Skin Care Talk banner

Bleachers anonymous therapy.

678K views 3K replies 125 participants last post by  Mazikeen 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is a space where we can share our lightening, exfoliating or maintenance goals and achievements. Feel free to ask questions, give suggestions. When you have progress share! Experience set back share! Try a new product you know it share.
I will start i don't have a goal i just want to be even all over. I plan to do a peel on my joints as they are my problem areas. This is my focus for the first couple of months! Products i plan to try surewhite serum for my joints only. I recently started using gng oil and shea butter on my lips after scrubbing them with a tooth brush thanks to John-Dave. May the lightening gods be with us all!

#2,230 ·
My feet in natural light is literally where my body needs to go! I have been using dodo lotion (tried g&g in the past more than once and dodo has worked better for me so I won't be going back to g&g). I'm debating on trying a Mitchell brand lotion and mixing it with some serums because dodos "White up" listed in ingredients still makes me question what else is in the lotion LOL.

Anyone have tips for knees? Noticed a exfoliation sample got a dark patch on my knee lighter, but I didn't have much to follow up with so it's redarkening despite me even being cautious with friction on my knees from kneeling etc. I have my eye on some peels but I want to find something to follow up with after peels to maintain the tone.

#2,233 ·
@moon maiden @gymrat

I need some advice, my KP while it's improved is still pretty noticeable. I use to use GnG day and night and RA 1% on these areas and I'm thinking of switching it up.

Amlactin or GnG day and night. After 20/30 minutes I'll apply Coconut Oil. I'm thinking of dropping RA on my legs and just use it for my face.
Hey boo! Amlactin at night, gng twice a day. Coconut oil 5-15 minutes after applying gng. You can also mix the RA in the gng if you want.

#2,239 ·
I'm FINALLY seeing results so my diy hq serum was actually working on my face before I switched to nadinola 2 weeks ago. didn't think it was working all this time. man I was so wrong. I noticed when I took a pic on my lunch outside out of boredom lol and saw how yellow I looked. I was shocked as hell! it's not all the way even but it's forming the lighter skin from my outer face then goes in so im pretty sure it's gonna even all out in time.

then I thought maybe I'm wishful thinking. got home and tried on my concealer and it was SUPERdark. Now I was convinced! so I started taking pics literally everyday and looking at older pics. and I could see a big ass difference.

the big test:
I knew I was lighter now so I wanted see what Sephora would match me in the concealer brand Tarte without me saying anything. Ok so I already knew I can no longer wear rich honey in tarte. So the lady said I was yellow just by looking at me and the deep shade matched!. this put me @ 100% in lightening and realized it was paying off. so far on my body my arm is lighter than my hands but on some days I'm not sure lol . so the diy hq serum does work you just need to know how to formulate it. the PG is the better solvent btw.
so if y'all wanna see my pics just let me know this was just a quick update.
Lipstick Cosmetics Material property

I know this is not a big jump in shades but it's results. I wanna say I will lighten a shade every two months?? but I'm glad I'm seeing some kind of results

#2,241 ·
I'm FINALLY seeing results so my diy hq serum was actually working on my face before I switched to nadinola 2 weeks ago. didn't think it was working all this time. man I was so wrong. I noticed when I took a pic on my lunch outside out of boredom lol and saw how yellow I looked. I was shocked as hell! it's not all the way even but it's forming the lighter skin from my outer face then goes in so im pretty sure it's gonna even all out in time.

then I thought maybe I'm wishful thinking. got home and tried on my concealer and it was SUPERdark. Now I was convinced! so I started taking pics literally everyday and looking at older pics. and I could see a big ass difference.

the big test:
I knew I was lighter now so I wanted see what Sephora would match me in the concealer brand Tarte without me saying anything. Ok so I already knew I can no longer wear rich honey in tarte. So the lady said I was yellow just by looking at me and the deep shade matched!. this put me @ 100% in lightening and realized it was paying off. so far on my body my arm is lighter than my hands but on some days I'm not sure lol . so the diy hq serum does work you just need to know how to formulate it. the PG is the better solvent btw.
so if y'all wanna see my pics just let me know this was just a quick update.
[iurl="http://www.skincaretalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46417&d=1497685134"]
[/iurl]
I know this is not a big jump in shades but it's results. I wanna say I will lighten a shade every two months?? but I'm glad I'm seeing some kind of results
Omg I'm excited for you.!! I definitely wanna see your pics

#2,247 · (Edited)
@Glenni_Glen

1st pic: the pic I took on lunch and realized I looked different . this is in natural light inside a cafe looking out the window. no makeup. dark circles still there tho.

