Skin Care Talk banner

Seven Day Juice Cleanse for that summer body to go with the flawless skin!

44K views 385 replies 25 participants last post by  TRIUMPH 
#1 ·
Seven Day Juice Cleanse for that summer body to go with the flawless skin!

So ashmoney2 has decided she wants to do a 7 day juice cleans to kick start her weight loss program for summer. Ladies and gentlemen we all need that body to compliment the lovely skin we are working to achieve so let's do this!!1f4831f4831f44d

#2 ·
Thanks @virginskin1 I'm hoping to start this on the 25th of this month. My skin has been terrible, I've been gaining weight and still have some post-pregnancy weight to loose. Just like lightening before exfoliating, I believe that taking supplements and caring for the skin on the outside is pointless if we are not caring for ourselves on the inside. For me this is going to be a 'reboot' of my body and health. During a Reboot, you’ll commit to consuming only fruit and vegetable juices for a period of time. I want to start with 7 days and then do at least 3 days per month. The goal is to help you break a cycle of an unhealthy lifestyle and simply enhance the quality of your diet by increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables. The results? Excess weight starts to pour off, your belly starts to flatten, your skin glows, you start to think more clearly and overall you are a happier, healthier person. When you consume only juice, your system is flooded with an abundance of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that help your body stay strong and vibrant. My goal is to lose weight, have a flatter stomach, healthy glowing skin (I'm going for that dewy look), and slow the signs of aging (I'm nearly 30). I also have some scars I need to get rid of and from my research Ive found out that allowing your digestive system to rest by consuming only liquids, your body will use that energy to heal other parts of your body. I'm super excited! Any input is appreciated and I will be updating daily with recipes and info etc. xx

#4 ·
These are some of the variations I am going to go with. Make sure your fruits and veg are fresh and try to buy organic. Also wash them well as you don't want to consume and pesticides. Brocolli Apple Carrot Ginger Pineapple Cucumber Ginger Carrot Apple Cucumber Kale Spinach Apple carrot Beet root Cucumber Apple Ginger Spinach Red cabbage Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries Tomato Lettuce Bell pepper Carrot For those who do not have a juicer you can use a blender and then strain the ingredients through a cheesecloth.

#5 ·
I'll be drinking hot water with lemon in the mornings The first 4 days are the hardest. You'll feel like crap as your body is getting rid of toxins so its best to start when you can be at home and away from the temptations of fast food. After 4 days, your appetite and craving will disappear and you will feel more energetic. You should not eat any solids during this 7 Day Juice Fast Plan. It defeats the purpose of it. So stay away from any solids, you’ll be Just On Juice for seven days. I usually have 6-8 glasses of juice a day. My shopping list Apples- different types Cucumber Carrots Pineapple Kale Spinach Broccoli Bell peppers Tomato Lemon Ginger Cinnamon Strawberries Raspberries Blueberries Beetroot Red cabbage Melon Fresh herbs

#10 ·
nwababy u would not believe I thought of tagging u and hippie in as I think of u guys as adventurous like me 1f648. I have also bought one of those waist trainers as I had my tummy tuck done but have noticed the bulge re appearing

#14 ·
Ok. Ladies whilst doing this fast, I'm also going to be taking liposomal vitamin c and liposomal glutathione. Got this from a website: When you take standard form vitamin C, only about 20% of a 1,000-milligram serving of vitamin C will actually make it into the bloodstream, whereas manufactured Liposomal vitamin C has a 93% absorption rate. The more vitamin C infused into the body, the more nourishment it has to draw from. More importantly, liposomal vitamin C easily penetrates easily into the cell walls since it is now a lipid instead of water based. This provides near IV results with an oral dosage, which means you can get high amounts into the bloodstream without the risk of diarrhea which can occur with standard form vitamin C You can make it yourself quite cheaply. I've taken liposomal vitamin C (not consistently) but not glutathione. Just need to find a trusted supplier of glutathione powder.

#23 ·
Juicing machines are amazing!! But get ready for the clean up after using such. But the juice that it creates is very tasteful you don't got to add water or anything to it. Like you would with a blender! If non that's doing this challenge don't have a juicer you can always purchase a ninja or a nutribullet. You can sometimes catch both of them on sale! It's all types you can choose from, just choose the one for your everyday needs. But I know with the nutribullet you must add water. But you don't got to add much if you use more water based fruits mix with green leafy veggies.

