Lactic peel milder than glycolic? Advice? - Page 2

Thread: Lactic peel milder than glycolic? Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Longway View Post
    Gymrat ... Hi love
    @Longway , haven't seen you in a long time!! How are things?? What products are you using these days?? Have you started back with Obagi??
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hey gymster... Things are alright. I'm not gonna get back on Obagi. It gave great!!! Results but I don't like the fact that it's only temporary. I really need to attack this permatan so I'm jus doing glycolic peels. Hopefully after a while this can get rid of my permatan. I'm am however considering using something like IKB products with the alpha arbutin along with the peels. But since I'm doing peels right now I will only be able the apply the lightener alone. I won't be able to apply Retin A along with the lightener like I usually do. I am about to start my Ga Lotion on my body and then start some body peels after about a month... It will be my first time working on my body

So This is my plan:

FACE • GA Peels 30% right now
    • Natural Lightener (possibly)

Neck • LA Peels 30% now, 40% hopefully soon

Body • GA Lotion 15%
    • GA Peels in about a month

What products are u currently using?

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @Longway, haven't seen you in a long time!! How are things?? What products are you using these days?? Have you started back with Obagi??

Quote Originally Posted by Longway View Post
    Hey gymster... Things are alright. I'm not gonna get back on Obagi. It gave great!!! Results but I don't like the fact that it's only temporary. I really need to attack this permatan so I'm jus doing glycolic peels. Hopefully after a while this can get rid of my permatan. I'm am however considering using something like IKB products with the alpha arbutin along with the peels. But since I'm doing peels right now I will only be able the apply the lightener alone. I won't be able to apply Retin A along with the lightener like I usually do. I am about to start my Ga Lotion on my body and then start some body peels after about a month... It will be my first time working on my body

So This is my plan:

FACE • GA Peels 30% right now
    • Natural Lightener (possibly)

Neck • LA Peels 30% now, 40% hopefully soon

Body • GA Lotion 15%
    • GA Peels in about a month

What products are u currently using?
    @Longway , I am praying to the weather Gods to bring on cooler weather so I can dive into my jar of G&G. I have done a few LA peels here and there but would like to do a TCA if the weather would cooperate.

Ooooooohhhhh please let me know how your neck handles the 30%-40% LA peel. I have used a bit of mandelic on my neck but never was ballsy enough to try LA. Do let me know how this works for you.

Obagi the love product . Love the results when using it, hate having to stop.

I think its a product that needs to be used off and on. Once you have your desired results, use it as a short maintenance product a couple months out of the year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Just a little update. I started using the 10% glycolic lotion daily. And it worked great to give my skin a chance to tolerate the glycolic acid. I'm now using the 30% peel again. With no irritation at all. Before I was even frosting quite badly when I applied it. Now it's not frosting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopu View Post
    Just a little update. I started using the 10% glycolic lotion daily. And it worked great to give my skin a chance to tolerate the glycolic acid. I'm now using the 30% peel again. With no irritation at all. Before I was even frosting quite badly when I applied it. Now it's not frosting at all.
    Did u diy ur 10% ga lotion? If yes can u giv me recipe?

@ gymrat pls giv me recipe for 10% ga. I av 80%. Wanna make 200mls total volume or thereabouts

Quote Originally Posted by kookieskin View Post
    Did u diy ur 10% ga lotion? If yes can u giv me recipe?

@ gymrat pls giv me recipe for 10% ga. I av 80%. Wanna make 200mls total volume or thereabouts
    Adding 1 ounce of your 80% GA to your base lotion will give you 10% GA lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Adding 1 ounce of your 80% GA to your base lotion will give you 10% GA lotion.
    Thnx do much gymmie

Quote Originally Posted by kookieskin View Post
    Thnx do much gymmie
    Your very welcome!!

I've done two combo Jessners 15% TCA peels. One at the end of March and another early June. I tolerated the first one well. The second one was more intense and it took a lot longer for the redness to go away. It did manage to lighten much of my melasma, but I want to eliminate it. So, I bought some 30% lactic acid figuring this would help in between TCA peels. I have a 30% lactic acid peel that I have yet to try. I have a few questions, and I know you ladies are the experts. First, how long should I leave this peel on since I have used TCA prior? Second, I use Retin A. How do I incorporate lactic acid peel while using Retin A. I know I should stop Retin A for at least 48 hours before doing a lactic acid peel, but how long after can I restart my Retin A. Also, I don't understand how 30% lactic acid peels can be done up to 2x a week while using Retin A. The balancing act of skin care can seem complicated to me.

bump.

i would also like to know about the RA/LA ^^^

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements