Skin Care Talk banner

BurnOut sunscreen (face&body) and make up

11K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! Happy Holidays!! hope you are all doing well!

So, as the title suggests, I really need help to make my under eye concealer (LA Girl pro HD and UD Naked Concealer) to "stay" without getting wrinkly looking. Due to the change of job, I am lacking of sleep and I just feel the "need" to cover up my under eye.

I don't use eye serum or whatsoever-moisturizer. In the morning I just slap DIY (watery) Vit C serum and finacea gel for troubled area, and BurnOut Face & Body sunscreen all over the face and neck.
After that I will put the concealer underneath my eye. I don't have really wide area to cover, so I don't use a lot, like, really small amount. I do apply eye primer and eyeshadows/liners on my upper lids.

Now, at first, the concealer applies OK and I set them up with a loose powder. I have tried to set it with a brush or sponge but after 2 hours, they start to get wrinkly (as I'm typing this) and dry-looking.
And, since starting using an underneath concealer, I feel my eyeshadow/liner smudges to the lower lid.
Usually my eyeshadows never smudge (I use UD primer potion prior and UD eye shadows)

I am thinking is it because of the sunscreen underneath? that the "base" is already matte and dry, so the concealer doesn't stay well?

BurnOut face&body has matte finish after all.
I'm really at loss, whether to buy an under eye primer (if there is such thing?) but on the other hand, I'm scared that by applying primer will move the sunscreen around, then I rather have raccoon eyes lol

PS: at night I only use Peter Thomas Roth Retinol fusion PM

See less See more
#2 ·
Apply your sunscreen be sure its soaked into your skin, then apply your concealor, dab your concealor, if its wrinkling it sounds like you are applying too much. After you had lightly applied it, try setting it with a setting powder. I love love love Laura Mercier under eye setting powder. I apply just a dab of concealor and then set it with just a tiny dab of setting powder.

Do you apply your products with your fingers or a brush??

#3 ·
hi gymrat! happy Christmas to you!
I pat it with my finger.
I distribute the concealer on my fingertip (not a glob of concealer, but I spread it on my fingertip) and then I tap-tap-tap it on the area.

Hmm...I definitely use sooooo little product, maybe I should take a pic tomorrow when I am applying again.

to be fair, my undereye area is not that "smooth" to begin with, but it is def not full of deep lines. maybe it has something to do with my skin itself...

how should I describe,,,err,,,it is like the concealer is setting into my skin, creating lines that are more pronounced. or is it because of the loose powder?

Which Laura Mercier setting powder do you use dear? I guess I will need to invest better powder! (an excuse to splurge eh lmao)

#4 ·
What I would do if I were you is........not apply SS under your eyes. Be sure you are moisturizing under your eyes well. Be sure it has absorbed, THEN apply your concealor. To be honest, I try not to wear concealor because of the same reasons you are explaining. Most times, concealor makes my eyes look worse.

As for Laura Mercier this is what I use, its so delicate and light you will be amazed!!
http://www.lauramercier.com/setting...g-powder-for-under-eyes-12321009.html#start=3

#5 ·
hi gymrat,
does the Laura Mercier have shimmer?

today they are much better, i just purchased ELF HD pressed powder (translucent) to set them,,,so far so good.

yes! I do agree with you, sometimes putting concealer under the eyes actually makes them look worse.

hmm.......but is it ok though not to put SS there????

#6 ·
No Choco no shimmer in the LM setting powder.

As for not applying SS under the eyes, I don't unless I am going to be directly in the sun, in the water, at the beach, etc, otherwise, when outside I keep my shades on. I am very particular with my under eye area, and treat it like fine china!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.