Skin Care Talk banner

HipValley's Journey

180K views 563 replies 51 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm starting over! Well, not exactly "over" but you know what I mean... a brand new start.

For those of you who've been following my old journey, you know that I have the attention span of a gnat. I get distracted by new products very easily, and usually it works in my favor. I probably won't deviate from that, and as always tell you all about the products I'm using and how they work or don't work.

Here's my trial and error journey ---> http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/41484-G-G-Journey!

First, just a few things:

1. I love to peel. Something about freshly peeled skin brings me joy. I use Retinoic Acid peels (YPO+RA) which I get on eBay. Most times I'm using 10%, and for maintenance I use 3%. Hands and feet use 20%. I do the 3x3 applications. (3 applications, 15 mins between, for 3 consecutive days.)

2. I switch between 3 combos: KA+HQ (kojic acid + hydroquinone), RA+HQ (retinoic acid + hydroquinone), and GA+SA (glycolic acid + salicylic acid). Not always in any particular order, and not always in timing with my regimen. I get bored of using the same stuff over and over.

3. My current starting shade is NC45 in MAC. I think my ideal shade is NC42, and I'm almost there!!

Here's my regimen:

FACE/NECK DAY:
- Wash with Glutathione + KA soap
- Rosewater spritz
- Vitamin C Serum
- Rosehip Oil
- Sunscreen
- Makeup

FACE/NECK NIGHT:
- Wash with Glutathione + KA soap
- SA Toner
- Nadinola Cream

BODY DAY:
- Wash with Asantee Tamarind & Goat’s Milk
- Carotone Lotion + Oil
- OR Fair & White AHA Lotion

BODY NIGHT: (showers)
- F&W Brightening Serum
- G&G cream
- Caro White Cream (alt Skin Light)

ALT. BODY NIGHT: (showers)
- F&W Brightening Serum
- Carotein Cream
- Amlactin Lotion

========== special attention to hands, feet & knees

HANDS
- Soak and KIT hands with Dead Sea Soap
- Alpha Hydrox 14% GA Serum
- wait 30 mins Cerave SA lotion
+ moisturizing lotion during the day
+ 3hr occlusions (lazy days) G&G oil + cream

KNEES
- Kojic Acid Cream, OR SA+GA

FEET
- Cerave SA Foot Cream
- Whipped Shea Butter
- Ankle Socks

==============================

LAZY DAYS (baths)
Every 4th day: 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th, 24th, 28th

FACE/NECK DAY:
- Wash with Dead Sea soap
- Rosewater spray
- Vitamin C Serum
- Rosehip Oil
- Sunscreen

HEAD TO TOE NIGHT: (bath w/ KIT)
- Epsom Salt bath
- Dead Sea Mud/Salt Soap
- Whipped Shea Butter

See less See more
#470 ·
Great to see you @hipvalley :hugs: so glad you found some gloves at Wally World the best money you will ever spend.....I'm telling you!! Its the simple things in life that save us the most! I will think of you when I put my gloves on to drive :drive:.......always feel like I'm the only one on the planet that thinks about protecting my hands at all times. It's turned into a great habit though!!

Hey, Neutrogena has a new zinc SS (21.6% in SPF50 and 18% in SPF30), next time you are out and about, look for it. I ordered it online it hasn't arrived yet, but will let you know what I think.
http://www.neutrogena.com/product/m...inc-+suncreen+lotion+broad+spectrum+spf+50.do

#471 ·
@gymrat, I was typing so fast trying to get everything out that I forgot to say that the gloves were $3.00. Yes, Girl! $3.00. I had to do a little jig in Walmart. LOL!! I love my gloves. They are stylish and they match my ride. The material is some kind of weird thin leather that lets me text on my phone if I need to. I'll post a photo.

:cowdance:

OOOH! That Neutrogena looks like a winner. Gymmie, I'mma need you to stop sending me to the store - although you find really great finds. I'd like to have some kind of skin budget to stick to this year. You know I'm a shopaholic!