2nd pic: pics are in the restroom with the lights off in the same spot. tried to do the same angle. My face was VERY dark and body was lighter smh. on the other one my nose is catching up and body has lighten a bit & lips too.
pictures don't lie.

I did everything I could to prevent theft but ppl don't be caring so I know this is risky.

#2,266 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I've been visiting this website for years but I just recently signed up for an account. I'm happy that we are all a very big family here. How do y'all feel about natural skin lightening?. I think it's very great. I recently discovered a skin lightening cream and soap that naturally lightens the skin in 2 weeks. No harsh chemicals, and your skin doesn't redarken when you stop using it. It gives that natural light skin look. If you need it, message me for details.

#2,272 ·
UPDATED ROUTINE:

I lightening for two weeks straight then skinbuild for one week. For my bleaching weeks
AM:
Bath and wash face with koijic and glutathione soap, ponta mint is soap, glytone body wash,goat milk soap, Thai rice soap, fair and white whitenzer soap(blue packaging), and my favorite Skinwhite power whitening soap the smell is amazing! I alternate between them. After washing my face with an exfoliating soap I follow up with Trader's Joes spa face wash with tea tree oil.
I apply Moroccan rosewater(Gaia purity brand or level rose brand) or my DIY ACV toner.
Then I apply my Korean skin(Toner) Innisfree green tea balancing skin or my skinfood premium tomato whitening emulsion.
IKB serum then IKB gel
Labena red gingseng snail repair essence or Mizon snail repair intensive ampoule.
I apply my gng face mix( It consists of gng oil, gng lotion, IKB face and body cream with vitamin E, dodo oil, dodo lotion)
Then I apply m trader's joes vitamin E oil.
BODY: I apply my Pre-showe mix which consist of water, apple cider vinegar, epsom salt and sugar I then apply it before showering. I put it in a spray bottle.
I shower with any exfoliating soap of my choice using Japanese salux towel, exfoliating gloves or a Moroccan loofah. I first scrub my skin with my diy sugar scrub or tree hut shea sugar scrub my favorites are lime coconut or Moroccan rose. I leave it my skin of five to ten minutes rinse then use my exfoliating soap. When I dry my skin I follow up with my aloe Vera gel water which is basically aloe Vera gel mix in water in a spray bottle.
I then apply my gng super whitening mix which consists of gng oil, gng lotion, dodo oil, dodo lotion, 2 IKB gels. 1 IKB cream and one IKB serum and jojoba oil I mix all of this into half of my gng jar cream. I then apply Olive oil to my skin and emu oil(Gaia purity brand) on my torso only for stretchmarks.

PM:
I do the same thing as in the AM except four days a week I use my Touch KP exfoliating lotion it contains glycolic acid 15% and salicylic acid 2% the smell is so good and the feel is very moisturizing. I use Moringa oil at night it is a great anti-aging product.
SKINBUILDING; I use aveeno lavender soap or soft soap heavenly vanilla with a bamboo wash cloth.
Moisturize with olive oil and Olay total effects advanced anti-aging lotion the smell is amazing!
FACE: Rosewater( Gaia purity or level rose brand). or my DIY ACV toner.
innisfree green tea balancing skin or skin food premium tomato whitening emulsion then I apply, aloe Vera gel, innisfree green tea balancing face cream. Then I apply my vitamin E oil and two drops of tea tree oil and at night I use Moringa oill.
SUN PROTECTION:, A wide brim hat, devita sunscreen, sheisdo, babo, I apply aloe Vera gel on exposed areas when I get home after sun exposure.
SUPPLEMENTS: Aloe Vera gel capsules( NOW brand) it detoxifies the systems.
MSM(NOW Brand.)
Glutathione( Jarrows brand).
Gingseng.
i also drink a lot infuse water. Ginger tea,green tea , hibiscus tea and white tea.
KNUCKLES: I apply koijic acid soap for ten minutes before I shower. I cover my hands with gloves then I rinse it off then I apply dodo oil and piment doux on them. I may do a TCA peel in the near future. I also scrub them with a toothbrush after soaking them in epsom salt for 15 minutes.

#2,274 ·
girl you deserve the best of skin you really don't play.