#44 ·
I think one these artists in US either Bey or so did this sometime ago for 18days & the result was amazing cos she felt so light she could fly off the window. It will be great if one can be @ place or do less heavy work so as not cause more harm than good. @Ashmoney2 pumpkin leave is everywhere in Nigeria & cheap too cos we use it for virtually all our soups. I pray I can brace up & do this even if its just a little. Thanks for the head up Ashmoney2, VS1 & always Hippie

#76 ·
I have tried so many things and now am tired (10years). I just live healthy. Detoxing is a good thing. gymrat I love my coffee. I have cut off alcohol because of medication but one cup of coffee per day is a must for me.its like holiday for 15min.to me. Coffee the black gold

#77 ·
gymrat got ya 1f609 thanks x
gymrat i feel your pain girl but an addiction to caffeine is bad. Detoxing will eliminate your addiction. It will be hard but so worth it. However, if you do not want to give up your coffee than cutting out solids will still have a detox effect.
Hooray!! I changed your settings so your screen should look different :thumbsup: Ya, I need to take this one step at a time. I'd be afraid my husband would not care for me much if I juiced and gave up coffee all in the same week. I need to take baby steps if I am going to be successful and I won't even attempt it if I know I will fail. So I'll do the juicing and keep the coffee, otherwise I may be a BEAR!!
I have tried so many things and now am tired (10years). I just live healthy. Detoxing is a good thing. gymrat I love my coffee. I have cut off alcohol because of medication but one cup of coffee per day is a must for me.its like holiday for 15min.to me. Coffee the black gold
Yep, for me as well. I actually look forward to it every morning. It makes my day. I smell it as it's brewing and encourages me to get up with a smile on my face. :cheers: As for alcohol, I'm not a huge drinker, I'm a once a week drinker and it's usually Friday nights. I stay away from alcohol because to me its liquid calories I can consume in others ways.

#78 ·
Since it's every once in a while, it's fine so here you go!!! Juicing with VODKA here you go ladies and gents.

Hail Mary

Ingredients

• 3 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
  • 3 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1 white onion, quartered
  • 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Pinch freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 ounces vodka, or to taste
  • 2 trays ice
  • 4 sticks celery, optional garnish

Cooking Directions

1. Cut fresh ingredients to size. Juice. Makes about 4 cups. Pour into pitcher. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to fuse.
  2. Stir contents. Pour juice into tall ice-filled glasses. Add 1 ounce vodka to each glass. Stir before serving.

Cucumber Lime Cocktail
3 persian cucumbers or one regular cucumber
½ lime
1 large fuji apple
1 shot *your favorite vodka*

Cool Apple Vodka Ingredients
  • 2 shots vodka
  • 4-6 apples (enough to create about a pint of juice)
  • Handful of mint leaves
  • Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)

Directions Juice the apples and add the vodka. Wash and then tear up the mint leaves with your hands, this will help release the wonderfully refreshing mint flavours and aromas. Add the leaves to the drink and mix well. This recipe is best served within a minute or two of adding the mint so that the mint flavours have been absorbed and the juice is at its freshest. The apple juice will oxidise over time and turn brown. To slow down the process of oxidation you can add a few squeezes of lemon juice to the drink, not too many though or you will mask the wonderful combination of apple and mint.

Skinnygirl Sea Breeze

• 1 part Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
  • 3 parts cranberry juice
  • 1 part fresh grapefruit juice
  • 1 grapefruit slice for garnish

Green Dream

• 1 ounce Organic Avenue Giving Green juice
  • 2 ounces Organic Avenue apple juice
  • 1/2 ounce Organic Avenue lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 ounces Crop organic cucumber vodka

Skinny Fruit Salad

• 1 part Skinnygirl White Cherry Vodka
  • 1 part Pomegranate Juice
  • 2 parts fresh Orange/Tangerine Juice