#472 ·
@gymrat, I was typing so fast trying to get everything out that I forgot to say that the gloves were $3.00. Yes, Girl! $3.00. I had to do a little jig in Walmart. LOL!! I love my gloves. They are stylish and they match my ride. The material is some kind of weird thin leather that lets me text on my phone if I need to. I'll post a photo.

:cowdance:

OOOH! That Neutrogena looks like a winner. Gymmie, I'mma need you to stop sending me to the store - although you find really great finds. I'd like to have some kind of skin budget to stick to this year. You know I'm a shopaholic!
$3.00 is a heck of a deal :goldcup: you win on that find, I need to shop with you!!

Ok, so.......Here's the SS......I am going to try the SPF30 with 18% the SPF50 with 21% left way too much of a cast on me. I will give it a test drive the next few days and let you know what I think. $11.99 for 3 ounces, and you should be able to find it locally. Looks like this @hipvalley and I promise I won't tempt you with anything else......just makin sure you wear a good SS to protect those beautiful hands your creating :sunshine::p
Material property Skin care

#477 ·
So I'm holding at NW43 and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why all my lightening power tools weren't working. I have one word for you... SMOKING! (Dang Newport cigs)

I decided to quit and I've cut back significantly. Lo, and behold on day 2 I noticed brighter skin, lighter everything, and better peeling. I don't know what possessed me to start again, but now I know that the cigs are killing my progress from the inside. I want to quit so bad, but the urges are so annoying that I break down and smoke - then comes the guilt. UGH!

Anyway, like I've said, I've cut back significantly and each week I do a little less. One day at a time I guess. Meanwhile, I did buy the "PREMIUM EXTRA STRENGTH WHITENING SOAP W/ GLUTATHIONE, GOAT'S MILK, ROSEHIP, AND KOJIC ACID" from Flawless Beauty and Skin, and that stuff works! One bar took me about 2 weeks and noticeable progress. The bad part, is that as soon as you stop with it, you begin to revert. Obviously, you have to use it and something else to keep your shades, but if you need a boost, this soap will do it. I use mine with a KIT cloth and it cleans well, and smells ok. Not great, just ok.

Soap Pink Product Bar soap Cosmetics

My plan is to keep up on my regimen this month (April), and to get back into the rhythm of doing everything the right way. I only want about 2 shades up, so it shouldn't take forever to do that.

I'm still using the Bare Minerals Gel in Chestnut for the most part, but I'm slowly graduating to the Clinique "
Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation + Concealer" in Golden. It's almost a perfect match in the T-zone but my cheeks and chin area are still darker. Not like the bearded lady or anything, just slightly darker. LOL! The color difference is slight, and I'm a neutral tone. The Bare Minerals is a light coverage which can be layered but I never do. I dont have that kind of time. The Clinique is medium to full coverage but as I said, I can't wear it as a full face yet.

On the inside, I'm taking MSM pills which are more helpful to my hair than my complexion, but I think thats due to the smoking mostly...

#481 ·
So I'm holding at NW43 and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why all my lightening power tools weren't working. I have one word for you... SMOKING! (Dang Newport cigs)

I decided to quit and I've cut back significantly. Lo, and behold on day 2 I noticed brighter skin, lighter everything, and better peeling. I don't know what possessed me to start again, but now I know that the cigs are killing my progress from the inside. I want to quit so bad, but the urges are so annoying that I break down and smoke - then comes the guilt. UGH!

Anyway, like I've said, I've cut back significantly and each week I do a little less. One day at a time I guess. Meanwhile, I did buy the "PREMIUM EXTRA STRENGTH WHITENING SOAP W/ GLUTATHIONE, GOAT'S MILK, ROSEHIP, AND KOJIC ACID" from Flawless Beauty and Skin, and that stuff works! One bar took me about 2 weeks and noticeable progress. The bad part, is that as soon as you stop with it, you begin to revert. Obviously, you have to use it and something else to keep your shades, but if you need a boost, this soap will do it. I use mine with a KIT cloth and it cleans well, and smells ok. Not great, just ok.

View attachment 42537

My plan is to keep up on my regimen this month (April), and to get back into the rhythm of doing everything the right way. I only want about 2 shades up, so it shouldn't take forever to do that.

