Wait Time After 40% LA Peel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Wait Time After 40% LA Peel

Wait Time After 40% LA Peel

I'm hoping that someone could tell me how long I should wait before I can use my 20% vit C serum. I did the peel last night so I did not use vit c this morning-just my moisturizer and ss.

If I plan to do the peels weekly, should I use RA (.025) just 1 or 2 times per week?

Also, I applied the peel with my fingers (no brush yet) and left it on for right under 3 minutes. I really don't have any idea on how much product I should have used. The directions say to squeeze a small amount but to cover thoroughly which to me conflicts a bit. I guess I used maybe 4-5 drops. I definitely was conservative with it. Could any one advise?

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@glc213 : Wait time after an la peel would be 24-48 hours ... Avoid all exfoliators n lighteners and just skin build with nourishing oils and butters ... You can use RA 2xs a week n still do ur peels if ur skin can take it ... Listen to ur skin n be safe ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

Quote Originally Posted by glc213 View Post
    I'm hoping that someone could tell me how long I should wait before I can use my 20% vit C serum. I did the peel last night so I did not use vit c this morning-just my moisturizer and ss.

If I plan to do the peels weekly, should I use RA (.025) just 1 or 2 times per week?

Also, I applied the peel with my fingers (no brush yet) and left it on for right under 3 minutes. I really don't have any idea on how much product I should have used. The directions say to squeeze a small amount but to cover thoroughly which to me conflicts a bit. I guess I used maybe 4-5 drops. I definitely was conservative with it. Could any one advise?

Thank you.
    Squeeze a small amount??? LA peel is a liquid solution, there isn't any "squeezing"

As for when to apply Vit C and other exfoliating products, after your skin is back to its natural state. I go back to my routine after a day or so.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

How's it going @glc213 ... ??
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

Hi gymrat. The directions actually say to squeeze a small amount of the lactic acid serum on to fingertips. I'm sure I did it correctly, but, maybe I was a little too conservative if anything. Thanks for your advice!

AIME--It is going very well. I'm sticking to my plan--I realize I am going to be a tad under-confident at first as this is a new thing and I could damage my skin if I am not careful. I understand that I am not going to see any great results for many months, but, even if I see little to nothing--making ss a daily part of my lifestyle is worth the whole effort. I live in FL near the ocean, so, this is a hard pill to swallow. Thank you for checking in on me!

Hi gymrat. The directions actually say to squeeze a small amount of the lactic acid serum on to fingertips. I'm sure I did it correctly, but, maybe I was a little too conservative if anything. Thanks for your advice!

AIME--It is going very well. I'm sticking to my plan--I realize I am going to be a tad under-confident at first as this is a new thing and I could damage my skin if I am not careful. I understand that I am not going to see any great results for many months, but, even if I see little to nothing--making ss a daily part of my lifestyle is worth the whole effort. I live in FL near the ocean, so, this is a hard pill to swallow. Thank you for checking in on me!
    Interesting........LA peel is like water. Not much would stay on your fingers if you applied it that way. It would be like applying water on your fingertips and applying it in some sort of fashion.

Try using a fan brush or makeup brush and applying, it will be a bit more evenly distributed this way.

It was exactly like water. I should have waited until my brush came, but, I was a little to excited.

I'm glad all is well ... you'll be fine as long as your careful and consistent. We all started somewhere so its all good hun ...

Lemme know your progress.... Thanks.

It was exactly like water. I should have waited until my brush came, but, I was a little to excited.
    Totally understandable. Once your brush comes, apply it again

@AIME and/or @gymrat A question about Vit C serum: I am currently using the NCN 20% w/vit E and ferulic acid. I saw a few less expensive brands that contain hyaluronic acid in them on Amazon. Should I try one of those next? I also found one that contains both for less than half the price. And let me preface by saying that I am not ready to make my own lol. I need to get my routine in check before I add complexity to it. Thanks

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements