Peel for Acne Prone Skin

Thread: Peel for Acne Prone Skin

Peel for Acne Prone Skin

Hey!

I am new to this forum and has been lurking around all weekend. I am in my late 30s and still struggling with acne scars, blackheads using expensive cleansers, toners, lotions and creams without solving anything.

I just learnt a lot about chemical peels such as salicylic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid. Which of the 4 do you recommend for a starter and a what percentages? I am african with dark skin, maybe that information is good to know.

All help is welcome.

/Bekka

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Mandelic acid is one I highly recommend. Mild but very effective especially for acne prone skin. You can use it weekly or bi weekly.http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/M...cid-_c_89.html
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Great, thanks Gymrat.

I will give it a try. Is the 25% one good for a starter or should I go with a lower percentage?

/Bekka

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I guess I am the happiest SCT member this week, I am so happy to have found something that really works!! Thanks to #Gymrat for the mandelic peel, so far the best investment on my skin.

I began to use the 25% Mandelic Acid Peel once a week for the past three weeks. This is the best my skin has been in years! I am super satisfied with my progress! I got soooo excited that I ordered a body peel from MUAC for the acne scars and black spots on my chest and back.

/Bekka

This is great to hear!! Keep us posted on how the body peel works out. Which one did you purchase??
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Thanks @gymrat ! I ordered their 5 acid body peel, mandelic cid toner, 10% mandelic acid serum and their lactic C cleansing scrub. But their shipping to Sweden is too pricey, I will have to turn to the DIY section for the future.

9. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements