Skin Care Talk banner

G&G+ Journey!

162K views 660 replies 53 participants last post by  hipvalley 
#1 ·
It's the end of week 1, and if I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. Special thanks to @gymrat and @virginskin. I am beyond words... The top photo is today. The bottom is a week ago today.

See less See more
#244 ·
I know you were as well as myself. It makes you have to be creative with your time. For myself, I spent it spending money online shopping, what else can one do.

Thank goodness we are back up and working, I can finally sit down and rest lol.

#252 ·
Hey hun, i am currently revamping my regi and trying new things as soon as i settle on the new regi i will post it and some pics as well. Check on the September thread though that is where i will post it! Sorry you couldn't log into your old account hope you have settled on a regi.:)

#253 ·
Yellow Peeling Oil Update:

I started YPO (yellow peeling oil 10%) on my face and feet+ankles on Sept 1. I used the 3x3 method for application and this time I used a foundation brush to apply it instead of my fingers. I did not do my neck.

Early this morning my face peeled like crazy.
I washed my face with the dead sea salt shea butter soap, which immediately expedited peeling. Even my hard to peel areas peeled, and I'm glad I did not use the 20% YPO. After I washed my face, I applied plain aloe vera gel. Not the medicated one. The clear one. It burned like the fires of hell for about 2 minutes. Then I applied Jamaican Black Castor oil which calmed it down. After a few hours of catnap, my face is clear and smooth. I swear its like a cashmere sweater. This application peeled my face well, however some spots which I expected to disappear only look significantly lighter. Currently, there is a reddish undertone although my natural undertone is yellow. I'm pretty sure that will go away in the next few days. I'm going to attirbute the redness to it being "new"skin.

#262 · (Edited)
Another chapter of YPO. So you guys know I did my face and my feet with 10% YPO. My face peeled excellently and took me up a shade so far. My feet, didn't do anything and the directions say to keep applying 3x3 until the peeling begins. I went ahead and did my legs, knees, and bikini area with 20% YPO. I used a foundation brush to apply it, and used short strokes to make sure I got every inch. I went over my knees twice each time. Once with my leg outstretched and then again with my knee bent. Forgot to mention that I shaved my legs before I did this. The first application stung a little but not too bad. Airflow/fanning helped to stop the sting. The other 2 applications didn't sting.

*Note: Meds got me through this and I started aching, so no thighs.

Nothing to tell much about the 20% YPO. Actually there doesn't seem to be much difference except the smell. This one has. Much stronger smell.

Fingers crossed, and I'll take pics when the peeling starts.

#265 ·
I contemplated the triangle but I choked at the last minute. The thought of hellfire in such a sensitive space overwhelmed me.
i did the shaving area. Outside the triangle. I'm in a no s** zone already because of my back. All that contorting and twisting and rocking and...I digress.
Let's just say, Its going to be a while. Lol

#272 ·
I really miss being on SCT constantly but on my side everything is fuzzy like the Forum list has no names just numbers & an arrow, I don't get emails notification anymore, don't know how to dm, don't know how to change my dp....
Updates on G&G
1) my dad is having that suspicious eye going on asking mum why I look like I'm glowing. That smelt like trouble to me..
2) my mum now has to show everyone my top head to prove I was suppose to be light but due to sun burns
3) I think G&G gave me a burn or it's the sun on my face..
That's about it for now. Just felt like sharing.
Love you guys

#279 ·
I'm so sorry. I thought I posted my September regimen and I did but not on this thread. Here is the most current one. Keep in Mind that for now I'm skipping face applications until my skin has healed from YPO.

FACE/NECK DAY:
- Wash with Glutathione/Kojic Acid soap
- Rosewater spritz
- Vitamin C Serum
- Rosehip Oil
- Sunscreen

BODY DAY: (skipping)

FACE/NECK NIGHT:
- Wash with G/KA soap
- SA Toner
- Nadinola (alt. +RA or Carotein)

BODY NIGHT: (showers)
- Wash with G/KA soap (alt. Clear Quick)
- F&W Brightening Serum
- G&G cream
- Carowhite Cream alt. Skinlight

******* special attention to hands & knees

HANDS
- (weekly application of Reviva Non-Chemical light peel)
- wash hands lightly with One with Nature dead sea minerals shea butter soap
- 10% GA
- Cerave SA lotion
- apply G&G oil
- apply rosehip seed oil as needed
- 3hr occlusions on lazy days

KNEES
- body night regimen
- + Maxi white serum
- + Maxi white Gel Creme

FEET
- Cerave SA Foot Cream
- Shea Butter

LAZY DAYS: (4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th, 24th, 28th)

FACE/NECK DAY:
- Wash with dead sea mud/salt soap
- Rosewater spray
- Vitamin C Serum
- Rose Hip Seed Oil
- Sunscreen

HEAD TO TOE NIGHT: (bath)
- mineral salt or dead sea salt bath with Rice Bran Oil
- dead sea mud/salt soap
- Carotein Cream
- Whipped Shea Butter

#280 · (Edited)
YPO Face Update & photo:

My total face average is officially NW43, and nose is lighter than the rest of my face. Its about an NC45 in the triangle. I have no idea what that's about. Face is now matching my chest area. Yaay!