#79 ·
Since it's every once in a while, it's fine so here you go!!! Juicing with VODKA here you go ladies and gents. 
Hail Mary   Ingredients
  • 3 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
  • 3 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1 white onion, quartered
  • 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Pinch freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 ounces vodka, or to taste
  • 2 trays ice
  • 4 sticks celery, optional garnish
    Cooking Directions
  1. Cut fresh ingredients to size. Juice. Makes about 4 cups. Pour into pitcher. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to fuse.
  2. Stir contents. Pour juice into tall ice-filled glasses. Add 1 ounce vodka to each glass. Stir before serving.
Cucumber Lime Cocktail 3 persian cucumbers or one regular cucumber ½ lime 1 large fuji apple 1 shot *your favorite vodka* Cool Apple Vodka Ingredients
  • 2 shots vodka
  • 4-6 apples (enough to create about a pint of juice)
  • Handful of mint leaves
  • Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
Directions Juice the apples and add the vodka. Wash and then tear up the mint leaves with your hands, this will help release the wonderfully refreshing mint flavours and aromas. Add the leaves to the drink and mix well. This recipe is best served within a minute or two of adding the mint so that the mint flavours have been absorbed and the juice is at its freshest. The apple juice will oxidise over time and turn brown. To slow down the process of oxidation you can add a few squeezes of lemon juice to the drink, not too many though or you will mask the wonderful combination of apple and mint.   Skinnygirl Sea Breeze

• 1 part Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
  • 3 parts cranberry juice
  • 1 part fresh grapefruit juice
  • 1 grapefruit slice for garnish

Green Dream

• 1 ounce Organic Avenue Giving Green juice
  • 2 ounces Organic Avenue apple juice
  • 1/2 ounce Organic Avenue lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 ounces Crop organic cucumber vodka
Skinny Fruit Salad

• 1 part Skinnygirl White Cherry Vodka
  • 1 part Pomegranate Juice
  • 2 parts fresh Orange/Tangerine Juice

BLESS YOU MY little Hippie........Now your talkin!! :icon_cheers: Gotta try at least one of these!! The first one sounds like an amazing bloody mary. The others sound amazing and I just might have to give a few of these a try on a Friday night. Ok, off to purchase a juicer, always wanted one!! But honestly had no reason for one until now!! Thanks ladies!! :hugs:

#89 ·
Benefits of carrot juice: Carrot is one of the most healing foods that provides the finest and highest quality in nutrients, especially from its juice. It is an excellent source of pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6. Acne: Its powerful cleansing properties are effective in detoxifying the liver, thus overall effective for acne which are caused by toxicity of the blood. Skin problems: The high quality vitamin C and other rich nutrients in carrot juice efficiently nourish the skin, preventing dry skin, psoriasis and other skin blemishes.

#90 ·
I see the challenge list is getting long. Hey gymrat and HippieNerd......nice to have you both;always a pleasure. Thanks for the recipe and I hope you post more cos drinking variety would keep the spirit happy. Has any one here heard of the 'Grape Cure' ?its a really wonderful way to detox and. Cleans the body and spirit. My Aunt who suffered from fibroid, was adviced to try the GC before resorting to surgery and My God! It worked like maggic; we had to go for a thanksgiving mass :D. Would do this after the Fruit/veggies week. Would talk more about it but its good we take all these one step @ a time so as not to feel overwhelmed. Happy Sunday beautiful people Xoxo

#92 ·
Benefits of beetroot juice Drinking beet juice regularly may be beneficial in the prevention and cure of inflammations including skin inflammation like acne. The juice also helps eliminate blemishes and promotes healthy skin and hair growth. Beetroot is simply amazing for the skin. It was believed that Aphrodite used to eat beetroot to retain her beauty. It purifies the blood from within and cleanses toxins and excess water from the body, imparting a healthy glow to the face Regular consumption will give you a fair and glowing complexion. Moreover, it promotes removal of the skin’s dead cells and replenishes it with new ones that give the skin a radiant glow Since it has powerful antioxidants, it benefits the skin and protects it from premature ageing by neutralizing free radicals effects. It also works as an anti-ageing substance and prevents wrinkles and fine lines. Lycopene found in beetroot juice maintains the skin elasticity and protects the skin from harsh sun rays. Thus, it protects against sun burn and skin cancer. You can also add beet juice to your clay mask, like multani mitti to make your skin fair and flawless. It will remove blemishes and dark spots if used regularly for a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.