I'm still using the Bare Minerals Gel in Chestnut for the most part, but I'm slowly graduating to the Clinique "
Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation + Concealer" in Golden. It's almost a perfect match in the T-zone but my cheeks and chin area are still darker. Not like the bearded lady or anything, just slightly darker. LOL! The color difference is slight, and I'm a neutral tone. The Bare Minerals is a light coverage which can be layered but I never do. I dont have that kind of time. The Clinique is medium to full coverage but as I said, I can't wear it as a full face yet.

On the inside, I'm taking MSM pills which are more helpful to my hair than my complexion, but I think thats due to the smoking mostly...
Welcome back yes that soap is the truth! I also bought and the powerball soap, I haven't tried that yet. When I buy from flawless beauty, I always buy in large quantities. I have some many soaps I haven't tried yet. Suzy sells good stuff but her prices make me cry sometimes.

#485 ·
Is that the same company that sells funky mommy?

#488 ·
@gymrat - I have a bone to pick with you. Actually, my husband does. Ever since you told me about the free samples at Sephora and at the Department stores, I am hooked!! Girl, when I get bored or need a break from work, I hit the mall and do my collection rounds... Sephora (everything), Bare Minerals (eyeshadows), Nordstroms (just about every counter). My hub gets annoyed because I should be cooking dinner and I'm out at the mall getting samples of this and that and those over there. Ha!! I keep telling him, not many things in life are free, but these "free sprees" brighten my day HUNTY LEMME TELL YOU!! I swear they're all starting to greet me by name. LOL!!

So, you're probably going to bust if I don't tell you what I got so here's the list for today's haul:

Time in a Bottle (Philosophy)
When Hope is Not Enough Facial Replenishing Balm (Philosophy)
Hydra Essentiel (Clarins)
Eye Contour Gel (Clarins)
Le Lift (Chanel)
Thirsty Mud (GlamGlow)
Creamy Eye Treatment (Kiels)
C-Brighter Eye Treatment (Tarte)
Maracuja Oil (Tarte)
Step 1 Color Correcting Primer (MUFE)
C+ Collagen Serum (Dr. Dennis Gross)
Kat Von D Foundation, #78
Chanel Foundation, #131
Complexion Rescue in Terra (Bare Minerals)
Here Kitty eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Tiger's Eye eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Black Ruby eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Sol Sister eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)

About the smoking, I hope to quit by October. I have promised myself that I will be a non-smoker by my birthday. One day at a time....

#493 ·
@gymrat - I have a bone to pick with you. Actually, my husband does. Ever since you told me about the free samples at Sephora and at the Department stores, I am hooked!! Girl, when I get bored or need a break from work, I hit the mall and do my collection rounds... Sephora (everything), Bare Minerals (eyeshadows), Nordstroms (just about every counter). My hub gets annoyed because I should be cooking dinner and I'm out at the mall getting samples of this and that and those over there. Ha!! I keep telling him, not many things in life are free, but these "free sprees" brighten my day HUNTY LEMME TELL YOU!! I swear they're all starting to greet me by name. LOL!!

So, you're probably going to bust if I don't tell you what I got so here's the list for today's haul:

Time in a Bottle (Philosophy)
When Hope is Not Enough Facial Replenishing Balm (Philosophy)
Hydra Essentiel (Clarins)
Eye Contour Gel (Clarins)
Le Lift (Chanel)
Thirsty Mud (GlamGlow)
Creamy Eye Treatment (Kiels)
C-Brighter Eye Treatment (Tarte)
Maracuja Oil (Tarte)
Step 1 Color Correcting Primer (MUFE)
C+ Collagen Serum (Dr. Dennis Gross)
Kat Von D Foundation, #78
Chanel Foundation, #131
Complexion Rescue in Terra (Bare Minerals)
Here Kitty eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Tiger's Eye eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Black Ruby eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)
Sol Sister eyeshadow (Bare Minerals)