I wanted to ask you about the snail repair serum it really caught my fancy and it's cheap. I wanted to buy it how it it am scared of breakouts from it since it says damage skin and my facial skin is as smooth as a baby bum. No pimples nothing.

I just want that extra plum and glow.

#2,273 ·
You don't play @moon maiden
I tried my first LA peel on my arms and that mess burned and itched. I must have dived into the shower with a box of baking soda. I used shea butter after I neutralized. I used equal amounts of LA and distilled water. After a week I decided to use Dodo lotion and oil with IKB gel and serum. G&G makes me a little dark. I always exfoliate with Amlactin and exfoliating soaps w gloves. So far so good.

#2,279 ·
Thank you, my routine has been out of whack because of summer and I lessened what I use to see the effects of the Glutha on its own

Am
-Kojie san on whole body and face
- Body scrub by tree hut (new)
-Mitchell brand milk protein cream on face
-Am lactin on body
-Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen (just started using sunscreen , now that i have found something thats not greasy)
-Glutha cap
-Vit c cap

PM
-Fresh face wash
-Exfoliate with my Foreo
-Milk protein on face and neck
-Glutha cap
-Vit c cap

**Everyday drink 8 glasses of water

: Going to give an update on how my scrub is working and what my skin looks like after i finished first bottle of glutha and do newbie peel

#2,287 ·
This gives me life ^_^ @moon maiden

Im definitely taking notes for when I can afford to lighten again. Right now until college is over I'm maintaining. I can't believe it's been two years I've been on this forum but I'm so glad I found this site and have you guys help out.

My my legs are finally even with my underarm skin and I couldn't be happier. Human leg Leg Skin Joint Arm

#2,289 ·
This gives me life ^_^ @moon maiden

Im definitely taking notes for when I can afford to lighten again. Right now until college is over I'm maintaining. I can't believe it's been two years I've been on this forum but I'm so glad I found this site and have you guys help out.

My my legs are finally even with my underarm skin and I couldn't be happier. [iurl="http://www.skincaretalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46929&d=1498520647"]
[/iurl]
Omgggggg your shade is giving me lifeeeee . Yasss congrats

#2,305 ·
Well, hi guys, this is my first post so . . .

I've been lightening on and off for about a year and am still working on getting rid of my permatan. My starting shade is around NC 47 and I just want to get as light as I can evenly but my goal (for now) is 3 or 4 shades. I use tinted sunscreen that's lighter than my natural color so it helps me look lighter and also get sun protection. But it's annoying when i have to apply it all over my chest otherwise it looks weird. Most of the times i just cover my chest anyway to save time and sunscreen.

#2,309 · (Edited)
I'm officially weaning hq this week as soon as I receive my stuff in the mail.

so far I brought:
precious vitamin c serum (AA)
2 carotene bsc serum (KA) (I'm thinking about using Qei)
&& 4 IkB gels from the bss. mix all this together and use it as a superserum natural mix instead of a cream and put it in a pump I got from skin actives and apply while reducing the hq serum. idk if I want to use GnG because I LOVE the yellow tone HQ gave me.

In order for me to equate the results I got from the hq and not redarken I decided to go with 2 actives ka and aa. I hope it works as an alternative . I'm a little effy about aa bc it converts in hq but I read its safer and you can use it long term and natural which it is *sighs*Wish me luck. Let me know if y'all have any other suggestions. I will update in a month

#2,311 ·
I made my first lotion hovering between 21-25% LA and occlude a few hours every other night.

I'm also doing heated yoga in the mornings where I sweat a lot but basically my question is: all the water I drink and the extreme sweating has my skin fine when dry so do I still need a moisturing lotion? Lotion in general just doesn't feel right, skin just kinda stays tacky with or without LA. Is the sweating and stretching daily for an hour doing the work a building lotion would do when it comes to peeling?

Also when people talk sap do you mean like I should avoid crossing city streets with any exposure or like completely avoid direct sunlight on skin or does everyone mean like standing in the sun a minute or two?