When I did the YPO applications I also did my upper lipline. At first it wasn't on purpose but then I was consistent with the other applications and did it for the other 8 applications. I'm glad I did. My lipline is more pronounced and smoother. I've been getting more kisses from the husband over the last few days. He noticed it first, and he hardly ever notices anything. LOL

I thought this was going to be a one-and-done kind of process, but I guess faces are different. I also want to point out that YPO has Retinoic Acid in it - otherwise known as "RA". When I did the 0.1% RA+Nadinola layers, I had a similar result to what is going on now - peeling multiple times. I could be wrong but the strength of the RA seems to be the potency of the YPO. (There are 4 yellow peeling oils -> YPO 3%, YPO 5%, YPO 10%, and YPO 20%)

My face is tight! I mean if I smile, I'm going to crack. It feels like a face mask, a really really tight one.
Its itchy, although some people have said it stings. I'm washing my face with the Dead Sea Minerals soap. Washing in small circular motions going around my entire face, using one finger under the wash cloth. (Some flakes are coming off.) Patting-rinsing in sections with the wet washcloth. Then I steam my face with my wash cloth a few afterwards. This works great and it soothes immediately.

As my face air-dries, I can immediately feel my skin shrinking and becoming tight, then tighter, and tighter again. So, this isn't going to work. I need to move my face. Talking, eating, smiling, laughing, etc. all require the use of my cheeks. I can't move my cheeks with shiny-tight face going on. So...

- I tried plain water. Ooooh! It feels so good, then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back within 2 or 3 minutes.
- I tried rice bran oil (light oil). It worked about about 2 hrs and then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.
- I tried shea butter (medium-thickness butter). It worked a few hrs and then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.
- I tried CeraVe moisturizing lotion. It stung like hellfire! No more lotions until this is over. (Washed it off immediately.)
- I tried Jamaican Black Castor Oil (thick oil), and slathered it on. It worked for about 6+ hours, then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.

In each scenario, I did one-finger massages several times and flakes would come off. I decided that the Dead Sea wash + shea butter a couple of times a day was a good thing. I'll use the JBCO at night. During daytime if I have to go out, my sunscreen will be ok with the shea
butter, and the good thing is no white cast.

Yellow Head Neck Star Arm

#281 ·
YPO Face Update & photo:

My total face average is officially NW43, and nose is lighter than the rest of my face. Its about an NC45 in the triangle. I have no idea what that's about. Face is now matching my chest area. Yaay!

When I did the YPO applications I also did my upper lipline. At first it wasn't on purpose but then I was consistent with the other applications and did it for the other 8 applications. I'm glad I did. My lipline is more pronounced and smoother. I've been getting more kisses from the husband over the last few days. He noticed it first, and he hardly ever notices anything. LOL

I thought this was going to be a one-and-done kind of process, but I guess faces are different. I also want to point out that YPO has Retinoic Acid in it - otherwise known as "RA". When I did the 0.1% RA+Nadinola layers, I had a similar result to what is going on now - peeling multiple times. I could be wrong but the strength of the RA seems to be the potency of the YPO. (There are 4 yellow peeling oils -> YPO 3%, YPO 5%, YPO 10%, and YPO 20%)

My face is tight! I mean if I smile, I'm going to crack. It feels like a face mask, a really really tight one.
Its itchy, although some people have said it stings. I'm washing my face with the Dead Sea Minerals soap. Washing in small circular motions going around my entire face, using one finger under the wash cloth. (Some flakes are coming off.) Patting-rinsing in sections with the wet washcloth. Then I steam my face with my wash cloth a few afterwards. This works great and it soothes immediately.

As my face air-dries, I can immediately feel my skin shrinking and becoming tight, then tighter, and tighter again. So, this isn't going to work. I need to move my face. Talking, eating, smiling, laughing, etc. all require the use of my cheeks. I can't move my cheeks with shiny-tight face going on. So...

- I tried plain water. Ooooh! It feels so good, then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back within 2 or 3 minutes.
- I tried rice bran oil (light oil). It worked about about 2 hrs and then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.
- I tried shea butter (medium-thickness butter). It worked a few hrs and then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.
- I tried CeraVe moisturizing lotion. It stung like hellfire! No more lotions until this is over. (Washed it off immediately.)
- I tried Jamaican Black Castor Oil (thick oil), and slathered it on. It worked for about 6+ hours, then it absorbed and shiny-tight-face came back.