About the smoking, I hope to quit by October. I have promised myself that I will be a non-smoker by my birthday. One day at a time....
@hipvalley I am literally laughing out loud at this post, I read it out loud to my husband, he said glad to know someone else feels his pain :roflmao:so damn funny, I am cracking up!! I wish you lived in my town we could sample shop together :rofl:and its so true, you do it often enough they sales rep do start to recognize you. I am a pretty quiet, don't notice me type, so there are times I will walk into Sephora and do an about face because the same girls are working :tiptoe:. Onto your goodies......what Chanel foundation did you get? That's my favorite line, I have just about every foundation. Tarte Maracuja oil, I LOVE!! But you can find it cheaper then what Tarte has it for. I bought their bottle and went through it like water. You will love that I know it. Le Lift, did they give you the little white tubes? Those suckers will last you awhile. Next time you hit the Chanel counter ask them for samples of their new lippies TO DIE FOR!! Those are my all time favorites, they are luscious, not tacky or gummy at all. :cloud9: I like Bare Minerals eye shadows, the pigment is awesome. They do have some fallout so be careful not to use too much, otherwise you will be irritated. Other than that they have great colors to choose from. Sol Sister I have, I love love love it!! Now you are speaking my language!! Check out North Beach and Cable Car (if you end up liking Here Kitty and Black Ruby). Tiger Eye......oh my friend, you need to check out MAC Mulch, its another awesome color, you can wear it as a daily or darken it up for night time. Gosh you got me all excited talking shadows here are my favorite Chanel quads.....they are discontinued now so I had to buy all I could find on random sites I love them that much!! Chanel Suduction #42 and Eclosion #34

Eye shadow Eye Pink Organ Cosmetics

I am so glad this is your thread so I don't make someone angry with my makeup talk lol. Ok so these are my new favorites, put them on your sample shopping list........BECCA Soft Light Blurring Powder, tried it and I fell in love. Sephora should give you a sample, I tried it on in the store several times then just bought it......its that amazing. Ulta has it as well, but I like Sephora so much better. The other to try is BECCA Aqua Luminous Concealor. And I am not usually a concealor person, but you must try this tube of gold!!

And good attitude, set a goal for yourself, mind over matter girl and you will soon be a NON SMOKER!! I will celebrate with you at Sephora when you are :birthday:

#507 ·
UPDATE ***

I peeled my face and my face is on fire. Not just any fire, but hotter than hottest fire you can possibly think of. The kind that makes you want to jump around, only I can't jump because that would make my face shake and it would hurt even worse if there is a worse to get to. Air hurts. Water hurts. Smiling hurts, and Lord knows I'm afraid if I have to sneeze then my entire face might fall on the floor. I have rice bran oil slathered all over. It soothed for all of 30 seconds and my face looks like a damn roasted peanut.

I'm not going out at all. I'm scared to put sunscreen on. Not because I don't think it will work, but because I'll have to wash my face to get it off and everything is agitating my skin right now. I dare not even think about it.

But fret not, I will emerge beautiful and un-shiny with clear NW43 skin....in a few more days.

Note: Even though its stinging, I have no actual chemical burns on my face. Its the sacrifice of having new skin. Everybody is different and not everyone suffers "hellfire face" like I do.

#513 ·
UPDATE ***

I peeled my face and my face is on fire. Not just any fire, but hotter than hottest fire you can possibly think of. The kind that makes you want to jump around, only I can't jump because that would make my face shake and it would hurt even worse if there is a worse to get to. Air hurts. Water hurts. Smiling hurts, and Lord knows I'm afraid if I have to sneeze then my entire face might fall on the floor. I have rice bran oil slathered all over. It soothed for all of 30 seconds and my face looks like a damn roasted peanut.

I'm not going out at all. I'm scared to put sunscreen on. Not because I don't think it will work, but because I'll have to wash my face to get it off and everything is agitating my skin right now. I dare not even think about it.

But fret not, I will emerge beautiful and un-shiny with clear NW43 skin....in a few more days.

Note: Even though its stinging, I have no actual chemical burns on my face. Its the sacrifice of having new skin. Everybody is different and not everyone suffers "hellfire face" like I do.
Ain't that the damn truth!! The things we put ourselves through.......when you have to do the hokey pokey just for distraction you know its not going to turn out like a trip to the ice cream shop :p What kind of peel did you apply? You have neosporin, I would use it, better to be safe than sorry, at least for the initial day.

