Only gone and done it! My TCA journey - Page 3

Thread: Only gone and done it! My TCA journey

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    So while we're on the subject, I did a three-layer 18% MUAC TCA a week ago today. I have barely peeled ... did not frost at all. I think it's flaked off some. I've moisturized consistently But wondering...should I have done a 4th layer until it frosted or should I move up the strength to 24%? And will I receive any benefit at all from this peel?
    @hopeful to me it sounds like you need to up the %. 3-4 layers sounds like a lot and if your not frosting then I'd move up to the 24% Although you say you moisturised? Your defeating the purpose if you moisturiser.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, Neom! I think I'd misunderstood ... I'd heard in the past that you should moisturize during the peel process. I guess I'll try it the other way next time ... and likely will use up my 18% with 4-5 layers, then move onto the 24%. Hope you're getting good results.

Thanks, Neom! I think I'd misunderstood ... I'd heard in the past that you should moisturize during the peel process. I guess I'll try it the other way next time ... and likely will use up my 18% with 4-5 layers, then move onto the 24%. Hope you're getting good results.
    Happy New Year @hopeful

Is this peel from MUAC and one you recently purchased meaning it hasn't expired??

I am with Neom, ......I moisturize only enough to be comfortable after my peels. I moisturize around my mouth to be able to eat and smile semi normal, and that's about it. I apply neosporin right after the peel and keep it on until any pink or redness has subsided. Other than this I splash with water, and pat dry.

Be sure you are drinking lots of water this too will help keep your skin hydrated.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Happy New Year @hopeful

Is this peel from MUAC and one you recently purchased meaning it hasn't expired??

I am with Neom, ......I moisturize only enough to be comfortable after my peels. I moisturize around my mouth to be able to eat and smile semi normal, and that's about it. I apply neosporin right after the peel and keep it on until any pink or redness has subsided. Other than this I splash with water, and pat dry.

Be sure you are drinking lots of water this too will help keep your skin hydrated.
    What are the main benefits of a TCA peel compared to an LA peel ... ???

Also, TCA is only for face unlike LA peels which you can do on the whole body - Right ?? @gymrat
    Last edited by AIME; 01-03-2016 at 03:59 AM.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

Thanks, Gymmie ... yes, it was from MUAC ... I just got it a few days before I used it (Dec. 27 was the date I did the peel). I moisturized heavily all week, thinking that was the best way to go. I'll likely try it again ASAP (which may mean a few months, as I work fulltime). Happy New Year!

Aimee ... I use TCA to help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay ... also, I think it keeps the tone of my skin fresher and more vibrant. I've never used an LA peel Gymmie likely can fill you in on differences.

BTW ... great signature line from I COR.!

Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post
    What are the main benefits of a TCA peel compared to an LA peel ... ???

Also, TCA is only for face unlike LA peels which you can do on the whole body - Right ?? @gymrat
    There is a big difference, when you apply LA, you feel more of an itch, with TCA, you will feel a burn. Sorry about the font of this post, my computer has a mind of its own tonight here is a bit more of the difference between the two-

LA -is more of a good exfoliator, penetrates the epidermis-only. A good all around peel for the beginner.

TCA -
    is not a begginers peel. Its a d
    eeper peeling class of acids used for acne, lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, scarring. Longer lasting results, more intensive. TCA penetrates the epidermis, into the upper layers of the dermis, producing a more effective peel. Depending on the % of TCA used, there will be some down time.

Thanks, Gymmie ... yes, it was from MUAC ... I just got it a few days before I used it (Dec. 27 was the date I did the peel). I moisturized heavily all week, thinking that was the best way to go. I'll likely try it again ASAP (which may mean a few months, as I work fulltime). Happy New Year!
    For sure give it another try when time allows, and try to not moisturize as much. Also, use your RA every night leading up to the TCA and it will help prep your skin a bit. Be sure to degrease you face good prior to applying the peel as well, you can use witch hazel, or any toner you have.

Keep me posted on how things go with round 2!!

Will do and thanks much, Gymmie!

Aimee ... I use TCA to help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay ... also, I think it keeps the tone of my skin fresher and more vibrant. I've never used an LA peel Gymmie likely can fill you in on differences.

BTW ... great signature line from I COR.!

@hopeful : Thanks my dear ... LOVE is really the greatest thing ... And God is Love ... Btw, Aime means Love (in french) ...

Looks like Imma brace myself and do a TCA now ... The benefits are a great incentive... Thanks for sharing ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements