should gain about 20-35 pounds because of the baby.. I want to juice but drink smoothies as Well to try and a gain some weight Will I still reap the same benefits from drinking both or do I have to choose one or the other? How many times per day do u guys do the juicing

#234 ·
how much are you under weight that you are advised to gain 20-30pounds(10-15kg). I got pregnant with 48kg and gained 8kg and wasn't told to gain weight it just happened. Personally I think you as a pregnant person have to eat healthy and you can drink a smoothie within your meals. No fasting'detoxing during pregnancy living and eating healthy is the new motto. JustMyTwoCents

#246 ·
I plan to juice daily with carrots because I love them I even eat them raw lol
Are you purchasing this online? OR in the store dear? 400 watts is nice sweetie, get what you can afford. Less to greater doesn't mean the less isn't good. Because sometimes the greater can be bad! Personally I'm not going to spend $200 for a 750 watt juicer. A juicer is a juicer as long as it works and you getting all your nutrients from it. I'm a carrot lover as well raw and through juice the taste is just amazing and the texture too.

#255 ·
i just found this thread, hope its not to late to join? i'v had it in my head to do a juice fast for a while, but i'v not had motivation. i'v used my juicer just once, and that was 2 years ago, stopped because clean up was too cumbersome and i didn't have a nanny then. Please who's starting thursday?

#257 ·
i just found this thread, hope its not to late to join? i'v had it in my head to do a juice fast for a while, but i'v not had motivation. i'v used my juicer just once, and that was 2 years ago, stopped because clean up was too cumbersome and i didn't have a nanny then. Please who's starting thursday?

It's never too late to join sweetie! Start when you're comfortable to start babes.

Quote: Originally Posted by jano brown

@HippieNerd I know you ladies said juice.. how about if I blend the greens and thrown in like a mongoe to make the consistency thick, like a smoothie? Will I still be able to get even half of the benefits of the juice?
If you want to make smoothies that's fine too sweetie. It doesn't matter if you juice or do juice smoothies. You'll still get the benefits you need, as long as it's all pure fruit and leafy greens.

#261 ·
So I lasted 6 days 1f6481f6481f648. Been beating myself about it but done I thought nah, 6 days is still good. I will be doing it every month on the 25th for a least 3 days. My acne has cleared up completely and my mum says I look slimmer. How did you all get on? Xx

#262 ·
So I lasted 6 days 1f6481f6481f648. Been beating myself about it but done I thought nah, 6 days is still good. I will be doing it every month on the 25th for a least 3 days. My acne has cleared up completely and my mum says I look slimmer. How did you all get on? Xx
6 days is great! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Health is different to everybody. As long as you feel good with yourself and current health, that's all that matters.

#268 ·
I bought pumpkin leaves and someone help me to harvest moringa leave so I kept in the fridge. Yestaday I bought watermelons pineapples oranges and carrots I could not get cucumber and apple it was already late. I want to give juicing a try even when I don't have a juicer I can try with a blender for a start. I'm also afraid I will cheat as I love coffee and meats and can't survive without them but normally I don't eat much I drink more this make my family look at me as if I'm sick. I was thinking maybe this will nourish me in someway. Nourishing for a start. If I ever do this I will still cheat.

#269 ·
I've been juicing for a few days.. And boy do I love the taste of the fresh fruits! I felt like a little kid tasting fruit juice for the first time, I juice with pure vegetables in the morning and at night I juice fruits only with my meal *yummy* but of course all that came to an end when my grandma started hating and took her juicer back *indian giver* so I will be going out today to get another One :D

#270 ·
:rotfl: @ Indian giver!! I started slowly since Thursday I have had it morning veg and evening fruit as well I want to start with one day then two as I'm training for my 5k run. I will try to do a week after my marathon.

#273 ·
Well I started reading this thread at about 2 am, fell asleep around page 4, & finished reading soon as I woke up. I already made up my mind from the first page to start today. I loaded up on groceries 2 days ago, like I knew. & yeah, even though I loaded up on all sorts of bread (my fave & mostly only carb), I've been a health-conscious eater for the loooongest time. So my plan (already on it) is to fast until 6pm today & tomorrow, then start juicing Monday through Sunday. (Lawd help me when my meat craving sets in!) Did I mention I'm a hardcore CARNIVORE? As much as I try to cook my meat in healthy ways I COULD NEVER GIVE UP MEAT. Okay, after the 7-day juice-drinking, it's on to salads & soups the next 2 days, then slowly add (healthy) stuff back on. I'll throw all my bread in the freezer, next to my other (main) downfall & treat myself every Saturday after the whole thing. I'll try to continue this detox method & do it every month. I'll update y'all. Thank you ashmoney2 for this amazing thread. No blames on you for not cc-ing me cos I just "met" you. Good job girl. :five:

#296 ·
Hey everyone.... What do you think about Bitter Melon juice or smoothie for liver detox and clear skin? I have seen people using Beet roots or grapefruits for liver detox but I wonder why no one talks about Bitter melons?
Never had it. It's not a common melon for those of us in the states. Its mostly grown in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. Whats it taste like??

#295 ·
I just came for a quick question hoping to get an answer asap. I've been having one of my killer migraines since yesterday, off & on, accompanied w/ nausea (#2, throwing up, the works). Regardless, I started my cleanse this morning. The migraine is back w/ a revenge (I'm having trouble keeping my eyes focused typing this). Question is, do I go ahead & take my migraine medication? & please I don't wanna stop. I don't know when next I'll get this kind of determination. I hate quitting.

#297 ·
Pink I wouldn't bother with starting this until you feel better. Not to mention you should probably eat something prior to taking your migraine medication. Taking any kind of medication on an empty stomach is not a good thing. Turn the lights off, and lay down........stay hydrated!! Hope you feel better :hugs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.