#514 · (Edited)
I used the regular YPO the one without the percentages of RA in it. My forehead and my sideburns are the hardest to peel but this stuff did the job. I usually use the 10% YPO one. I finally broke down and put on some A&D ointment. It at least allowed me to sleep. The hellfire is over except when I wash my face, and then it starts all over again. The entire area above and below my lips, and my chin, is on its 2nd peel, so I think that stuff may be a little too strong for those areas.

I'll give my face another day or two to normalize and then I'll use Bare Minerals Prep Step as a sunblocker. It has 23% Zinc Oxide and 4% Titanium Oxide. Hoping for minimal to no white cast. I've tried it on my hands and there isn't any but faces are a totally different story. For the rest of my body I'm using the SuperGoop Sun Defying something something. Only because I have a whole bottle of it and I want to use it up. It smells really good too!

Friday I start my neck and chest peel. I'm planning to peel head to toe by the end of May and then get back on my lightening. To me, I lighten better after peels and exfoliation. Still doing KIT from the neck down.

#515 ·
I used the regular YPO the one without the percentages of RA in it. My forehead and my sideburns are the hardest to peel but this stuff did the job. I usually use the 10% YPO one. I finally broke down and put on some A&D ointment. It at least allowed me to sleep. The hellfire is over except when I wash my face, and then it starts all over again. The entire area above and below my lips, and my chin, is on its 2nd peel, so I think that stuff may be a little too strong for those areas.

I'll give my face another day or two to normalize and then I'll use Bare Minerals Prep Step as a sunblocker. It has 23% Zinc Oxide and 4% Titanium Oxide. Hoping for minimal to no white cast. I've tried it on my hands and there isn't any but faces are a totally different story. For the rest of my body I'm using the SuperGoop Sun Defying something something. Only because I have a whole bottle of it and I want to use it up. It smells really good too!

Friday I start my neck and chest peel. I'm planning to peel head to toe by the end of May and then get back on my lightening. To me, I lighten better after peels and exfoliation. Still doing KIT from the neck down.
@hipvalley, I can't wait to hear how your check/neck do......are you using YPO there too?? Oh please be careful....my neck hurts just thinking about this. You know how sensitive that area is, baby steps my friend, baby steps :tiptoe:. Be sure to come back on Saturday and update this, if not sooner.......I'll be waiting!! :popc1:

#516 · (Edited)
Peeling Update...

Ummmm Yeah. Using the regular YPO to peel, it burned my neck. I don't remember having that problem before, but I think I used GPO before and it was fine. Anyway, it peeled and I'm holding at a shade between NW45 and NW43. Technically, if there was an NW44, that's what shade I would be.

I was going to start on my legs BUT I was on ebay and I came across another peeling product - Orange Peeling Lotion. I bought it from Pinkbella. Its a lotion instead of an oil, and I'm hoping it will work just as well without being oily. It should be here in a few days. I'll post a new thread about it in case anyone else wants to use it.

Meanwhile, I'm nursing my neck with Neosporin and anticipating that it will clear up the irritation. It doesnt hurt. It just itches when it gets dry so I'm putting the Neosporin on a couple of times a day and immediately after showering.

I'm thinking to go ahead and start on my legs with my usual 10% YPO and use the peeling lotion on something else. At least I know that works, and since its summer I don't want any weird results on my legs this year. Last year was a bust. I had to wear pants for most of the summer because I messed up my peel on my left leg from the mid-calf to my ankle. Not doing that again...

Attachments

#522 ·
Looking good @hipvalley, YPO messed up my face for some reason. No more of that I have tried orange peeling lotion it was a complete waste of time and money. Hope you get better results than I did.

My my face did great with the YPO, although I think the 10% solution worked equally well.
Where I went wrong is, when I put it on the underside of my chin (jaw area), the solution must've transferred to the area on my neck which peeled then peeled again then burned. I keep forgetting that these peeling solutions transfer!!!

