Skin Care Talk banner

Painfully dry skin on forehead doesn't heal, please help...

11K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ocres 
#1 ·
For the last 6 months or so, I have had these two patches on my forehead, which has gotten bigger and bigger. They are now the size of a couple golf balls. So doctors on two occasions over the past few months have told me to just moisturise it. However this is obviously not working, I was wondering if anyone on here could offer any solution or if anyone has similar problems?

Here are things I've tried:
- Moisturising after showers
- Moisturising and re applying whenever it gets itchy or flaky
- Minimal moisturising (as too much sometimes seems to make it very fragile)

Basically it goes in a cycle:
1. Red and smooth
2. Bumpy
3. Flaky
4. Cracked but healing
5. Extremely red
6. Repeat

And this cycles through probably every week or two

Please please help anything would be great, it is extremely distressing and agitating... can't get to sleep etc.

See less See more
#3 ·
I second gymmie's suggestion. I suffered from eczema for about 10 years, and it was through my research that I stumbled upon this website/forums. There doesn't seem to be any one method that works for everyone, and what works one week may not work the next. I also added at times calendula, primrose, borage, emu, and rosehip seed to mostly jojoba. I would start with jojoba initially and then just wait and try adding some of these other oils, one at a time. Some of these oils can cause breakouts.

If it's primarily on the forehead, I'm sure you have already tried pinning your hair away from your face, looked at different shampoos, conditioners, soaps, etc. If it's not external that's causing the irritation, then you can try going on an elimination diet to see if that helps. Also, getting about 20 minutes indirect sunlight and/or Vitamin D intake can help because it will boost your immune system. I experimented for years before I finally got rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.