In each scenario, I did one-finger massages several times and flakes would come off. I decided that the Dead Sea wash + shea butter a couple of times a day was a good thing. I'll use the JBCO at night. During daytime if I have to go out, my sunscreen will be ok with the shea
butter, and the good thing is no white cast.
Great update sorry about your face!

#296 ·
September Update: Still laid up from the car accident but I managed to get quite a few things done this month and learn some lessons. For the most part, my hands and face took priority. YPO was the best thing I did all September. I love my freshly peeled face, and I can't express enough how important a good sunscreen is. Also, don't trust mirrors, they lie. Trust photos.

Lesson #1: YPO is GOOD
I bought mine on eBay in the 120ml bottle. I did YPO on my face, hands, legs, knees and feet. I think I'm addicted to that stuff. For me, YPO worked way better than the GPO. I used 20% YPO for feed, hands, knees and legs. I used 10% YPO on my face. I could have probably used 5% YPO on my face and done just as well. I would like to keep the 3% YPO RA maintenance solution stocked for use throughout the months from now on, either that or make better use of my Tretinoin tube. For those who want to try a peeling oil, I started a thread with alot of good info on it. (GPO/YPO for Bginners)

Note: Dummy me didn't begin lighteners soon enough and I started darkening. My feet and legs not so much, but my face definitely took a hit. I later found out that with YPO you should start lightening agents after a couple of days. Unlike GPO where you have to wait a good week at least. Reading is fundamental. I also pulled at the peel on my hands and on my legs, leaving PIH marks. I know. I know. Stupid thing to do. Now I see for myself that I don't want that to happen again. One more thing. I also learned NOT to put oil in my bath water. I put the oil on my legs, knees and hands before I got into the tub and the peeling was phenomenal when I got out. When I put the oil into my water, the results weren't as dramatic. My husband will be happy for a non-slippery shower in the morning.
Lesson #2: Glycolic Acid + Salicylic Acid is fantastic!
I was surfing the 'net during the SCT downtime and found an article about how these two together produce a powerful exfoliant. I've been using Reviva 10% GA and CeraVe SA to help keep my hands and knuckles in check and it works like a charm, and even better since doing the hands peel. (Glycolic acid smells like Elmer's glue. LOL) My hands are always soft, and I'm occluding with G&G oil and cream on lazy days.

Lesson #3: Daytime body neglect sucks
I'm still experimenting with different products and finding out what works. I have yet to find a daytime regimen that I will actually do. I think I'm going to need a single product that will serve for my whole body, maybe Carotone? I realize that by doing nothing during the day I am slowing my progress. I could double my shade jumps if I had an EASY day routine. If you have a recommendation, please share it.

Lesson #4: Lips matter
In all my lightening strategies, I've somehow forgotten about my dark lips. The lighter I get the darker they seem. Someone suggested using Vit Fee and while I didn't expect much in the way of results, I happened to get the last jar from an African store I frequent. After about 3 days I noticed a difference. My lips peel EVERY SINGLE DAY. Top and bottom. I apply at night and let it sink in, then apply one of my favorite clear lip balms. After a week of daily use, my lips are lighter and getting pinker. I'm using lipsticks and lip glosses less and less during the day. I'd like to be able to just gloss and go at some point. I think this is a good way to get there.

Lesson #5: Koren Italy Towels are the Business!
In America, that means that its really good. I completely underestimated those little towels. They get off everything. I mean everything on your skin. I dont know how I lived this long without them. I was using regular exfoliating gloves, and those don't come close to the type of exfoliation the KITs provide. I'll keep those in stock too.

Photos coming later after my nap

#301 ·
Sorry for the delay. Anyway, is it me or am I NC now instead of NW. I thought NW43 but maybe NC something.

Hands normalizing, finally.
Face tone is almost unified.
Legs lighter, have to peel them again. My knees took a hit from PIH.
Back is darker than front.
Chest and neck match. Progress from the August dog walking incident.
All in all I didn't do too badly.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Skin Arm Hand Muscle Joint

#306 ·
Sorry for the delay. Anyway, is it me or am I NC now instead of NW. I thought NW43 but maybe NC something.

Hands normalizing, finally.
Face tone is almost unified.
Legs lighter, have to peel them again. My knees took a hit from PIH.
Back is darker than front.
Chest and neck match. Progress from the August dog walking incident.
All in all I didn't do too badly.

View attachment 502
I've learnt some amazing lessons on this journey of yours... you're defo making good progress.

#329 ·
This thread had for me wanting to give GnG another try, this would make it my third time. I need a face regimen that doesn't include hq. This is what I was thinking, Amlactin layered with gng every night 5 nights a week and fnw so white cream+gel combo in the am and ofcause moisture on sat & sun what do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.