#521 ·
oh boy @hipvalley I wondered how this would go for you.......applying neosporin should help calm things down, its my go too when I am in desperate need! How are things looking now?

It itches like poison ivy. I want to scratch SO badly but I can't. As long as I keep it moisturizer it doesn't bother me but as soon as the moisture starts to wear off, it's itch city. The other night I was smacking my neck to take the sting off the itch, and my husband gave me a serious side eye. kind of like how women pat their weaves but I was doing it to my neck. His face was priceless...

Ah, the slings and arrows of beauty!!

#520 ·
Sorry that has happened to you Miss @hipvalley but your skin tone looks really good. Exactly where I want to get to. I'm nw47 I believe so is that 2-3 shades away? what was you're starting shade.
Thanks...My original shade is NW45/NW47. I was able to get to this shade mostly by exfoliation.
My goal shade is somewhere between NW40 and NW43. About 2 shades up.

Green Skin Nail Eyelash

#526 · (Edited)
Update:

Hydrocortisone is doing the trick and my neck is starting to heal nicely. It still itches but only when the area begins to get dry.

On my face, I've started using the soap that @moonmaiden and I were wanting to try in a previous post. OMG! When I use it, it makes my skin so soft and hydrated. I haven't seen any signs of lightening yet, but I do notice a glow after just 2 days. Because I have really dry skin, after I use it, I use the Advanced Clinicals Collagen lotion. Slow and steady wins the race!

Soap Pink Product Bar soap Cosmetics

Here's a link to the soap.

On the flip side, ya'll know I can't go a week without having a PJ moment. I ordered a new Vitamin C serum on Amazon. With the hotter months coming fast, I want to make sure I'm protecting my face, and the Vitamin C serum I used before I can't find. Not sure what happened to it - my husband probably threw it out if it was in his way in the bathroom, or my teen "borrowed" it. Anyway, the Amazon reviews were really good, and I like that it specifically mentions help for dark circles. After these face peels, I always have raccoon eyes. Mine should be here next week, so I'm excited for this one. I hope I see results. I'll be taking photos before I use it so we can see together.

Also, my Orange Peeling lotion from PinkbellaWorld on ebay came yesterday. I havent decided where to use this yet because if there's any adverse reaction, I'd want it to be in a place that I can cover up. Arms maybe? I'll start a new thread on this since I figure people will want to overtake this one with Q&A. I'm thinking to start on Sunday.

Here's the Vitamin C I bought from Amazon...

Product Beauty Moisture Skin care Liquid

Majestic Pure Vitamin C Serum for Face and Neck with L-ascorbic Acid, 1 fl oz -
Sun Damage, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Wrinkles and Skin Brightening Serum

About the product

Vitamin C Serum for face and neck by Majestic Pure is potent and the best skin serum systems available today. It's the highest grade Vitamin C serum on the market! Contains L-ascorbic Acid 10%; leaves your skin beautiful and radiant

Made in the USA with the highest quality ingredients available: Vitamin C serum does not contain alcohol, parabens or sulfates and is safe for all skin types
@gymrat @moonmaiden @John-Dave Are any of you familiar with the Majestic Pure skin care line? Every review I've seen raves about their products but I don't see anything on this board.

#528 ·
@hipvalley, I haven't ever used Majestic Pure Vit C serum, if I didn't make my own, I would lean towards Cosmetic Skin Solution. When your looking at Vit C serum the less complicated the ingredients the better. It only requires a few ingredients to make, so all the other "fluff" they contain, don't serve any purpose.

Why aren't you making your own Vit C serum? It's so easy Hipvalley, I would totally hold your hand and walk you step by step.

3 steps that's it!!

LAA/distilled water
ferulic acid/vodka
carrier oil/SKB/Vit E/and an emulsifier.......that's it!!

Takes less then 5 mins to make.........you could make enough so your teen wouldn't have to borrow yours :p

#529 ·
@hipvalley, I haven't ever used Majestic Pure Vit C serum, if I didn't make my own, I would lean towards Cosmetic Skin Solution. When your looking at Vit C serum the less complicated the ingredients the better. It only requires a few ingredients to make, so all the other "fluff" they contain, don't serve any purpose.