#2,313 ·
Just be aware not to occlude with acids because you can burn yourself and get PIH. Remember you are applying acids everyday on your skin to get rid of dead skin cells and your skin doesn't turnover fast enough for you not to experience stinging from over exfoliation which is why starting from a low % is best usually between 12-15%. The % you have is ok just don't go over that amount. You can use maybe 3/4 times a week but don't use it everyday. Maybe trying another lotion that is more moistursing will help you. Aveeno, Cetaphil and Jergens are good productd but jergens has the "carbomer" ingredient if your trying to make a diy with those. You can also look into oils for moisturizing as well. When we say "sap" it basically means to limit your sun exposure, not to completely avoid it but to be mindful of the peak hours where the sun rays are the strongest if you could and to always were zinc oxide sunblock no matter what.

#2,315 ·
My hands are looking much better

After stopping G&G I was finally able to make some progress on my hands. The G&G was darkening my knuckles. I use a LA peel 1x a week. I use Dodo oil, lotion, cream and sometimes ikb gel on my hands 5 days a week sealed with olive oil. I make sure to really massage the products into my hands especially my knuckles. I occlude with gloves sometimes. I soak with Dead Sea salt for 20 min, 1x a week 2 days after my peel. I skin build with shea butter and olive oil 2x a week. I use dodo soap or Dudu Osun soap with exfoliating gloves.
The first pic is after my G&G struggles and the last 2 pics where a few days ago Skin Toe Finger Leg Foot
Finger Skin Nail Hand Material property
Finger Nail Pink Hand Skin
I'm not sure if I'm going to leave these up. Please don't quote pics.

#2,317 ·
After stopping G&G I was finally able to make some progress on my hands. The G&G was darkening my knuckles. I use a LA peel 1x a week. I use Dodo oil, lotion, cream and sometimes ikb gel on my hands 5 days a week sealed with olive oil. I make sure to really massage the products into my hands especially my knuckles. I occlude with gloves sometimes. I soak with Dead Sea salt for 20 min, 1x a week 2 days after my peel. I skin build with shea butter and olive oil 2x a week. I use dodo soap or Dudu Osun soap with exfoliating gloves.
The first pic is after my G&G struggles and the last 2 pics where a few days ago [iurl="http://www.skincaretalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47681&d=1499399461"]
[/iurl] I'm not sure if I'm going to leave these up. Please don't quote pics.
Omg yess ur hands are giving me life. How long did it take before your hands evened out?

#2,320 ·
@Beautymark Thanks. I'm sure you will get your hands and feet together.
@Glenni_Glen I kept seeing progress week after week. It has been about 5 weeks after the G&G. I do believe the G&G was working underneath, but I didn't like the darkening. After I used the LA peel my hands started peeling. I used my lotion and oil 2 days later and my hands started to slowly make progress. My hands were in good shape before until I used the Amari organics vitamin C serum. I was trying to get a glow but instead my hands darkened unevenly.
@moon maiden Thanks. Yes I stay tweaking if I feel like I'm not making progress

#2,322 ·
@Beautymark Thanks. I'm sure you will get your hands and feet together.
@Glenni_Glen I kept seeing progress week after week. It has been about 5 weeks after the G&G. I do believe the G&G was working underneath, but I didn't like the darkening. After I used the LA peel my hands started peeling. I used my lotion and oil 2 days later and my hands started to slowly make progress. My hands were in good shape before until I used the Amari organics vitamin C serum. I was trying to get a glow but instead my hands darkened unevenly.
@moon maiden Thanks. Yes I stay tweaking if I feel like I'm not making progress
Yep. its gonna come along

#2,328 ·
Product Material property Plastic Plastic bottle
my stuff. I didn't mix everything like I said I would.i just mixed 2ikb to 1 carotone bsc and some precious vitC (3 teaspoons maybe) so It won't overflow the pump (the smaller one). I used a milk frother (thanks to @gymrat genius idea!)to mix which is REALLY good!!. only for liquids guys. my super serum came out to be very light, and it absorbs very quickly. the other pump is my hq serum. I reduced it to 5%. I use precious serum on my face alone for am and f&w whitinezer vitC in pm for lightning.

#2,331 ·
View attachment 48097 my stuff. I didn't mix everything like I said I would.i just mixed 2ikb to 1 carotone bsc and some precious vitC (3 teaspoons maybe) so It won't overflow the pump (the smaller one). I used a milk frother (thanks to @gymrat genius idea!)to mix which is REALLY good!!. only for liquids guys. my super serum came out to be very light, and it absorbs very quickly. the other pump is my hq serum. I reduced it to 5%. I use precious serum on my face alone for am and f&w whitinezer vitC in pm for lightning.
What's the ingredients for f&w vit c serum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.