Skin Care Talk banner

Bleachers anonymous therapy.

678K views 3K replies 125 participants last post by  Mazikeen 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is a space where we can share our lightening, exfoliating or maintenance goals and achievements. Feel free to ask questions, give suggestions. When you have progress share! Experience set back share! Try a new product you know it share.
I will start i don't have a goal i just want to be even all over. I plan to do a peel on my joints as they are my problem areas. This is my focus for the first couple of months! Products i plan to try surewhite serum for my joints only. I recently started using gng oil and shea butter on my lips after scrubbing them with a tooth brush thanks to John-Dave. May the lightening gods be with us all!

#2,163 ·
I was using SheaMoisture Black Soap, Thayers Witch Hazel, and Tree Tea Oil almost everyday, I dumped the last two as it started to burn. Kojie San twice a week instead of SheaMoisture and I think that's what did me in before I used witch hazel and the tree tea oil. Dodo white Up Cream twice almost everyday too.

Besides a moisturizer Ive been using RA .5% after an hour everyday.

Right now, I'm using Sa cleanser or SheaMoisture soap, Whipped Shea Butter, and RA .5% @gymrat

#2,166 ·
I was using SheaMoisture Black Soap, Thayers Witch Hazel, and Tree Tea Oil almost everyday, I dumped the last two as it started to burn. Kojie San twice a week instead of SheaMoisture and I think that's what did me in before I used witch hazel and the tree tea oil. Dodo white Up Cream twice almost everyday too.

Besides a moisturizer Ive been using RA .5% after an hour everyday.

Right now, I'm using Sa cleanser or SheaMoisture soap, Whipped Shea Butter, and RA .5% @gymrat
Hey hun make sure to skin build and when you decide to go back to tea tree oil, use two drops of tea tree oil mixed in grapeseed oil or any oil of your choice.

#2,170 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on my hands I've been suffer from Pih for almost 2 years and its embarrassing.

I have a variety of products and if you could help me with a regime that would be great

what I am doing now is rinsing my hands with kojic San in the Am and using retin a 0.1 in the pm 3 days a week....of course sun block lol

so I have these products and I don't know what to do with them:
dodo white up soap
dodo white up oil
dodo white up lotion
piment doux
fair and white AHA.
10 and 20% peeling oil

Please help

#2,171 ·
@flawlessBright Thanks I'm not using Dodo cream on my face anymore, I'll probably use it 3x a week until I run out of product and switch to G&G.

Im curious though, maybe I should just put on Dodo/G&G once a day. I read arrows thread saw for Kojic acid to be used twice a day to be effective which is why I used it so much.
@gymrat and @moon maiden maybe I was paranoid and thinking that maybe my feet are this way from redarkening as I gave up a week of dodo and seemed to revert slowly and my feet where the lightest parts. I've been following advice with my face but I've been using Dodo, Whipped Shea Butter and RA (Mon and Tues) for the last four days and it seems to be peeling off.

Am I playing with Fire? My feet look so bad and I'm worried I did permanent damage :(
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Leg Skin Foot Joint Arm
Skin Joint Leg Arm Close-up

#2,172 ·
@flawlessBright Thanks I'm not using Dodo cream on my face anymore, I'll probably use it 3x a week until I run out of product and switch to G&G.

Im curious though, maybe I should just put on Dodo/G&G once a day. I read arrows thread saw for Kojic acid to be used twice a day to be effective which is why I used it so much.
@gymrat and @moon maiden maybe I was paranoid and thinking that maybe my feet are this way from redarkening as I gave up a week of dodo and seemed to revert slowly and my feet where the lightest parts. I've been following advice with my face but I've been using Dodo, Whipped Shea Butter and RA (Mon and Tues) for the last four days and it seems to be peeling off.

Am I playing with Fire? My feet look so bad and I'm worried I did permanent damage :( View attachment 41561 View attachment 41569
No hun this will heal just skin build then do ypo to peel it off or do weekly GA or LA peels that will get rid of it also LA lotion will help fade it in time. Don't panic love.

#2,175 ·
Does anyone know a strong face peel? I was using Funky Mommy Gluta C cream and got great peels. Well the last couple of times of usage I have not peeled at all. I think they may have changed the formula or my skin has just gotten use to it. I have also tried Maxi Peel 3. I'm on the 7th day and still no peeling just some redness in some areas. Please help!! Peeling is very important to my skin lightening process.