Why aren't you making your own Vit C serum? It's so easy Hipvalley, I would totally hold your hand and walk you step by step.

3 steps that's it!!

LAA/distilled water
ferulic acid/vodka
carrier oil/SKB/Vit E/and an emulsifier.......that's it!!

Takes less then 5 mins to make.........you could make enough so your teen wouldn't have to borrow yours :p
Ok. Send me a list of specific ingredients, and where to get them, and let's do this. I'm so excited. I know you've been trying to get me to DIY for some time now, but if I can tighten the belt on my lightening products, I'll have way more to spend at Sephora! LOL

#532 ·
UPDATE ****

It's May 8th, and my Amazon stuff is not here because the card I used I forgot to update the expiration date. I thought the order went through but it didn't, so I have to wait just a few more days.

Back at the ranch, I ordered some Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Treatment, which I completely forgot about and it arrived today. It looks like water. It sprays like a perfume though. Like a mist of perfume would. Not much like what normal face sprays spray like. It smells like baby's breath. Not the flower. Like a real baby's breath. Kind of like no smell but clean. I don't know how to explain it. Go smell a baby's breath (before the bottle), and that's what its smells like. Not bad or good, just... Meh.

My neck is healing well. Now its flaking and itching. More itching than flaking. I have to keep it hydrated which is a pain in the neck. Ha! (pun intended)
I swear no matter what I put on it, its soaking up in like an hour. Nothing so far has been thick enough to keep it coated long. I've tried so many things and oh well. This too shall pass.

On a happier note, two things....

First, my face is looking GOOD! I've started my lightening and its going well. After only a few days, I see a slight difference. I dont want to go too hard on my face yet because it lightens fast and I dont want to look weird.

Second, I'm trying my Orange Peeling lotion tonight after my bath! Yaaaay! I'll detail everything with photos for ya. I think I'm going to do my back - from the base of my neck to my waist. Hopefully all will be peeling by the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

#533 ·
I started my orange peeling lotion!! Here's my starting photo of my NW45/43 skin.

I applied to my feet, ankles, legs, thighs, stomach and arms. Basically everywhere but my face, neck, and back.

I'm optimistic. It's supposed to be stronger than GPO but not as strong as YPO. I did 4 applications on my legs. 3 on stomach and arms and 2 on my chest. It doesn't have a great smell or a bad smell. It's almost no smell. It's like a gel-lotion and it absorbs really fast. It spreads well and it's a medium thickness. Kind of like Eucerin lotion if you've ever used that.

I took a bath first with Chanomile epsom salt and 91% alcohol. I used KA soap and exfoliated with a large KIT. You would think it would burn, but nope. All good.

My skin is super soft. There's no greasy feel like the peeling oils. In fact my skin feels really hydrated and just really, really, soft.

Oh, I did my hands too. You kind of can't not do your hands unless you don't wear gloves. Of course I didn't wear gloves. I massaged into my hands at each application, so I'm guessing I did my hands at least 4 or 5 times. If I didn't know better, I think I already have elephant butt starting already.

Attachments

#536 ·
Day 2 - orange peeling lotion

I was NOT seeing things last night! When I woke up this morning my hands were in full blown elephant butt mode. The peeling lotion is working!!! Mind you I must have rubbed it into my hands about 5 times.

Everywhere I rubbed it in on my skin was shiny. Another sign that it's working. I'm going to order some more without hesitation, just to have on hand.

I gave my knees and feet extra attention since the skin is thicker there. I layered it on thicker and applied it 4x instead of 3x.

As for the application process, the lotion absorbs fast and it doesn't sit on the skin like YPO does. I know I didn't wait 15 minutes in between but it was at least 10. I started with my arms, went over my chest and stomach then butt and thighs and then my feet. I did that 3 times. Each time, I rubbed it into my hands. Added some extra to knees and feet. Then started over.

My skin is still really soft. I have a few bubbled areas on my hands about the size of a pinpoint, where the skin is lifting.

More tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.