#2,176 ·
you can try green peeling oil, yellow peeling oil (yellow is stronger) and one day peeling solution. you can buy on eBay. Carotein is a good.from the reviews on here.ni never used it

what is funky momma glutathione c cream? did you lighten from it?

#2,177 · (Edited)
@PriorityMale don't worry just follow what moonmaiden said it will fade just skin build and change your regimen. I have been surprised during my journey how much I've been able to fade.

#2,190 ·
@steviegirl @moon maiden @gymrat Alright I've been skin building with my whipped Shea Butter for two weeks and I think I'll move on to using Amlactin twice a day on the Weekdays and using an LA Peel on Saturday and then Shea Butter after and all day Sunday.

Ill do this till the middle of August and then just use my lightening lotion on my feet regularly.

I hope this works it looks so bad :( Thanks you guys for your advice

#2,192 ·
@steviegirl @moon maiden @gymrat Alright I've been skin building with my whipped Shea Butter for two weeks and I think I'll move on to using Amlactin twice a day on the Weekdays and using an LA Peel on Saturday and then Shea Butter after and all day Sunday.

Ill do this till the middle of August and then just use my lightening lotion on my feet regularly.

I hope this works it looks so bad :( Thanks you guys for your advice
You are welcome hun, when your feet heal just do a YPO peel on it that will help the appearance a lot. You have a good regime here. Cheer up hun you will be alright. :heart:

#2,199 ·
@moon maiden Do you think using Dodo on these marks will help? Or instead of using YPO, should I use the rest of my GPO or is it too harsh? I really want these marks gone, it's been almost two months
Do YPO it is stronger and if you can get glytone use that on the marks only to spot treat that will help a lot. If you can GA peels will help a lot. Dodo will help with the appearance of the marks as well. Don't worry boo we will sort this out.

#2,207 ·
@moon maiden. Do you just apply sunscreen and go out without tanning?or use a hat and other stuff? I've been covering up like a vampire since 2015 as I can tan by just looking at the picture of the sun I swear and hubby is tired of all of this .I was wondering if you could tell how much sunscreen you apply and if you avoid the sun like crazy too in order to maintain results? Also what skin shade are you now you think? Thanks for all the help!

#2,208 ·
I use devita and it is like a lotion so it goes on smoothly. I apply it before I go to work, on my lunch break and before I head home. It is good to use a hat and other things to SAP but sunscreen is still important. I also avoid the sun like the plague. Your hubby will get used to it lol we (women) always get our way even when they think they are getting their way.

#2,219 ·
do you know if the g&g cream in the tube is the same as the g&g in the jar? The tube is $5 but the Jar is $10 for 10x the amount so I am lost :scratch: Looking for more things to add to my current mix since I'm not getting this drying effect everyone is talking about with g&g so my brain says somethings wrong with it

#2,223 ·
So I'm jumping on the moon maiden regimen. :D I ordered my products and I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Today a friend told me my face has a beautiful tan. Dang! Most people would have been happy but inside I was like this dang RA got me darkening. I have been working on the texture of my skin and it's coming along nicely.

#2,225 ·
Thanks @moon maiden
I wanted to ask you what do you use for your hands? My hands were doing well until I used Amara Organics vitamin c serum and lotion. My hands darkened. I was trying to get a glow because the Dodo lotion and oil made them too pale for my liking. I tried to remove the darkness by using RA and G&G lotion with occlusion and that made my hands even darker. I did a lactic acid peel on Tuesday and a sea salt soak on Thursday. I think my hands need to peel.

#2,227 ·
Thanks @moon maiden
I wanted to ask you what do you use for your hands? My hands were doing well until I used Amara Organics vitamin c serum and lotion. My hands darkened. I was trying to get a glow because the Dodo lotion and oil made them too pale for my liking. I tried to remove the darkness by using RA and G&G lotion with occlusion and that made my hands even darker. I did a lactic acid peel on Tuesday and a sea salt soak on Thursday. I think my hands need to peel.
gng darkens hands unfortunately when you occlude wth it unfortunately. Yes you need a peel then go back to dodo just give breaks when your hands are where you want them to be. So they are not to pale skip days that will. But you need an intensive peel right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.